Advertisement

Author Topic: College is lonely? anyone?  (Read 29860 times)

passingby#2

Re: College is lonely? anyone?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
College for me was lonely.  I went to school all day then worked evening till 10, came home ate, study then did it all over again.  My only social life was on the weekends.  In college, you have friends, but it's not like in highschool where you can hang out after school and such.  Evryone has a different schedule and if you worked that took up even more of your time.

Yeah, the road to success is a lonely one in that you're really on your own if you push hard you succeed if you don't you fail.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Mr.Loj

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 03:18:14 AM »
College was a great part of my life. Girls, studying, papers, labs, finals, partying, drinking,and did I mention girls? I wish I could go back to college. 

softlips

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »
College for me was lonely.  I went to school all day then worked evening till 10, came home ate, study then did it all over again.  My only social life was on the weekends.  In college, you have friends, but it's not like in highschool where you can hang out after school and such.  Evryone has a different schedule and if you worked that took up even more of your time.

Yeah, the road to success is a lonely one in that you're really on your own if you push hard you succeed if you don't you fail.

I can say the same.....

The program I enrolled in took about 20 students per year and if you dont study hard you fall behind quick. Even though the group was small I didnt really make any real friends where we did things out of school. It didnt help when I'm the only one who worked and went to school. I just cant afford it like they can. And when I study, I study alone compare to them being in groups. But I do well when I'm on my own anyways so I didnt mind.

College certainly is a true test of character though.....

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
I wish I could of done more in college, but limitations (being mainly money since I was a broke student) made it difficult to go out and have fun.  Apparently my school was a commuter school so there wasn't too much campus life happening.  Also it seems like the freshmen class knew each other.  My first day in the dormitory the only person I knew was my roommate (who was hmong and from the same city as me), but it seems like everybody on the floor knew each other...they must of been locals who went to the same high schools.

My weekends were reserved for studying since I needed it to catch up because I was working during the weekdays.  However I made friends in college (mainly from work), so it was cool.

starflyy

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 10:15:05 PM »
Ahh, it seems I am a few years late, lol ^.^
Your college life really depends on you and how you want your college experience to be like.
It depends on how often you are active on campus and how much you socialize on campus.
During my freshman year, I was the one who always planned ovie nights with my new friends in college. I was active too, but then this year, as my sophomore year, I was not as active. I realized some of my friends from freshman year were fake and two faced, so yes, as of now, lonely :[ But I learned how to cope with it and made new friends, joined different clubs :)

Also, socializing and getting to know people and getting out there actually helps you network. Like if you need to find a job, you'd be surprised at how many people can help you or know a place where there are employees needed. :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

PRINCESS.

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 10:53:36 PM »
I wish I could of done more in college, but limitations (being mainly money since I was a broke student) made it difficult to go out and have fun.  Apparently my school was a commuter school so there wasn't too much campus life happening.  Also it seems like the freshmen class knew each other.  My first day in the dormitory the only person I knew was my roommate (who was hmong and from the same city as me), but it seems like everybody on the floor knew each other...they must of been locals who went to the same high schools.

My weekends were reserved for studying since I needed it to catch up because I was working during the weekdays.  However I made friends in college (mainly from work), so it was cool.

I had a similar experience as you going to a commuter university. If I could do it all over again I'd pick a school in a different state or some place far enough from home....and one with a great campus life.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »
It depends on you.

You could be lonely or you could be having the time of your life.  You need to find a balance.

Join student organizations, make a few good friends, not the wild partying type who will drop out of college after a year.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »
college is what you make of it.  it can be lonely but it can also be fun.  for me, college was great and a very good learning experience.  i would recommend people to live on campus at least one year (if possible).  you will get to see what college and campus life is really like.   ;)

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Sleipnir

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »
College was da bomb.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
true story, i hardly ever partied in high school... i was more of homebody athlete who never drank a drop of liquor... the very first house party i ever attended was in college my freshman yr... it was my friend's birthday party... word travels fast among the asian students on campus...

before i knew it, this tiny 600 sq ft apartment had pretty much all the asians on campus crammed in it or at least all the cool asians who liked to party... i was slamming beers with folks left and right... and peppermint schnapps... oh that there peppermint schnapps i'll never forget.... how it left its everlasting impression on me as it made its way back up and out through my nose...

then the cops came and broke the party up... lol. great memories... and then i some how ended up making out with a good female friend of mine who had extremely long athletic legs because she played a ton of volleyball ... lol. i could barely recall the night but the morning after she said that i had made out with her bare legs...lol. she there would become my present day wife...  ;D

I bet you have lots of other stories to tell.   ^-^

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Sleipnir

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »
true story, i hardly ever partied in high school... i was more of homebody athlete who never drank a drop of liquor... the very first house party i ever attended was in college my freshman yr... it was my friend's birthday party... word travels fast among the asian students on campus...

before i knew it, this tiny 600 sq ft apartment had pretty much all the asians on campus crammed in it or at least all the cool asians who liked to party... i was slamming beers with folks left and right... and peppermint schnapps... oh that there peppermint schnapps i'll never forget.... how it left its everlasting impression on me as it made its way back up and out through my nose...

then the cops came and broke the party up... lol. great memories... and then i some how ended up making out with a good female friend of mine who had extremely long athletic legs because she played a ton of volleyball ... lol. i could barely recall the night but the morning after she said that i had made out with her bare legs...lol. she there would become my present day wife...  ;D

Nice. I had an apt like that too.  Not just college students but local non college Hmong people came too. Lol.

So many memories.  LOL.

NorthToWest

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 12:13:49 PM »
^^^good thing I didn't join you party animals at St. Cloud State!  It would of took me 8 years to get my 4 year degree...lol

TruthAboveKnowledge

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »
Hahahah, Ramen noodles, I think I have enough of them things for the rest of my life.  Cheaper by the dozen at Sam's Club.

Laughter is cheap.  Here you go if you're bored.

unmatchable

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »
If you enjoy what you're studying and work hard in school, there's really no time for being lonely. Before you know it, the semester is over.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »
College is only lonely when you're under 21...

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements