Advertisement

Author Topic: College is lonely? anyone?  (Read 29825 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: College is lonely? anyone?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 10:54:22 PM »
Hers my advice on y'all's being depressed and sad in college ...  Yes it's fun and stuff ...  But there's more fun after college...

I never graduated from any college but...  I can tell y'all's that make sure you graduate, get a nice job..  And most importantly, if you want to still have fun, stay single after you graduate and get that nice job...  There's nothing like having money to do things...

I think a lot of the young graduates and nearing graduate kids are afraid the fun will be over after college...  Actually it's not..

There's different types of fun for different times in your lives...  It doesn't stop in college..

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

peng_yang

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
I think college is lonely. I actually went through a depression 2 years ago in Fall of 2012. Basically, I was a mechanical engineering major and there weren't a lot of Hmong guys/girls around in the program. The engineering program is pretty intense too so I never really did have time to go to the other part of campus (where many of the Hmongs were). When you're frustrated with your course work, there's nobody there who shares the same background and perspective to talk to. Almost all of my classmates are white people who are second/third/fourth generation engineers while I was the first generation (not hating but stating the obvious). Even the international students were second/third generation engineers. Because of this I felt isolated as ever because I did not know where I belong in this college life. It also brought me to the point where I actually questioned my ethnic background and whether it was worth it being Hmong or believing in the culture.

Long story short, I began researching about the Hmong culture and my parents history and have then recovered from the depression later in the Spring. Since then I appreciated being Hmong and have a sense of self-pride and appreciation.

I think college is lonely but it also was where I had the greatest times of my years.

hyaaj

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »
lol true i am alone at college, i dont have any friend and i have a hard time making friends :"( sad aint it

Sleipnir

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
lol true i am alone at college, i dont have any friend and i have a hard time making friends :"( sad aint it

Bummer...  My first year in college I was pretty shy and stayed locked up as well...  But man, like someone else posted, first house party i ever went to... there was no turning back...  I got bit by the social bug.

And once you start to know people and they know you, word tends to spread as you get pulled into the crowd at school.  That was my experience anyway.... 

"oh, you're the guy they were talking about who knows a ton about fixing and tuning cars..."

"oh, you're the guy who is taking Organic Chem..  I need help..."

"oh, you're the guy who lives in a house off campus, we need to party sometime..."

It all just comes once you hit that first domino...  just go with it, man...  Good luck and relax and have fun...  Like I always tell people...  College is 50% academically challenging, and 50% socially challenging...

hyaaj

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:47 PM »
Bummer...  My first year in college I was pretty shy and stayed locked up as well...  But man, like someone else posted, first house party i ever went to... there was no turning back...  I got bit by the social bug.

And once you start to know people and they know you, word tends to spread as you get pulled into the crowd at school.  That was my experience anyway.... 

"oh, you're the guy they were talking about who knows a ton about fixing and tuning cars..."

"oh, you're the guy who is taking Organic Chem..  I need help..."

"oh, you're the guy who lives in a house off campus, we need to party sometime..."

It all just comes once you hit that first domino...  just go with it, man...  Good luck and relax and have fun...  Like I always tell people...  College is 50% academically challenging, and 50% socially challenging...
i am no social person but i made a friend yesterday lol she need my help 4 for our exam :P lol  O0

hyaaj

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 11:37:54 PM »
Join a fraternity/sorority of you are lonely...I was the same until I joined a Fraternity and now I have plenty or sometimes too many friends...LOL
its a city college no  fraternity/sorority

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 01:51:24 PM »
Think college is fun?

Wait till you start making in the real world and you can drop money like it's nothing and go places on a whim.  YOu'll then be having fun... but I guess only if you're single.

College is fun too, what you got going for yourself is youth. 

When I was taking a class last spring semester.. I wouldn't say I was lonely... I was just upset I couldn't go out!    My friend be like "c'mon man, you don't need to study"

I'd be like "I want to go too but I have to study".

It sucked alot... test or quiz basically every week.  I was working a full time job too.  By the time I got done with work and school, I' wouldn't get home till 9... and then go to the gym too.. it'd be 11-12 before I could go to sleep and then wake up at 5 to go to work...  didn't have time to study on the weekdays... I had to wait till the weekend to study.  Sucked... The weekdays I didn't go to class, I just go to the gym and catch up on my sleep.

But I ended up with an A in that class.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
Dang, I just read some of yalls post...

Depression?!? How do you folks even get that way?

I never understood people and their "emotional problems"...

I think everyone is capable of being in control of their mental state.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 01:48:06 PM »
No it wasn't >:( it was fun and exciting, lots of activities and interactive social committees/clubs/various things to do :)

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 01:59:13 PM »
lol I know I'm still in it...even in the summer  :'(

Well then, you best join them clubs and committees and mingle O0 :D

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »
already in one. My nick TKE (Tau Kappa Epsilon) fraternity.  ;D

Oh lord... hehehe, such a minion :P

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
lol HASHTAGS!!!

Reminds me of that David so funny dude :P

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »
Your hashtags should be:

#lonelycollegeguy
#almosttherebutyetsofar
#minionsand theirissues
#minionstateofmind
 :2funny:

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »
 ;D :2funny:

idk about the first hashtag but the second one is confusing with no direction to assist.  ::) 8)

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »
It should be:

#Iaminchargeforthetimebeing (until you find a gf or wife, which ever comes first) ;D
#Iamnotacrook (Pres Nixon) :P

Advertisements