Advertisement

Author Topic: College is lonely? anyone?  (Read 11141 times)

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
  • Respect: +505
    • View Profile
Re: College is lonely? anyone?
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 01:59:13 PM »
lol I know I'm still in it...even in the summer  :'(

Well then, you best join them clubs and committees and mingle O0 :D

Like this post: 0
“Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.”

Adverstisement

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »
already in one. My nick TKE (Tau Kappa Epsilon) fraternity.  ;D

Oh lord... hehehe, such a minion :P

“Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.”

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
lol HASHTAGS!!!

Reminds me of that David so funny dude :P

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »
Your hashtags should be:

#lonelycollegeguy
#almosttherebutyetsofar
#minionsand theirissues
#minionstateofmind
 :2funny:

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »
 ;D :2funny:

idk about the first hashtag but the second one is confusing with no direction to assist.  ::) 8)

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »
It should be:

#Iaminchargeforthetimebeing (until you find a gf or wife, which ever comes first) ;D
#Iamnotacrook (Pres Nixon) :P

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2015, 04:01:02 PM »
See, men lose their freedom when they marry. Women on the other hand adapt :P they make the husband adapt to them, so I have seen :2funny: all my nyabs control what preoccupies their time as a couple ;D :D

Offline Giggles_Shyly

• Sr. Poster
  • I am myself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2015, 07:12:20 AM »
 :2funny: just laying it out like a rug so there are no surprises for you. Once you have an official gf/wife, say goodbye to freedom, ONLY if you are lucky to meet/marry an open minded woman, you can't lose that freedom ;D :D ;D :D

Offline anonymouse

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +214
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2015, 01:23:20 AM »
After my first semester of grad school.

I can simply say.

It's as lonely as you make it to be.

Grad school was not lonely at all.  I was very connected to my social work cohorts.  Not all 100+ of us were connected, but around 10-30 of us were.  Atleast 15 of us were connected both online and in person.  And the others were either only online or during class times.

We helped eachother out. studied together.  stressed through a bullshit paper and scheduling conflict together.  It was by no means lonely.  we went through the first semester together.

And it was alot easier to get through the stress this time around, not because i've been there before.  But because there were others going through the same thing so we shared eachother's pain.

That's probably what made it the easiest to go through.  Us understanding eachother's pain and us really getting that other people are in the exact position.  the line of "I know how you feel" doesn't always apply because that person knows the feeling, but not what we are going through at that moment.  And for others to experience it with us makes a huge difference.

Too tired. will update this post at another time.

Try to change the things you cannot accept.

Offline Blongforever

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »
They said college is like very lonely places...unlik e high school anymore... share your story haha!

College is "Lonely"? 

OMG...who has time to be "lonely" in college?  Even a geek finds it hard to stretch his days. 

WTF is this world coming to these days?

Amen Amen Amen

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2017, 01:59:14 AM »
There was a couple at my college who would hold hands every time they got out of their dorm. A man and a woman. At that time, gay rights weren't that powerful yet.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:18:03 AM by Reporter »

Advertisements