Advertisement

Author Topic: Royal Sarcasm  (Read 1191 times)

NkaujNom

Royal Sarcasm
« on: February 07, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »
Royal Sarcasm
Volume 1: Sarcastic Royalty

By birth right, I am born neither a peasant nor a servant. I follow in the footsteps of a few individuals within the family circle, but that is mostly it.
What and who are they? Followers, too? Or leaders, perhaps? Whatever and whoever they are, I surely watched and followed indeed.
Now bound I am and in chains, but still full of life - not necessarily youthful, I suppose...
All because I failed to intently listen then, I wandered too far off and encompassed a pathway hidden among the brush in which I curiously took.
Now, the only crown I bear is my head full of long black hair as dark as night. My limbs weaken from inactivity, almost as if this cage narrows more each day.
There are obnoxious people around me and their voices are piercing that it has actually become an annoyance.
But if I boringly gaze, they'll stop talking because they're no longer amusing me.

I miss being idle by just watching beautiful sunsets on the rooftop. I miss sword sparring and shooting range. I mostly miss my family. These are my few reminiscences.
School feels like a total disaster, I may not even get into that discussion. I've only been here for about 24 months and made a few, new,
and good friends all of whom are much older than me. Nothing mutual, only friends of whom I can share religious insights with.
One occasion, we had lunch together and they taught me how to lead lessons on teaching excerpts from the Scriptures. We'll see how that goes along.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:22:49 PM by NkaujNom »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

NkaujNom

Re: Royal Sarcasm
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »
Volume 2: Following

I've always hated to follow others, not because I thought my decisions were more superior. I just hated to be wrong.
Whenever I find someone admirable, I begin mimicking them in a way. I once heard a saying that went something like this
You are surrounded by both good and bad teachers; therefore, practice what is good from both and leave the rest.
I don't remember where or who it came from... I'm surprised with my short-term memory, I even recall a bit of the saying.

I once had a friend next door who was Christian like her family. She always religiously pursued me and whether or not
I was irritated, I never bothered showing it. I may have never even appeared interested, but I allowed her to religiously ramble.
On several occasions, she invited me to attend Revivals and Evangelizing events in which I may have only attended about 2 throughout the years.
She was ever so persistent and this one particular time, she lended the Scriptures in colored meaning for me. Every passage was highlighted
a certain color for whatever topic it pertained to whether it was faith, hope, love, or courage. It was actually pretty nice to be honest.
I had it for several months and never really bothered reading it. I didn't even keep her posted of my progress.
One reason was because I was afraid of disappointing her and another was probably not caring too much about it, I suppose.

Eventually I moved away for school and other matters. I stacked several of my favorite books and books of poetry, including the colored Scriptures my friend lend to me.
I asked a sister-in-law of mines to help notify my friend that the entire stack is hers to keep.
It's been years and I don't know whether or not she's ever came by to pick them up, but then again, I never remember to ask her.

Within about 4 years, the tide eventually turned.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements