Advertisement

Author Topic: What's for Dinner Food Collection  (Read 83800 times)

go-go

Re: What's for Dinner Food Collection
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
That's what I did too.. when I'm craving for pho but don't have the regular noodle. I used kapoon noodle as a substitue. I also like to stir fry my spaghetti with chicken, garlic, celery, tomatoe, and basil.

yes I do the whole spaghetti thing & trying them with asian dishes because my kids don't like those kapoon noodles very much. 

Thajyeeb, you are a good cook... looks delicious!

Thank you.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DeceiversChick

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
A few weeks ago I finally realize who you are Thajyeeb. lol

go-go

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »
A few weeks ago I finally realize who you are Thajyeeb. lol

funny!
because you scrolled back to previous threads?? that's what LL said too when she went through the Fashion thread...

I just go tired of my old nick so I asked Toumeng to change it.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »
funny!
because you scrolled back to previous threads?? that's what LL said too when she went through the Fashion thread...

I just go tired of my old nick so I asked Toumeng to change it.
Yea I actually did. I was browsing the sticky makeup thread for some of my photo's and noticed your name changed.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »
My guy can make tum yum!

Whatever-is-in-the-fridge Noodle

Part of my diet

Pre-wedding food, it was a feast for the night my brother took home his wife.

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

go-go

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
Ohh darn u!!  I'm on a pepper diet and that pepper looks absolutely DELISIOSO!!!!!  *must not think about pepper, must not think about peppers*
We do the whatever-is-in-the-fridge noodle too...  :2funny:  I think those are the best dishes!
Thanks for sharing your food...

August Night

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »
Why are u on a pepper diet? 
Yep, towards the end of the week... it's leftover clean up and whatever-is-in-the-fridge noodle stir fry.  lol

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
Ohh darn u!!  I'm on a pepper diet and that pepper looks absolutely DELISIOSO!!!!!  *must not think about pepper, must not think about peppers*
We do the whatever-is-in-the-fridge noodle too...  :2funny:  I think those are the best dishes!
Thanks for sharing your food...

Why are you on a pepper diet?

Yeah, stir-frying whatever you have in the fridge isn't bad.  :2funny:

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
tijlaug, I love korean noodles! And your steaks are so mouth watering!

go-go

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2012, 02:24:01 PM »
Oh look at that. someone stickied this thread...

I'm on a pepper diet because my stomach cannot take anymore of it.  I guess old age is catching up to me.  Everytime I eat pepper, I do not just dip for a taste of it, I get globs of it, by the spoonful, by the plateful.  (Just thinking about it is making my mouth water....) So, hubby has banned me from pepper and I'm trying to listen to him because it's so painful when I don't.  I know it's only for the good of it, but oh man oh man, How I Miss U, hot chili pepper with cilantro and onions and nampa and lime juice and that delicious hot spicy kick at the back of the mouth...  :-\

HPA, I love the look at those deviled eggs! what's in the sauce?

go-go

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »
Dig in  :D

that looks delish!! 

LadyLionness

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2012, 04:31:09 PM »
Can you ladies go back and EDIT your posts to include the recipes?  Thanks!  Even a guestimated recipe would be helpful.

go-go

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
I've never been a fan of sushi, but everyone in my family is...so I've decided to look into it and tackle it for their sake.  And mine, since I'm pretty curious by this time, after having tried it a few times.  I looked in how to make sushi rice (thanks to various food blogs and youtube clips).  It dawned on me that I didn't have Japanese short grain rice, so I used regular Jasmine long grain rice instead.  After having rolled some sushi rolls, I can understand why the short grain rice is the better choice.  If you've cooked with short grain rice and long grain rice, then you'll know the difference and for sushi rolls, it's definitely the short grain rice.  The longer rice cooks up firm with each grain well individually separated, so it's not as sticky as the shorter grain rice, which cooks up plump and sticky so it's easier to clump them in the roll.  The next time you eat a sushi roll, take a good look at the rice upclose while you are holding it in your hand.  (I did.  I always examined the food that I'm going to eat. lol) Notice how the rice is perfectly shaped, not squashed or smashed?  With the long grain rice, because it's not as sticky as the short grain rice, I had to smash them together for them to stick together, so most of the rice was flatten.  Plus, because they don't stick, they kept falling apart in my hands, and in the roll as you eat.   Also, I didn't have "sushi vinegar", so I decided to go to the grocery store (Winco's) to see if any of the popular Asian brands carried them and wouldn't ya know it - KiKKoman had a vinegar that can be used for "sushi, rice and salads", so I bought a bottle.  The smell of the strong acidic vinegar is very foul when you first add it to the rice, and your nose will crinkled up in distaste as you're mixing it, but don't worry, the strong acidic vinegar smell well phase off and you won't even notice it in the rice when it's rolled up with the other ingredients.

This was my first attempt at making sushi and this (below) was my 4th roll. Not bad, if I should say so myself.  Not bad at all.   ;D

We ate them the minute I had them sliced so this is what I managed to saved for the picture.

Like I've mentioned, I don't particularly care for sushi (esp if it's raw), but the California roll is a safe bet for me, so that's what I made.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:37:55 PM by thajyeeb »

go-go

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 04:39:11 PM »
Can you ladies go back and EDIT your posts to include the recipes?  Thanks!  Even a guestimated recipe would be helpful.

I'm sorry, I won't include a recipe with mine unless asked because it's just a waste of time when no one cares for it.  LOL 

go-go

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
I should ask...which one do you want it for?? maybe that will narrow it down, and if it's one of mine, I'll be glad to post the recipe.

Advertisements