Advertisement

Author Topic: What's for Dinner Food Collection  (Read 84482 times)

Super User

Re: Dinner Pics
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »
yummy...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ice

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »
Yummieee!

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
If you ever come to town then shoot me an email.  I'll take you to this place.  It's the best place to eat Thai food. As for not inviting you.  I was still trying this place out, don't want my sweet tear to get food poisoning. :D :D ;) O0

go-go

Re: What's for Dinner Food Collection
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
aw, man! I knew i shouldn't have clicked on this thread..... i'm so hungry now. lol.

yup this thread will make you hungry!  lol

We've been eating light these days... frankly because it's just too hot or too windy to be cooking full meals.  When it's hot, it gets scorching dry, hot heat and very little air movement.  When it's windy, a "mild" day could see up to 20 mph wind...with wind gusts anywhere from 45-50 mph. 

grilled salmon and veggies with salad

go-go

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »
WOW.

I haven't had red meat in a lonnnnng time (on a red meat diet here!) and that prime rib sure looks so damn DELISIOSO!!!   :tongue8:

*slaps self twice*

There.

go-go

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
Last night's dinner ....... chicken w/noodles and romaine lettuce cups (and strawberry lemonade)

Such an easy dish to make and so light and low-calorie too.

Here's what you need:
hearts of romaine lettuce, wiped clean
2 small bunch clear noodles (vermicelli), soften & drained
2 pounds, ground chicken (or turkey)
2 cloves garlic, coarsley minced
1 small piece of ginger, coarsley minced
1 bell pepper, diced (yellow, red or green)
1 red onion, diced
sesame oil (or peanut oil or chili oil)
salt & black pepper
soy sauce (or oyster sauce or teriyaki)
cilantro, green onion, parsely - coarsely chopped
crushed peanuts (or walnuts or pecans)

1. heat oil in a pan or wok, add garlic and ginger
2. add chicken, season with salt and black pepper and soy sauce (oyster sauce or teriyaki)
3. add bell pepper and red onion. cook until they soften. 2-3 mins.
4. turn off heat.  Add in noodles, cilantro, green onion and parsley. Toss.
5. serve on a plate and top with peanuts (or walnuts or pecans)

Tips:
To make firm but soft noodles, soak in hot boiling water for 5 minutes.  Then drain and rinse with cold water and let it drain in a colander until you need it.  Cut until the noodles fall easily through your fingers.  2 small bunch is really all you will need. Anymore will be too much noodles and will make the dish too dry (unless you increase the amount of other ingredients)

To make it spicy: use chili oil and add in chopped jalenpenos (do not remove the seeds) and sirriacha sauce.  I made this non-spicey and had a pepper plate on the side for myself.

To make it sweet:  use sesame oil and teriyaki sauce or oyster sauce. use candied pecans (Trader Joe's) for that added sweetness.

You can toast the peanuts, walnuts or pecans for a more nutty taste. Just put them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven for 10 min @ 400 degree. 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:25:36 AM by thajyeeb »

D`Explora

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2012, 04:18:49 AM »
here are a few of mine to share...
i'm all for simple foods prepared well!  O0

Like this post: +1

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
This food thread is making me so hungry and good to know we have some good cook like Thaiyeeb and LeLe in here.  I just don't have a sweet tooth but all those dessert and baking foods is good to look at and know it is very nicely done.

I like chicken salad but need to learn how to make it. 

jetter

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2012, 06:41:08 PM »
3rd attempt at making fries following Heston instruction.  Not perfect but getting there, 4th or 5th should achieve what I am after; will be good for dinner here and there.

D`Explora

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
khaopiak from scratch..! the perfect gloomy day remedy.

D`Explora

« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2012, 04:15:58 PM »
3rd attempt at making fries following Heston instruction.  Not perfect but getting there, 4th or 5th should achieve what I am after; will be good for dinner here and there.

...nice! can't believe i watched the entire vid; something i'd def try too. simple foods prepared well - crunch, crunch, crunch. might have to try this method with sweet potatoes for thanksgiving.  O0

D`Explora

« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »
my favorite!  O0

Like this post: +2

D`Explora

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
DExplora-
What is your secret for making such perfect rolls!  :D Do you use a pan or do you steam?

I have to confess and say of all the foods I cook (and I cook a lot), I can never get my steamed rolls to come out looking like that.  :(

i use a pan... and cover it to steam it. but really, i think it's all in how you roll it!  O0  thank you, though.

http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com/2012/11/banh-cuon-fawm-kauv-recipe.html

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:06:32 PM by D`Explora »

D`Explora

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »
I do it the same way. LOL

Maybe it's just my technique. I don't know. I've never been able to perfect my steamed rolls. I use the same flour mixture too.  :-\

Thanks for sharing your blog! :)

i use 5 1/2 cups of water with the mixture and about a teaspoon of vegetable oil. like i said, i think it's all in how you roll it. even when the wrap comes out all distorted and clumped up, i can still salvage it by how i fold the last half. haha.

i've made it with friends before where their technique is so sloppy and inconsistent, i find myself cringing on the inside. lols. but either way, it all goes down the same! haha.

D`Explora

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »
You stated on the blog that you use 1 additional cup of water than what the package calls for. I think this makes total sense now. I will have to try this. I always follow the package instruction and I do add a little oil into my flour mixture, however my rolls are always on the "thick" side.

I'm excited to test this! Thank you!!!!

...before i discovered thinning it out with an additional cup of water, mine were always thicker than i'd liked too. and since then, i ALWAYS add 1 more cup than what the package calls for. it hasn't disappointed me yet. and depending on the brand, i've also found adding additional tapioca starch works wonders too. although, i wouldn't for this particular package.

not to mention, the amount of mixture you ladle into the pan plays a substantial role in the thickness of the wrapper too. i like to keep it at a bare minimum since i prefer my rice flour wrapper thin and transparent where it literally hugs the meat filling as i assemble it.

and i also like to spread out my filling, rather than line it all together as i would an eggroll. i find this prevents it from falling out once the first bite is taken as you dip it in the sauce and creates a more even distribution for balance.

O0

Advertisements