Advertisement

Author Topic: Gear discussion  (Read 2216 times)

Finest

Gear discussion
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »
What is everyone rocking for gear?  Helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, etc.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Silver-Arrowz

Re: Gear discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »
I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo Air and love them.

I want to get a pair of those pumas in white/red. Also the Knox Handroid gloves look real geeky but I'd like a pair. My A* GP Plus gloves are just starting to show signs of wear now after just over a year. I'm pretty happy considering I use them quite a bit.

Silver-Arrowz

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »
Yep that's them! The Sidi in white though. Seriously you guys get gear SO much cheaper over there. I ordered the Sidi and paid $300 (inc. o/s shipping). Buy it locally and you're paying $500-$550! And that's with the US dollar on par with the australian dollar at the moment!

Only complaint I have are the zippers. When I put on the one piece suit and have to tuck in the legs it becomes really tight and the zippers break. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong?!?!

2Wicked

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »

i'd buy a suit and those boots if i was out on long trips or do some serious riding on the streets or at the track.

although it's not a bad thing for more protection when ever you ride.

kidmoua

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:07:59 AM »
I wear full 1 piece suit(A*), racing boots(Sidi), gaunlet gloves(A*) and full face lid whenever I hit the twisties or long rides. If it's just going to work and back or just a little cruise, it'll just be a jean, boots that covers the ankle, gloves, riding jacket and helmet. I like my skin just the way it is :)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:10:45 AM by kidmoua »

Finest

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »
I'm not looking for a one-piece suit just yet.   :P

But looking more for daily riding gear.  Jacket, helmet, gloves, and shoes/boots. 

As for jackets, leather or textile?  I'll wait til after I get my bike to get something matches, or just stick with a base color like black or white.  Same with the helmet, no crazy designs yet.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
In regards to helmet safety and protection, as long as it's DOT and Snell approved, the price tag won't matter much. Here's a recent list of helmet safety rating (Bell is not an expensive brand  per se but has quite of bit of 5 star helmets):

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/sharp-helmet-rating-system.htm

Finest

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »
Picked up a jacket for now, and some gloves.  This is just my first set that should get me through my practice time on a bike.  I've decided that I won't ride on hwys until I'm fully ready and geared up, so I'll just stick to side streets for now.

Firstgear Rush Mesh textile jacket, with CE-rated armor in elbows and shoulders and EVA foam back pad
Cortech leather gloves

Next purchase:  THE BIKE!   >:D

Advertisements