Advertisement

Author Topic: laptop infected  (Read 4480 times)

Suav

Re: laptop infected
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »
no one likes combofix?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

valleygirl

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 12:17:56 PM »
no one likes combofix?

I was reading about combofix and how it works. The websites make it sound like it's a powerful tool; amateurs shouldn't try it. I am afraid of trying it. However, I will take yours and Outside thebox's suggestions and try it this weekend.  Thanks again :)

michaelvang85

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
even amateurs can learn! just lookup combofix tutorials on youtube. :)

valleygirl

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »
I finally downloaded combofix and let it do it's thing over the weekend. So far so good. Everything seems to be working again and I didn't loose anything either. I just need to put in anti-virus protection.

Thank you!!! :)

Suav

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
welcome :)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »
I was always able to fixed my computer back whenever I have problem but just last week I had this malware spyware popping on my screen that I can't go online, open any files, etc.  I tried everything from setting it safe mode but still didn't solved the problem at all.  I was without internet for a few day until today somehow that blue screen with a red lettering stating a Warning didn't pop up so I was able to keep fussing around with the computer to tried to get it back to system restore to an earlier point and was able to do it otherwise with that big blue screen nothing can be done at all.  After system restore to an earlier point I installed a McAfee antivirus program on........... The only problem I still need to fixed is that I can go online but every time I type in search engine........ . I can't go directly to those link for information when I click because I would just get some stupid pop up all the time.  Now, I'm trying to either get a new internet program server installed or make some change but don't know which is best.

Another thing....... I couldn't lived without internet so I want the problem to be solved.  Somehow, I went to Staples to get some information.  It was going to cost me $70 for them to diagnois the problem and then to removed the virus was $200.  I was like that is almost $300 and not worth my money when I can just get another pc.  I was able to get a little information to correct the problem on my neighbor computer but was just scared of trusting which program of malware is best to solved the program.  The manager at Staples that does the computer repair when i show him a picture of what I took of how the screen look like on my computer...... ......he was like I've never seen such thing......... 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:46:26 PM by SummerBerry »

Advertisements