Advertisement

Author Topic: romance novel  (Read 9560 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
romance novel
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
recommend me some good author(s) from this genre..

thank you.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

xoniuqe

Re: romance novel
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »
Any kind of romance... contemporary, historical, erotica?  :)

I used to dig Julie Garwood, Jude Deveraux and Judith McNaught.

Then there's your suspense/romance Kay Hooper (love her psychic series), Iris Johansen, Lisa Jackson, Heather Graham, Elizabeth Lowell, Karen Rose, Lora Leigh (pretty erotic sex scenes, lol)...

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:45:29 PM by xoniuqe »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »
Hmmm historical & sci-fi/fantasy..to another place, another time..those sort of things.. 

Recommendation s would be most helpful as I'm hoping to check out the local library this weekend.. ;)

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
i love julie garwood. My favorite all time book by her is The Bride

"Appreciation and self love are the most important tools that you could even nuture." ~Abraham Hicks~

LadyThao

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
sherrilyn kenyon writes a pretty awesome sci-fi series. It's called, "the league". You can check it out here:

http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/series.php?id=10

she writes historical ones too but hers is more towards the Medieval Times.

another good historical writer is Julia Quinn.

xoniuqe

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 08:36:39 PM »
There's Jayne Ann Krentz aka Amanda Quick. I think as Amanda Quick, she writes more historical romance.

I love reading time-travel stuff, especially when the ladies go back in time.  :D Lynn Kurland, love love Tess Mallory...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »
I've read literary works from Stephanie Lauren, I like.  Hmm, Amanda Quick, try hers before...long time ago.  What are some of your favorites all time romance novels?  Maybe I could start w/ those...

Need to getaway to far far away land... ;D ;D ;D

Reload Wife

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
sherrilyn kenyon writes a pretty awesome sci-fi series. It's called, "the league". You can check it out here:

http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/series.php?id=10

she writes historical ones too but hers is more towards the Medieval Times.

another good historical writer is Julia Quinn.

I like her dark hunter series.

barkerbass

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
For historicals, I like Lynsay Sands and Hannah Howell, but Hannah Howell likes to use the "hero has a secret love child with an evil woman/random woman that no one knows about until the hero is about to proclaim his love to the heroine.  oh no, however shall the couple overcome this?!?!" twist.  Johanna Lindsey is also another good one for historicals.  All her recent ones have been part of the "Mallory" series, but she kind of likes to use the secret love child card too except that the hero or heroine is usually the secret love child.  Lyndsay Sands also writes a paranormal/vampire series that started off pretty good, but now is kind of boring.   :(  I also like Jude Deveraux's old stuff.  Her new stuff hasn't really done much for me.

Amanda Quick's historicals are pretty good too, but all the recent stuff is focused on the Arcane Society, so they've become paranormal historicals.  She writes contemporary romances as Jayne Ann Krentz, and futuristic (special abilities, on different planets) romances as Jayne Castle.  The Arcane Society series is published under all 3 names.

My current obsessions are the "Immortal after dark" series by Kresley Cole and "Lords of the Underworld" series by Gena Showalter.  They're both paranormal (witches, vampires, demons, etc.)

And of course, there's always Nora Roberts.  She always has a huge section of the bookstore/library to herself.  ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »

sprite

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:20 AM »
Try Shannon Hale's "Austenland" before the movie comes out. Great read for anybody who likes Jane Austen.

Here is a fan's plot summary:

"Jane is thirty-two, single, a graphic designer in New York City, and has been numbering her exboyfriends, all the way from one to thirteen. Oh, and let’s not forget, she hides her BBC DVD’s of Pride and Prejudice, fearing that people will find out about her ongoing obsession with Mr. Darcy played by Colin Firth. Jane’s late Aunt wills to Jane a vacation like none other. For three weeks she will be transported back in time at Pembrook Park in Kent, England. She trades in her jeans, t-shirt, bra and panties for an empire wasted dress (I do admit, I love these clothes!), corset, and grannie style underwear. Will she find true love? Will she find her Mr. Darcy?"

Jubi

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 05:05:35 AM »
Oh dang you gals listed a lot of authors I use to read! Especially Jude Deveraux, Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood. I read a lot of romance novels in my late teens/early 20s. It was my escape.  ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »
Check out Danielle Steele's books or Nora Roberts'. They are great for young to middle-aged people to read for leisure.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

I_am_She

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »
I read the whole series.

http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Blades-Rose-Zoe-Archer/dp/1420106791.

Other books I like:

The Raven Prince http://www.amazon.com/Raven-Prince-Elizabeth-Hoyt/dp/0446618470/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302233894&sr=1-1
Loki's Daughters http://www.amazon.com/Lokis-Daughters-ebook/dp/B0033WSKA4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302233966&sr=1-1
A Kiss at Midnight http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-at-Midnight-Eloisa-James/dp/0061626848/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302234009&sr=1-1
Homespun Bride http://www.amazon.com/Homespun-Bride-McKaslin-Clan-Historical/dp/0373827822/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302234080&sr=1-1  (if you have a kindle and or a smart phone, you can download the kindle app and download all the free books. This one is free.)

I love romance books and now that I have a kindle, I can read them at work without the embarrassing book covers  :)

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 01:49:08 AM »
Julia Quinn. Julia Quinn. Julia Quinn.

I love her Bridgerton series. I want myself a Colin!  O0 ;D

I also like: Lisa K, Julie Garwood, Amanda Quick & Mary Balogh. They're all wonderful too.  :)

Advertisements