Advertisement

Author Topic: Sweet Minion  (Read 34630 times)

WindComeWindBlow

Sweet Minion
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »
Thursday, March 24th, 2011:

Meeting the PH ladies for dinner.  So hungry.

Came across this in my calendar.
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned that the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."  -Phillippians 4: 12-13

Brother sent me pics of Tony, our new addition to the family.  My mom and dad have decided to adopt a child from Laos.  He's 3, scrawnny and so little.  Hopefully he'll be around 5-6 when he arrives.  Very excited!

Praise God!  Overly excited that things worked out well today.  Relieved and will be celebrating.

-It is kindness in a person, not beauty, which wins our love.  Anonymous.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:14:01 AM by Minion1 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

WindComeWindBlow

Re: Daily jibberish.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:07:30 PM »
Friday, March 25th, 2011

Dreamed of him last night.  Memories are sweet.  

-Be brave.  Be strong.  Don't give up.  Expect God to get here soon.  Psalm 31:24

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:57:33 PM by Wind »

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »
Saturday, March 26th, 2011

My sister suggested I check her out on XFactor.  My new favorite celebrity.  She is incredible.  

Watched "Burlesque" with Christina Aguilera.  She was very pretty in it.  If only she kept up with that look in real life, she'd be totally breath taking.  Anyway, I still love her voice.

-A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man neesd to seek Him in order to find her.  Anonymous.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:58:14 PM by Wind »

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
Sunday, March 27th, 2011

Another one of my favorites.

-Lunch with Pookie.  

-Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:34

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:59:05 PM by Wind »

WindComeWindBlow

Re: Notes
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 02:45:43 PM »
4/4/2011

It's officially over.  

-Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him.  And He shall direct your paths.  Proverbs 3:5-6

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:00:32 PM by Wind »

WindComeWindBlow

Re: Notes
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:40:50 AM »
4/11/2011

Just started on this wonderful series.

-For He will give His angels charge of you, to guard you in all your ways.  Psalms 91:11

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:42:54 AM by Wind »

WindComeWindBlow

Re: Free like the wind
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »
4/12/2011

Live your life in such a way that makes them curious to know WHY you are different from the rest of the world... and when they ask you... tell them... then if they want the same thing you have... they will go to church to find out for themselves... once they find the truth... they will accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior...

It's not a sin... one of the most important commandment from God to wives is... respect your husband as your head... whether he is a believer or not... if he say you can't go to church... that's ok... God understands.  You are demonstrating that you are a true Christian by honoring your husband's wishes.  The one thing that God wants the most from us... is the knowledge that HE ALONE is our source... the one person that we go to when we are troubled and worried ... or need help.  If you are ever sick or worried about the future... don't request your husband to "UA NEEJ" or "FIV YEEM" but come to God and ask for his help.

Another thing, don't hesitate to teach your children about God.  In my early years, my mom raised us in a traditional religious home, but she had always talked to us about God... so we knew who he was... later on in life... when we were asked if we wanted to accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, he wasn't someone foreign... and strange.  Fast forward 30 years later... the change in my mom, after she has read through the entire Bible... inspired me to read the entire Bible.

There are alot of really good Bibles out there now... You can learn so much on your own.  I would recommend the New Century Version , edited by Max Lucado... the Devotional one... It really draws you near to God.  Another good resource is the Life Applications Bibles... they come in many translations.. . there are scriptures on top... and then each verse or almost each is explained on the bottom half.   I just bought my husband an New International Version Life Application Bible that I really like... I am planning to read that one for my third round with the Bible... after I finish reading my current one... which is The Leadership Bible edited by John Maxwell.

Passerby... if you TRULY believe... then yes..

Jammed...

Being a Christian is like being adopted and is not like it...

It's like being adopted... if the parents have no kids of their own... have been wanting a child for a really long time... and even after the adoption, are not able to have kids of their own.  Like my sis... she could not have a kids, they have been married for over 10 years.  They have finally adopted a little boy... and he has ADHD... before he was diagnosed and put on medicine, he was a little terror.  When they leave him with sitters, he would hit, spit and swear at the sitters... furthermore, he would hit, bite, and kicked other children he is around... to the point of drawing blood... but my sis loves him so much, she would get mad at the sitters if they report to her that they were having problems with him... and for the kids that he hit, bit, and kicked... she would say that it was because they were "raum raum" and her kid was a lot smarter... and that's why he did that to the kids... so he could do no wrong and those around her kid could do no right....

It is not like being adopted... b/c human parents always have expectations.. . even from our own kids... those that are of our blood.  And even though we may love them all the same... it does appear like we love the ones who are more well behaved.

Being a Christian is different.  The difference is that God already knows exactly who you are... with your warts and everything... and he still loves you... unconditionall y... he even loves you before you have ever accepted him... Jesus died for our sins even way before we were ever conceived or born... his love was so great, that he died for us ... even before he knew how we would turn out... whether we would become the Mother Teresa's of the world or the Hitler's of the world... he died 2000 years ago for us... and for all future generations... the only thing is...

do you accept Him?

If the answer is a resounding YEEESSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSS.... then you are his forever more... and nothing on earth or in heaven can take you away from Him.

You may still slide back.. and fall into temptations and live with sins... but he would love you no less.  The only difference is that in your shame, you will not feel very comfortable going to him... and in doing so... you will lose a close personal relationship with him... but you will never lose your salvation.

Now, there are people who went through the motions of confessing and baptism, but didn't really believe it in their hearts... it is all for naught... because God looks to the heart of a person... that's why it is so hard for us as humans to look at a person and determine if he is truly a Christian or not.  Only God can see into a person's heart and will know who truly believes in him and who doesn't.

Jammed, this is a loaded question… one that could open doors for me to offend some people… but here is what I will say…

Yes, there are many religions out there, and they all teach similar philosophies, and differs in many core beliefs.  Believe it or not, I have always been interested in different religions, and have done some self-studies on them.  The one thing that I have found in my journey is that they are all about a sense of spirituality… they all teach that there is another realm beyond our physical one… the one that we can touch, feel, and see.   Most of all, they all exist to provide us with hope… hope of the future… hope of something better after death.

The biggest that I have found is that in Christianity, our God is alive.  He is real and most important of all, he is not just there for us after death… but he is for us right now, each and every day of our lives. 

The second biggest difference is that each and everyone of us, who have accepted that Jesus Christ died on the cross for us, we can go to God directly… and laid our worries and problems before him… and once we do that, we are overcome with a sense of peace because we know and trust that he will take care of them.  He will resolve them in such a way that is even better than the scenarios that we have envisioned in our minds… for our resources are limited… as well as our brain capacity… but He has unlimited resources for everything is his… and he is the creator of all things… including our scientific ideas and inclinations… so he can and he will help us… from the biggest thing to the smallest thing. 

With other religions, the entity that they pray to or worship is not alive, is not currently active in their daily lives… and often times, they can not approach that entity personally, they must go through someone who has been trained specifically for that purpose.

'so kuv noog tias...even though mus church..muaj kev hlub thiab kev sib pab heev li..and vajtswv yeej hlub yus..yeej hlub sawvdaws mas..

but nws puas muaj ib yam abtsi qhia tias..."koj yuav tsum ua kiag li no mas koj thiaj yog kuv ib tug menyuam tiag tiag lawm"?'

I will assume that when you say, “mus church,” you are referring to someone who has accepted Jesus as the Lord and Savior and has been baptized already.  If this is the case, then the answer is NO.  To be a child of God, that is all that you have to do. 

I will throw in something a little extra….

Now, there are scriptures that teach that if you had truly accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you would want to strive to be more like him.  Truthfully, that is a slow and life-long process.  Although some people seem to think that it is an instantaneous event as soon as you are baptized.  It’s not.  I have read in the Bible and heard people talk about that you will know a true believer by their fruits; however, life experience have taught me that some people are good reader/ listeners… and they can pretend to bear the fruits of the Spirit, but it is only an outward display that does not come from their hearts.  So really, only God can judge who is a true believer and who is not.

'kuv noog li no..vim kuv paub tias...some druggy uas nyob tom qab choj xwb los..thaum nws tag kev lawm and tsa suab hu vajtswv...vajt swv yeej hlub thiab yeej pab...llol'

As for the druggy under the bridge… if and when he truly called out to God to save him… from the bottom of his heart, and pray the prayer of salvation, then yes, God does accept him and help him.  And it would be a long struggle for him to overcome his drug habit, but when he has truly learned to let go of his problems and lay them at God’s feet, the Holy Spirit will guide him and strengthen him… and in time, he will overcome his drug habit and will turn his life around.

I just want to add that when you go to the hospital, it is because you are sick.  And when you get there, you will be lying down next to other people who are sick.  I have never heard of a person who is fully healthy and wants to be checked into the hospital.  Furthermore, the hospital would not even admit him to be checked into the hospital.  So, in conclusion, all the people who have been admitted to the hospital are all sick people who needs the care of a physician and his team. 

It is the same for Christians.  We go to church because we know we are sinners, saved by the Grace of God, through the blood of Jesus Christ only.  We also know that our fellow church members are struggling with their own sins.  If they or we were perfect, we would not need God and we would not need to go to church… so have some compassion and understanding for your fellow Christians… and continue to love them and pray for them when they fall.

-Trust in God, not in men.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:00:23 AM by Wind »

yajmafia

Re: ...
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »
Sorry to but in your journal.. but I like it.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 11:00:51 AM »
Thank you, Yajmafia.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 01:07:54 AM »
4/13/2011

Don't fall in love... it's a mind game that women ALWAYS lose... because men don't FALL IN LOVE... they only fall in LUST.

Heard this song on Sunday:

Chorus:  Lead me with strong hands,
              Stand up when I can't. 
              Don't leave me hungry for love, chasing dreams. 
              What about us? 
              Show me you're willing to fight,
              That I'm still the love of your life. 
              I know we call this our home but I still feel alone. 

So Father give me strength to be everything I'm called to be,
Oh Father show me the way so lead me,
Won't you lead me,
To lead them with strong hands, stand up when they can't.
Don't ever leave them hungry for love, chasing dreams.
That I could give them. 
I'll show them I'm willing to fight, and give them the best of my life.
So we can call this our home.
Lead me cause' I can't do this alone.
Father, lead me cause I can't do this alone.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:22:05 AM by Wind »

LELIA

Re: Lead me with strong hands
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 07:41:08 AM »
Sanctus Real...one of my faves too.   O0

"...in picture frames,
I see my beautiful wife,
Always smiling..."
Great stuff, Cua. Thanks for your expression of faith.  ;)

:'( :'(

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 08:34:38 AM »
Sanctus Real...one of my faves too.   O0

"...in picture frames,
I see my beautiful wife,
Always smiling..."

Great stuff, Cua. Thanks for your expression of faith.  ;)

Great to know you're a fan too.   O0 ;) This is a great song for husbands. 

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
Hey dear, how are you? I enjoy your journal.

Be well.

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:27 AM »
Hey dear, how are you? I enjoy your journal.

Be well.

I am well.  How are you?

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 09:44:30 AM »
4/18/2011

Another hit song:

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.