Advertisement

Author Topic: Why do you think God has a "chosen people"? It's more logical than you think...  (Read 106 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
....very, very rational, in fact.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
Yeah the chosen people worshipped Baal instead of him in the book of Torah (the old testament)

Numbers 25:1-4
While the Israelites were camped at Acacia, some of the men had sex with Moabite women. 2 These women then invited the men to ceremonies where sacrifices were offered to their gods. The men ate the meat from the sacrifices and worshiped the Moabite gods.

3 The Lord was angry with Israel because they had worshiped the god Baal Peor. 4 So he said to Moses, “Take the Israelite leaders who are responsible for this and have them killed in front of my sacred tent where everyone can see. Maybe then I will stop being angry with the Israelites.”

When God replaced Jeroboam with king Solomon, Jeroboam did not worship the most high instead worship other gods.

1 Kings 12:26-33
One day, Jeroboam started thinking, “Everyone in Israel still goes to the temple in Jerusalem to offer sacrifices to the Lord. What if they become loyal to David's family again? They will kill me and accept Rehoboam as their king.”

28  Jeroboam asked for advice and then made two gold statues of calves. He showed them to the people and said, “Listen everyone! You won't have to go to Jerusalem to worship anymore. Here are your gods who rescued you from Egypt.” 29 Then he put one of the gold calves in the town of Bethel and the other in the town of Dan. 30 The people sinned because they started going to these places to worship.

31 Jeroboam built small places of worship at the shrinesmand appointed men who were not from the tribe of Levi to serve as priests. 32-33  He also decided to start a new festival for the Israelites on the fifteenth day of the eighth month, just like the one in Judah. On that day, Jeroboam went to Bethel and offered sacrifices on the altar to the gold calf he had put there. Then he assigned the priests their duties.

God's chosen, my butt.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5of1pKNbmb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6EgIyOOldp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
which god???
i thought zeus chose the greek as his chosen people

;D ;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
Pobzeb acting stupid all the sudden. So much for sticking to the OP. His hypocrisy is showing.  ;D ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
Truth is not everyone is born equal. We all just go equal. Ha ha

No, tell us why.

Advertisements