Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong culture or Church culture when you Die? Question  (Read 5663 times)

unauthorized

Hmong culture or Church culture when you Die? Question
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »
Ok, I have been in here bullshi.tting 95% of the time when I reply to all thread (Except to Jubi's threads that I think she seems cute whe she is mad answering my replies to her despite smiting me like the world is going to end tomorrw) This time I need some real thoughts and inputs on what you would do if you were in my shoes. This is about religious belief so I figure I let my BEST FRIENDS AND FELLOW PEBHMONG and my #1 ex lover/hater JUBI give some suggestions. So here we go.

Right now I have not yet decided if I wanted to church or the hmong uaj neej stuff way. I still attend and help out both sides no matter hmong culture or the church way. I like having open options no matter which way I go. But most don't give you that option to help one or the other which is where I am stuck at.I have come to a point now that my family wants me to pick a way and see what I would go with. (Side note story with my parents). When they both passed away since I was young did not know crap about anything  and they were 50\50 with the hmong uaj neej people and the church no one wanted to help because they did not attend church every sunday and they were assumed MIA even with their name in the church. I know, just like anyone else if you don't attend that long you are in even in my books not considered a member and totally agree.

Being that they believed in half and half no one on the church or hmong culture wanted to help when they passed away. I guess they need someone to send their souls to the next world or something either church or hmong way. Not sure why it was so hard and a huge matter. Again, I will let this for the more understandable pebhmong folks to explain to me since I have no Idea.

What route wouild you take. I know that the church way is more easier these days and I seem to be heading that way. Just wanted to see what the smart people of pebhmong would do if they were in my shoe?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:37:21 AM by unauthorized »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

hmongperson

Re: Hmong culture or Church culture when you Die? Question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:34:05 AM »
When both die they go to the same place, the cemetary. Who really knows if there truly is a heaven, or a hell. Who knows if your soul, if you have one, goes anywhere. If they did go somewhere, I'm guessing they went somewhere very nice. Otherwise, they would've all returned. Who wants to stay in a place that sucks right? Some one should volunteer to die, and then come back and tell us how it went.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:48:37 AM »
Neither. I want to donate as many of my good organs then donate the rest of my body to medical science.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:01:05 AM »
Our beliefs some times get us to where we want to be. So, if you are Christian and believe that you have a spirit that will either end up in Heaven or Hell depending on your behaviors on Earth, then you'll go one place or another upon shedding off this earthly flesh. If you are Hmong and believe that you have a spirit that will return to a spiritual world somewhere, your spirit may end up doing that when the proper Hmong funeral rites are done.

Now, if you don't believe you have a spirit at all, then what's there to worry about other than finding a grave for the flesh?

I'm not sure what I would prefer. I'll just behave while here.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

unauthorized

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 02:03:45 AM »
Neither. I want to donate as many of my good organs then donate the rest of my body to medical science.

Yes, that sounds easy but how would your relatives, family, wife's relative's take it. Obviously it won't be that easy. Yes, you would say to just do that to you but how would your parent's and others handle the decision that you have made. I would do the same if it was that easy and just up to me. But you know how the parents and other relatives are in trying to give a good burial or have some sort of goodbye reception for you.

Though I agree with you to make things easier. I will post what my thoughts are also at the end once I get more replies and people's thoughts.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:16:12 AM by unauthorized »

unauthorized

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:13:59 AM »
Reporter, I understand where your coming from how you live your life will be decided when you die. But I was asking about all the other things that your parent's, realatives, etc.. have to do
during the funeral for the passing of a loved one. More about the how to process when your loved one have passed. Not sure if you understand me but you know how there is a funeral
and there are people there to ring bells and do other stuff if you are into shaman. If your into Church it's a whole different way. That was what I was asking about.

For some reason If you were undecided and is 50/50 both ways like my parent's no one wanted to help in sending the souls I guess or something. That was what I was really asking. When one dies, like you said depending on how they live they will go to the correct place.
But, my quesitons was geared more towards how the parents, relatives or family will do for the funeral.
Reo

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:30:24 AM »
I might have misunderstood the question.

Reporter, I understand where your coming from how you live your life will be decided when you die. But I was asking about all the other things that your parent's, realatives, etc.. have to do
during the funeral for the passing of a loved one. More about the how to process when your loved one have passed. Not sure if you understand me but you know how there is a funeral
and there are people there to ring bells and do other stuff if you are into shaman. If your into Church it's a whole different way. That was what I was asking about.

For some reason If you were undecided and is 50/50 both ways like my parent's no one wanted to help in sending the souls I guess or something. That was what I was really asking. When one dies, like you said depending on how they live they will go to the correct place.
But, my quesitons was geared more towards how the parents, relatives or family will do for the funeral.
Reo

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 02:30:51 AM »
Talk to your local spiritual leaders of both.  After speaking with them if you don't know then you are very likely to be an atheist and find reasons to be.  Trust me it's so easy being an atheist.  No rules.
:2funny:

There's something here about funerals back then.

"...

unauthorized

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 02:37:48 AM »
I might have misunderstood the question.

Hey, no problem. My question was just more geared towards of the aftermath basiclly of how to hand the situation when you need others help to get the job finish. You and 8V are some of the guys in here that have given good inputs in other threads and in this thread and I appreciate your inputs.

unauthorized

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 02:46:21 AM »
Ha, funny as.s hell video. Now I want to watch the rest of it. Never know can learn from it.  :2funny:

But, for me if sh.it happens I will just pay a couple of grand to burn the body and and say "Hey, here is her/his ashes". She/He passed away yesterday. But with all the family making a big deal out of it I was just wondering what other people's beliefs were.

I like it quick and easy. Burn, here are the ashes, have fun. Me, do the same. Burn, here are the ashes, use it to grow your vegetables.

C.Y.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 08:21:51 AM »
Quote from: unauthorized link=topic=230790.msg3290626#msg3290626
What route wouild you take. I know that the church way is more easier these days and I seem to be heading that way. Just wanted to see what the smart people of pebhmong would do if they were in my shoe?

So correct me if I'm wrong it seems like you are uncertain or maybe scare of what will happen to you when you die? So you want to know which is the best choice because you don't want to die like your parents and nobody cares?

C@$H

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »
this also brings a certainty to people who you can trust and rely in times of need.  If you are divided by faith, its the one who will lend the helping hand that the ceremony should perform under...and that is the faith you should follow. 

Due to your misfortune, no one showed you what faith to live...but moving forward, understand that it you who is responsible for how you want your funeral to be celebrated.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 04:23:23 PM »
Yes, that sounds easy but how would your relatives, family, wife's relative's take it.

My relatives and families have no say in my final wishes just as I have no say in their final wishes. It's very simple to just respect the wish.

Also be proactive and do a 'legal' will of exactly what you want ahead of time. O0

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:25:21 PM by theking »

yuknowthat

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 08:31:59 PM »
Ok, I have been in here bullshi.tting 95% of the time when I reply to all thread (Except to Jubi's threads that I think she seems cute whe she is mad answering my replies to her despite smiting me like the world is going to end tomorrw) This time I need some real thoughts and inputs on what you would do if you were in my shoes. This is about religious belief so I figure I let my BEST FRIENDS AND FELLOW PEBHMONG and my #1 ex lover/hater JUBI give some suggestions. So here we go.

Right now I have not yet decided if I wanted to church or the hmong uaj neej stuff way. I still attend and help out both sides no matter hmong culture or the church way. I like having open options no matter which way I go. But most don't give you that option to help one or the other which is where I am stuck at.I have come to a point now that my family wants me to pick a way and see what I would go with. (Side note story with my parents). When they both passed away since I was young did not know crap about anything  and they were 50\50 with the hmong uaj neej people and the church no one wanted to help because they did not attend church every sunday and they were assumed MIA even with their name in the church. I know, just like anyone else if you don't attend that long you are in even in my books not considered a member and totally agree.

Being that they believed in half and half no one on the church or hmong culture wanted to help when they passed away. I guess they need someone to send their souls to the next world or something either church or hmong way. Not sure why it was so hard and a huge matter. Again, I will let this for the more understandable pebhmong folks to explain to me since I have no Idea.

me i said hmong culture...yus tuag tau pob su ntim tib si...mus church tsis tau pob su ntim..

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
both have restrictions. no religion is perfect so pick the less of the two evils according to your lifestyle. but once picked, stay dedicated. attend sunday school if you decided that church is the way. attend weekly shamanism event if the old religion is your choice.

questions you'd need to ask; 1) can/will you accept God? 2) are you willing to lean hmong funeral rituals?

Advertisements