Advertisement

Author Topic: New helmet  (Read 4030 times)

Finest

New helmet
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:39:36 PM »
One step closerrrrrrrrr!   O0

It's just an Icon Alliance Redeemer, nothing fancy.  But I liked the design and colors, and my big fat head actually fit this one well (2XL).   :o 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: New helmet
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:31:34 AM »
It's April, get a bike already. Anyways, as long as the helmet is DOT and Snell approved, it'll protect the same regardless of brand and price so "fit" is the most important factor. I've owned higher cost brands like Shoei  to lower cost brands like Zox and all have done its job, main difference is the price.

Offline Pocket Aces

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 04:50:15 AM »
It's April, get a bike already. Anyways, as long as the helmet is DOT and Snell approved, it'll protect the same regardless of brand and price so "fit" is the most important factor. I've owned higher cost brands like Shoei  to lower cost brands like Zox and all have done its job, main difference is the price.

Maybe he is taking steps into buy a bike. The MN msf/brc course doesnt provide helmets.  When I took the course they didnt provide helmets.   

Where you from, OP?

I like my women the same way I like milk white and fat free

Finest

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
Lol!  Still looking for one.  Taking the MSF course soon, needed a helmet too.

2Wicked

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:05:13 AM »

as long as it's comfortable and gives you the protection you need.   O0

dang.....i got to buy a new battery.  tried to start the bike yesterday and nothing.  sniff sniff. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »
Dude, don't you use a trickle charger? 

Really, the battery is not even that old... 2 years old maybe if I remember it correctly.

C'mon Wicked, a tender is only 30 dollars:

2Wicked

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »

i got that charger but hmmmmm i know y'all gonna b|tch at me but i got lazy and never took the battery out.

sniff sniff....

now i got to fork $80 dollars out.  FML!   :'(

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 04:31:17 PM »
 i got that charger but hmmmmm i know y'all gonna b|tch at me but i got lazy and never took the battery out.

sniff sniff....

now i got to fork $80 dollars out.  FML!   :'(

No need to take the battery out Wicked. Use quick connect plug that came with the tender. It stays connected to the battery so when ever you want to use the tender, just plug it to this connector:

2Wicked

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »
No need to take the battery out Wicked. Use quick connect plug that came with the tender. It stays connected to the battery so when ever you want to use the tender, just plug it to this connector:

oh shiat that is what it's for.  fuk me!  sorry still a rook at a lot of bike stuff.  all i know is put a babe on the back of the car and ride off. 

sorry to hijack but y'all know a decent battery with a good price?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »
sorry to hijack but y'all know a decent battery with a good price?

Best thing to do is shop around. I Was going to pick up an OEM Yuasa brand for my girl's bike but end up getting a trugel battery for less money. Heard some good things about trugel so just thought I check it out first hand. So far so good but it's only been a few months. I ordered it through a bike dealership and they charge and prep it so it's ready to go when picked up. think I paid 80 dollars for it after tax. Looks like this:

2Wicked

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 10:26:43 AM »
Best thing to do is shop around. I Was going to pick up an OEM Yuasa brand for my girl's bike but end up getting a trugel battery for less money. Heard some good things about trugel so just thought I check it out first hand. So far so good but it's only been a few months. I ordered it through a bike dealership and they charge and prep it so it's ready to go when picked up. think I paid 80 dollars for it after tax. Looks like this:

damn that's not too shabby.  i might have to go that route too.  the last one that is dead now is the OEM Yuasa.

how's the fitment on that battery?

thinking about trying out Batteries Plus if not then the one you mentioned.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 04:35:07 PM »
damn that's not too shabby.  i might have to go that route too.  the last one that is dead now is the OEM Yuasa.

how's the fitment on that battery?

thinking about trying out Batteries Plus if not then the one you mentioned.

The fitment is the same as OEM batteries. Like OEM batteries, price, size, and specs are based on the model of the bike.

Do some research and get what you think it's best for your dollar.

2Wicked

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »
sweet!  i'll probably look into that blue battery.  gotta start prepping up the bike.

Advertisements