Advertisement

Author Topic: Oneal Helmet(BlueTooth)  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Oneal Helmet(BlueTooth)
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:34:19 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003O7VPC8/ref=dp_colorn_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&childASIN=B003O7VPC8

Just got this for my buddy since he just got a 08 cbr600.  Review?  Holds the wind out pretty well.  Even though its Bluetooth ready the helmet isn't heavy at all.  Also very comfortable & functional, meaning you can feel the air passing through the vents unlike some helmets.  The bluetooth is awesome, music is VERY LOUD when you use the radio or MP3 mode(comes with volume knob).  Helmet to helmet option works great & sure beats waving or yelling while at a stoplight.  Also has voice dialing which helps out a lot when riding.  When having the radio/mp3 playing if you receive a call the helmet fades out the music so you can talk then fades the music back in when you're done.  You can replace the mic, speakers, battery or even the bluetooth itself if ever you need to. 
I give this helmet an eight from a scale of one to ten.
Why?
Helmet to hlemet is an awesome idea but making calls while you're riding isn't very safe.  Fiddling with the bluetooth while riding is just another distraction.  Finally, I believe they should have had more of a finish to the design.  Dragon prints or skull etc....  more design option maybe is what I mean to say, to fit all needs.

Like this post: 0
GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Oneal Helmet(BlueTooth)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »
Cool  O0. I've been using bluetooth headsets for the last 4-5 years and it's great on longer trips. I bought a set of Scala rider Q2 for $200 (one for me, one for the girl) and it was especially useful during our coast to coast trip.

It can hook up to 3 bluetooth devices (phone, GPS, MP3). The intercom feature is very useful because I didn't realize my girl's AT&T service suck so bad due to dead zones until that cross country trip. The intercom runs on radio wave so no cell phone signal, no problem.

The G4 is the newest version but the Q2 is still running strong.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:30:16 PM »
Whoa.. those mics are huge!  The new models are all intergrated into the helmet now. 

RX400h - Hybrid

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »
Whoa.. those mics are huge!  The new models are all intergrated into the helmet now.  

The integrated ones have been around for years but I prefer the portable ones so I don't feel the need to carry my helmet everywhere. The denser the foam of the mic, the better it absorbs and blocks out other noise, thus, makes communication clearer. Can't even see the mic once it's slide underneath the chin guard.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:49:28 PM by theking »

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »
^ not too bad...  if you get a chance to, try those new Oneal ones, they're pretty cool.  You're right though I don't ever take my helmet every where I go.  Only for HWY riding I do.

RX400h - Hybrid

Advertisements