Advertisement

Author Topic: Student--Dreamweaver Suite, with flash, photoshop etc...  (Read 1825 times)

Runnin_with_Scissors

Student--Dreamweaver Suite, with flash, photoshop etc...
« on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Don't know where you can get the suite any cheaper, but I just purchased the student copy for $449 and taxes.  Compared to $1899.00.  I thought it was a sweet deal.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

michaelvang85

Re: Student--Dreamweaver Suite, with flash, photoshop etc...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:13:34 PM »
that's a good deal, for being legit. :)

jetter

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:14:25 AM »
check the limitation of the student version, you'll find out why it's called academic but on the bright side you are one hell of a student who has bling to blow.  Most or all of the students I know will not spend that much money on a software just for learning.

Runnin_with_Scissors

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »
check the limitation of the student version, you'll find out why it's called academic but on the bright side you are one hell of a student who has bling to blow.  Most or all of the students I know will not spend that much money on a software just for learning.

full time work, part time school... it's a sacrifice, but I'm trying to learn application developement and in turn get a job with a friend's company developing database and applications for databases.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
Wow....I can'g believed you spent money on that.

I'm sure if you would've kept looking, you can find them online or similar products online for free.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

jetter

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
full time work, part time school... it's a sacrifice, but I'm trying to learn application developement and in turn get a job with a friend's company developing database and applications for databases.

For that purpose it's not a good idea to buy wysiwyg software and design software; although it does not hurt to know them but for the purpose of developing database and applications, all you need is an opensource IDE like Eclipse or NetBeans or the MS Express editions. 

DB design and dev work just requires you to install or have access to a db server like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc. 

To dev applciation to interact with the DB, all you need is just pick a language that you want to learn and start using the free IDE's.

I rather spend that money with things like webhosting etc just to show perspective employer that I know my stuff or to put a personal portfolio together.

Runnin_with_Scissors

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »
For that purpose it's not a good idea to buy wysiwyg software and design software; although it does not hurt to know them but for the purpose of developing database and applications, all you need is an opensource IDE like Eclipse or NetBeans or the MS Express editions. 

DB design and dev work just requires you to install or have access to a db server like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc. 

To dev applciation to interact with the DB, all you need is just pick a language that you want to learn and start using the free IDE's.

I rather spend that money with things like webhosting etc just to show perspective employer that I know my stuff or to put a personal portfolio together.

I've got all of that under the belt already.  But I'm dealing with a private business that wants web-designs as part of the deal also.  I guess this package is more intuned or inline with a learning interst rather than actually needing it for a work enviroment.

zena

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »
did you get it off Adobe's site?  If you did, the student version IS the full version.  You are just getting it for a lot less because you are a student.  I read the FAQ.  It's sooooo worth it.

btw, the student version is also legit to use for business/commercial purposes.  If you had gotten it free from somewhere else and you used it for profit, you could get in trouble for that.

And, if you should ever upgrade or be done with school and want upgrade, you would just pay the upgrade price without having to buy the whole thing all over.   :)

Advertisements