Advertisement

Author Topic: If "UA NEEB" can not cure a person who is dying from AIDS, why do it?  (Read 22611 times)

HmongKnight

Doing the Hmong rituals help the living human feel good mentally sometimes.  Being healthy mentally helps fight the physical pain.  Even if the ritual doesn't cure the living human physically some people believe that the reason the human flesh is starting to raw out is because the spirit is moving away from the body.

I agreed because alot of the OG's illness are not caused by physical pain but mentally pain. As one doctor quoted that the best medicine to cure a person ill is eat healthy and exercise. If a shamans ritual make him/her feels good and start to eat, work, walk, run, and laugh then it sometime cure those mentally ill people. But the bottom line is not a shaman's ritual that cure the illness, but the laughter, eat, and exercise is what cure that illness.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

Re: If "UA NEEB" can not cure a person who is dying from AIDS, why do it?
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »
"UA NEEB" to me is a shaman ways to find out what caused that person to get sick and how to cure him/her.  Now days, we live in an era where there are many illness and diseases that can not be cure by a shaman's ritual such as; AIDS, cancer, hypetitus, Tuberculosis and many others. These kind of illness can not be cure unless one seek help from doctors and take the right medications for it. Even with the right medication, it can only slow down the illness and not completely cure it.

But what I don't get it is that many families still practice shamanism's ritual to cure these kind of illness. And it can be costly too.
"UA NEEB!" is only for spiritual causes...if you have AIDS GOT GO TO THE DOCTORS AND GET THAT bodypart of yours checked out..i called it hmoob ruam if everything always ends up into ua neeb tas li to cure or fix something like aids..like dumb hmong christians prays to god all the time and don't realize when shiet god has people invented hospital for those kind of shiet, so quit bothering god and take that body part of yours to doctors to check out so they can help you....if you're stupid then you're stupid regardless to what religion you are..

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 02:02:21 PM »
"UA NEEB" to me is a shaman ways to find out what caused that person to get sick and how to cure him/her.  Now days, we live in an era where there are many illness and diseases that can not be cure by a shaman's ritual such as; AIDS, cancer, hypetitus, Tuberculosis and many others. These kind of illness can not be cure unless one seek help from doctors and take the right medications for it. Even with the right medication, it can only slow down the illness and not completely cure it.

But what I don't get it is that many families still practice shamanism's ritual to cure these kind of illness. And it can be costly too.

Yes, you are right, such serious illness as you'd mention can't be cure by a soul calling ceremony.

However, people's health starts to degrade as their mental and eventually, spiritual health suffer. I like to look at the soul-calling ceremony as a matter of faith, if you believe in it, than you believe you're cure and you simply become happier.

I also notice that a lot of people that order these ceremony are often depressed and seeking attention.

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

sweet_luvin

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 03:08:46 PM »
I have a distant uncle who's new born had a swallowing complications. NOthing can go inside his stomach, so doctors want to do a surgery on his upper adominal because the muscle is too tight and won't allow anything to go through.. But he insist that doctors let him take the baby home to do a shaman ritual on him first and see if it helps before the surgery. DOctors denied his requested.. He argued with the doctors and the head of the hospital all day long. At the end, child protection has to take over the case and forced the surgery.

So why are we doing this to ourself in a society where technologies are so advance and the dumbest person can read and write??

it was dumb on his part for now allowing the surgery but he could've gone home and done the ceremony without trying to bring the kid home... he could've done neeb to help the baby go through the surgery... instead he argued with the doc.... bad on his part...

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »
Ua neeg and praying is for spiritual support...

Fishhead

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
If med and doc can not cure AIDS, why still go to the hospital.

Roc

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 01:53:05 PM »
Because if you don't go to the hospital you will die faster and harsher. AIDS patients, although not completely cured, are getting a lot of breakthrough medicines nowadays and are able to live much better than before.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »
I tried reading it, but the grammar gave me a headache. 

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

NraugLaus

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 02:14:01 AM »
Believe and do whatever makes you happy but don't bash anyone else for their beliefs. 

This is why religion and politics have always been a touchy subject.  :-\

sibaim247

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 02:09:01 AM »
"UA NEEB" to me is a shaman ways to find out what caused that person to get sick and how to cure him/her.  Now days, we live in an era where there are many illness and diseases that can not be cure by a shaman's ritual such as; AIDS, cancer, hypetitus, Tuberculosis and many others. These kind of illness can not be cure unless one seek help from doctors and take the right medications for it. Even with the right medication, it can only slow down the illness and not completely cure it.

and u think Jesus can cure them too??..

MilesDaddy

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 02:34:04 AM »
u are just one of those ignorant hater out there bashing on your own culture. yes jingle bells does not cure all form of disease and sickness but when even 21st century modern medical science doesn't cure, you seek other options. don't be too narrow minded. it may cost a lot of money but hey compare to a checkup medical bill which one is more expensive huh. a freaken body procedure in one of those machine cost you in the thousands of dollars and in the end you still die of cancer.

so your stupid question should also say that "why are christian still praying to god when god doesn't cure AIDS" Praying to me is like having a sense of faith so i can be stronger against the battle for my life. no difference in jingle bells. if we believe it, it gives us some faith and comfort to battle against our lives, we'll do it because its another option even if it cost money because one's life is priceless and precious. whether u are a christian that hates traditional practice or not, lighten up and appreciate your own culture because nothing can change the fact that u are hmong even if you believe in another god O0
do you even know the difference between culture and religion....an d atleast he is her asking the opinopns of us to possibly become less ignorant. so cut the guy some slack.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
Why do it?  If a person who believes in God can pray for a cure then it's logical for a hmong person who believes in Shamanism to Ua NEEB for a cure as well.  The bottom line is:  when people suffer from whatever illness, cure or incurable, it gives them hope to try different ways of curing themselves..

Whatever gives them hope, let it be..

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 02:18:25 AM »
I agreed because alot of the OG's illness are not caused by physical pain but mentally pain. As one doctor quoted that the best medicine to cure a person ill is eat healthy and exercise. If a shamans ritual make him/her feels good and start to eat, work, walk, run, and laugh then it sometime cure those mentally ill people. But the bottom line is not a shaman's ritual that cure the illness, but the laughter, eat, and exercise is what cure that illness.
don't underasitmate the power of the jiggle men/women..i've seen not enough to no tat it's true...i'll make tis short...there was a story of a cuz, who's being acting weird @nite...i mean he would bute his wife while sleeping, doctor gave him crazy pills to eat..they almost sent him yo the crazy house, jiggle ppl looked into it....did their jiggles the dude was cure...
But the topic is about aids...it is phy. Illness nit spirirtual.. there for..if pills can't cure AIDs jiggle can nit help.
The only thing tat can help is wen you doing the boom boom, wear ur PFD JACKET. Or don't put urself un the position to get AIDs in the 1st place.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »
Why do it?  If a person who believes in God can pray for a cure then it's logical for a hmong person who believes in Shamanism to Ua NEEB for a cure as well.  The bottom line is:  when people suffer from whatever illness, cure or incurable, it gives them hope to try different ways of curing themselves..

Whatever gives them hope, let it be..
tat why wen ppl heard hear of others geting sick they rush to the house N try yo brain wash ppl yo buy their dry tree barks. Grass, weeds. N pulling this.. there is a hmng person with tat illness.. he bought my crab grass to eat N was cure...(BS).. where is this person..do you have paper proof from the (hmng person..) saying yea. It worked for him..
NO, cuz there will always be word of mouth..i have my own reason to not believe in those grass, tree bark. They look like crab grass N twigs from my bavk yard...

Advertisements