Advertisement

Author Topic: Ditching ur pet  (Read 18068 times)

Luckyman

Ditching ur pet
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
Has anyone every ditched there dog into the woods, because you can't make time for them, plus couldn't find anyone to care for them?  You love them but gotta let them go......!!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

BuckFuddies2

Re: Ditching ur pet
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:30:04 PM »
I once ditched my pet hamster in a Kmart empty parking lot.  Hope the little booger is doing fine.  :-\

ALPHAFEMALE

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
That is ducking low. At least find the dog another home or take the dog to the poung.  O0 :( ;D

yajmafia

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 07:49:15 AM »
Put the pet on craigslist and say FREE.  Believe me, you'll get responses up the arsh!

BuckFuddies2

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »
I thought about releasing my turtles into the lakes because they are getting big, and I want them to be in their most natural environment but they've always been raised as domestic pets, so I want to make sure they are safe. I know for sure they won't survive through the winter, but I did find a herpetology study site here in Mn where they rescue reptiles and or intake them  from previous owners for adoption. I will be giving my four turtles up for adoption next month.

I'm not surprised.  You're good at dumping things when you no longer have interest in them.   >:(

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »
I love my dog too much.

evil-in-deed

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »
give them to science!!!...

Offline Mong-X

• Your One And Only
  • Administrator
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »
Wait, you have to pay to dump your dog at the shelter?   That's why Hmone people just dump them at the park. ???

MrStranger

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 06:18:18 PM »
Sell em to the pho restaurants or mexican taco trucks. hahaha.

Offline Mong-X

• Your One And Only
  • Administrator
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
i heard people would take them there during non-business hour and tie him/her to the door of the shelter.  This avoid the $25-$50 fee.  ;D

Guess you can't do this if he/she is microchipped.. ..damn, damn, damn!!!

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
i had no choice but to give my turtles away. i took them to balboa park, and released them there..... :'( :'( :'( 

heyguys

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
the dog pound around me will not charge if you say you saw it running loose and would like to do the city a favor by catching it alive and turn it in.

My very first dog, I tried such a stunt but it found its way home.   My last one, I did the park gig but head to the baseball pen with them fences.  Stupid dog is a waste of your time and energy to raise.  You do not have to run away from it, it automatic runs away from you.  A week later, saw a guy who lives  near that park with the beagle I tried to get rid of.  Thank you sir, you are a kind being. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
Has anyone every ditched there dog into the woods, because you can't make time for them, plus couldn't find anyone to care for them?  You love them but gotta let them go......!!

In Hmong folktales, and perhaps some reality tales, this has been called nrauj zoo! You take them to the woods and pretend to be doing something with them, then you tell them to stay there while you go to fetch water, but you never come back for them and they can't find their way back home. This has happened not just to dogs but humans, e.g. orphans in particular.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

MilesDaddy

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »
Put the pet on craigslist and say FREE.  Believe me, you'll get responses up the arsh!
+1

Evelynn

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 08:36:29 AM »
I don't but my brother and his wife has done it to their black lab. My sister has done this to her little puppy. The kids cried for months. It was super sad. She said that her husband took him to this one park and he thought he was going to get to play. As soon as the dog got out of the car, he took off and the dog was running with all her might to catch the car... but lost the car. It was sad, I was crying when they told me this story. There are shelter or humane society where you just pay a small fees for them to take your pet.

We did this once and we'll never do it again.  One female was given to us, we bought another female, and the male was my bil's, but we reimbursed him what he purchased.  The story goes like this.  We were still living at the apartment and didn't pay for the pet fee.  When there is only 1 puppy, she's potty trained and my husband was paranoid about letting her/them use the backyard.  My husband saw the 2nd girl on craigslist and we wanted a teacup, so we went to look at it.  She was pure white and was shivering (no heat in that house), so we fell in love w/ her and decided to buy her.  A few weeks later, my bil didn't want to his the male, so we decided to add him to our collection,  With the three of them, they didn't care to use the pad no more, so after 3 months, we got really sick and tired of cleaning after them, and made a decision to ditch them at a rich neighborhood.

It was a pretty day, but as we ditched them, (similar like your post), it started to spinkle.  I told the spouse to turn back, but he said no.  Later that night, we talked about them and the situation and we both were crying and missing them.  The next day, we went back, there's no sign of them.  Later that evening, I packed them some roast ribs and placed it under a tree.  We'd continue to go back every day for the next two days.  Finally on the 4th day, I kept on calling their names and the two younger ones came out,  OMG....I was so happy to see them with tears falling out.   I went back for her fthe whole week and there was no site of her.  We were sadden by our actions and felt sorry for her, but laam ua ib sab.

We  love them so much that we decided to buy a house so they'll have their freedom and keep them happy.  They only eat meat, not left over meat, but the meat that my husband and son eats...pork ribs, beef, chicken, pigeons and etc.

I'm estatic because my youngest female is having her liter any day now.  I believe I'm more excited than her. Yes, she loves it when I feel her puppies....the ir movements.  I feel it several times a day.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:42:43 AM by Evelynn »

Advertisements