Advertisement

Author Topic: Hey Techies!! Creative technical solution needed... Help?  (Read 2105 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Hey Techies!! Creative technical solution needed... Help?
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »
Okay, here's the situation.

I want to have 4 monitors connected to 1 computer.  One will be facing me at all time. The one facing me should always stay on so I can see everything on it.  The other 3 are placed in a room facing the test subject.  One on his left, one infront of him and one on his right.  I'd like to be able to make it so that only one monitor in the room comes on at a time.  So, if I want the subject to watch the monitor on the right, I'd like to turn that one on with just a switch.  If I want the subject to turn left, I'd switch that one on and the other one should switch off.

I've tried using a monitor switch box which diverts the signal to the monitor I want; however, when the other monitors don't get a signal, their "no signal detected" sign pops up and that's distracting to the subject. I need a way to keep that from coming on.

What's a good solution?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

YubHmoob

Re: Hey Techies!! Creative technical solution needed... Help?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:47:25 AM »
I only have two monitors now..your question is beyond my pay scale...

Runnin_with_Scissors

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:56:54 AM »
get a monitor that does not display no signal...  :2funny:

I think you have something kinky going on with this, or you're trying to psycho-induce someone with your mad twisted Dr.Yax plan.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:20:08 PM »
nowadays, they all have that display. 

Okay, I think I might have it.

I'm thinking, just get video splitters or dual video cards for the computer, configure to duplicate on the monitors, then use one of these power conditioners to manually switch the monitors on and off through power:

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »
Guess that solution didn't work.  My audiologist says the monitor turns on too slow now.  He doesn't want the splash screen to come up when the monitor comes on.  He just wants the reward page to appear instantly. Onto the next set of ideas.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Runnin_with_Scissors

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »
Guess that solution didn't work.  My audiologist says the monitor turns on too slow now.  He doesn't want the splash screen to come up when the monitor comes on.  He just wants the reward page to appear instantly. Onto the next set of ideas.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

try a software implementation?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 05:30:40 AM »
Yeah just write your own little program.

1's and zero's, easy day.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

lemlem

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 12:36:28 PM »
If he's trying to split a signal, then a software solution would not work because the unwanted prompt window will show up in the monitors.  Best solution is to modify the existing switch to provide a constant signal to all monitors.  This can be done by rewiring an ab switch.  If the monitors get a constant signal they won't display the unwanted text.

Advertisements