Advertisement

Author Topic: Currently reading  (Read 17930 times)

proudlao

Re: Currently reading
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 05:42:06 AM »
Currently reading wake up to your life.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. An emo helpless love story. So different and opposite from the usual romance stories. I had no idea I can feel a darker and colder side of love.

This is a remarkable book, but I really detested Heathcliff with a passion. 

go-go

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
I just finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.  Have yet to see the movie.

Sleipnir

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:54 PM »
The hobbit...  before the movie comes out...  it's a really easy and page turning read before bed.

prima_donna

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »
The Boneshaker by Cherie Preist.

This is a sci-fic book about a portion of Seattle, WA sealed by wall. A town supposely nobody lives in there due to an underground gas that turns people necrotic or into living zombies. Blair is the mom who goes looking for her son in the lost city and only she knows how to get in and out.

Sleipnir

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
Reading "Ender's Game" and will finish the entire series...  such a great read so far...

Sifu

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 05:15:55 AM »
Been getting into a lot of sci fi lately; mostly Dan Abnett books (last year was Asian history books).  Next year it'll be a different theme but yes I try to read as much as I can.  I decided to give the Warhammer series a try.  Space Marines, orks, elves, Chaos, Zergs-I-Mean Tyranids...  Sounds like Starcraft?

I'm still waiting for the next Omnibus to come out.  It might be a while (I've already read the first 3 omnibus).

I just finished Ravenor The Omnibus and didn't like the ending.  It felt rushed like a crappy Hollywood movie.  It was still good though. 

So far I've been very impressed.  I haven't read a series that has kept me entertained in a long time.

My tastes are pretty different but damn I haven't read Ender's Game since I was a kid!  I should pick it back up...

Advertisements