Advertisement

Author Topic: Arts and Crafts  (Read 54562 times)

nou

Re: Arts and Crafts
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2013, 12:20:40 PM »
I decided to make a "husband-friendly" diaper bag for my soon-to-be-mom and dad friend.  I used an old men's dress shirt and tie. 

I got the tutorial and idea from here (my favorite blog): http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2012/06/turn-a-mens-shirttie-into-tote-aka-little-boy-church-bag.html

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

nou

« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »
sorry picture so big, but I guess it is good for your viewing pleasures! =)

nou

« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2013, 01:35:37 PM »
Made another bag!  Made it for my nephew and is smaller than the diaper bag... fits a notebook just perfectly!.  I gave him three choices of ties and he chose the pink one.  =D

LeLe

« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2013, 01:55:47 AM »
Love the idea!

zena

« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »
Those bags are so cool, nou!  I bet if you sold them on etsy or something, you'd get some good customers.   O0

nou

« Reply #260 on: January 28, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
Thank you, ladies!

Moonangel, in respect for the owner of the idea and inspiration (the blog I posted in the first photo), I will only and can make this for pleasure, not profit.

=)

zena

« Reply #261 on: January 28, 2013, 11:33:16 PM »
Thank you, ladies!

Moonangel, in respect for the owner of the idea and inspiration (the blog I posted in the first photo), I will only and can make this for pleasure, not profit.

=)

Oh...no...don't copy.  Just create your own style.  It's okay to take ideas from those who inspire you.  I follow quite a few bloggers too in my field and learn from them.  That keeps me going (btw, I enjoy what I do and I don't make very much if anything in ref to profits but the enjoyment is what counts...when I don't enjoy it anymore...that's when I'll stop).  I'm not saying you have to do anything...jus t pointing out that you have skill and talent in sewing and it wouldn't hurt to put it out there.  O0

Martika

« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »
Wow, you ladies are so creative! How do you ladies find the time and patient to be so creative? So inspirational. I guess when my two are both in school, I may be able to find time to be creative. I'm not so much into hair accessories but am into wall decal/decor and photo albums.

nou

« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »
Oh...no...don't copy.  Just create your own style.  It's okay to take ideas from those who inspire you.  I follow quite a few bloggers too in my field and learn from them.  That keeps me going (btw, I enjoy what I do and I don't make very much if anything in ref to profits but the enjoyment is what counts...when I don't enjoy it anymore...that's when I'll stop).  I'm not saying you have to do anything...jus t pointing out that you have skill and talent in sewing and it wouldn't hurt to put it out there.  O0

Thanks for the reassurance, moonangel.

We all get inspired by seeing others and making it our own.  I am currently working with my mom to use the idea above and to make it ours.  But as far as selling, I really don't have the time to sit at a sewing machine all the time.  I often get requests to make them and I give it for free but people usually pay me.  I just feel weird selling things.  But that's just me.

Wow, you ladies are so creative! How do you ladies find the time and patient to be so creative? So inspirational. I guess when my two are both in school, I may be able to find time to be creative. I'm not so much into hair accessories but am into wall decal/decor and photo albums.

I don't have a lot of time either.  But I work on projects when I'm home sick or on a blizzard weekend. 

LeLe

« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »
Made this bracelet to wear for tomorrow in honor of my sister for Lupus Awareness Day.

Like this post: +1

couchpotato

« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2013, 07:28:34 AM »
Made this bracelet to wear for tomorrow in honor of my sister for Lupus Awareness Day.

Nice Lele. Does your sister have lupus?

My oldest sister had lupus and her favorite color was purple. :)

LeLe

« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2013, 04:40:14 PM »
My sister passed away and yes, she battled lupus for 18 years.

Advertisements