Advertisement

Author Topic: Arts and Crafts  (Read 54556 times)

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
Re: Arts and Crafts
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
Thanks moonangel, I found it online.

Jubi, I love the little graduate, you must've spent a ton of time doing that.

Yes, please do share.

Like this post: 0
Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Adverstisement

Jubi

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »

Cute Jubi! Wish I had a steady hand to do calligraphy.

Practice, and a lot of it. I've always been good with my hands  ;D

Jubi

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 04:25:47 PM »
yubnag, that's a great idea to reuse those altoid cans. Very creative!

Jubi, love your calligraphy!  And the fish made out of leaves is super creative.

Thank you moon  :) I could do this full time and have an art studio if could. But artists don't make a lot of money and would have to find other jobs just to supplement their incomes.

Jubi

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
Thanks moonangel, I found it online.

Jubi, I love the little graduate, you must've spent a ton of time doing that.

Yes, please do share.

Yes I did. But I could sit for hours and just paint or build things. Just that a lot of things can run through your mind lol

zena

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
Thank you moon  :) I could do this full time and have an art studio if could. But artists don't make a lot of money and would have to find other jobs just to supplement their incomes.

I agree.  Artists are dirt poor unless luck hits them or something...LO L!  I'd love to learn Calligraphy some day.   :)

Here are some of the stuff I recently added to my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/creationsbyhli.  You can also view a video gallery on my wordpress blog at creationsbyhli.com.

All these items can be  purchased through my etsy shop.  I also have more in my shop.  I'll be adding more hair clips soon.

Jubi

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »
moonangel, that is true about most artists being dirt poor. But I like your work. Those jewelry are cute and wearable. I'll save your site as a favorite  O0

zena

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 05:06:13 PM »
Thanks, Jubi.

Jubi

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 05:13:13 PM »
^ I'm always on the lookout for any kind of art. That's how you support your fellow artists. O0

NkaujNom

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 05:31:56 PM »
Excellent work everyone! O0

Jubi

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 05:48:04 AM »
oncorhynchusmy kiss, I'd rather be laughing on a bicycle than be crying in a stretch limo. One does not need a lot of money to feel important or be respected in life either. I'm just a poor girl with big dreams  ;)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:50:32 AM by Jubi »

nou

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »
Moonangel, I love your jewlery!  I will have to make a purchase soon!

Jubi, you're so creative!  Your wooden graduation girl reminds me when I used to make little hmong people!  I've posted these before but since this is a topic, I'll re-post it again.  I should get into making these again... but I'm not allowed to use the drill.... LOL.. I've made some into cellphone charms, but I didn't take pictures of them..

The last three were custom made to order.. =)

Peachy Fish

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011, 09:50:50 PM »
Hehe, I remember seeing those. Those are so cute Nou.

I've tried making Hmong dolls out of pins, but failed, so once I get it, I'll post it.

zena

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011, 10:36:22 PM »
jubi, I totally agree.  I frequent quite a few artist's blogs and art forums just to see how awesomely creative people are.  Lately (within the last few months), I've been reading up on concept art and find amazement in peeps who can do storyboards because I just can never see myself doing anything like that (I think that's why I'm so fascinated by them).  

oncorhynchusmy kiss,  it was meant figuratively. As for art for money, I guess I don't understand how anyone who truly enjoys art can do it just for the money.  Usually, it's a passion.  A fire within burning to be released and rarely has anything to do with money.  

nou, thanks! And, those are the cutest little things! They put a smile on my face.  

Corner.of.M.and.K

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 02:27:46 AM »
Wonderful work everyone!!! It's truly inspiring to see so many creative crafty Hmong people!!! Here are a few more of my previous work--

This is one I had to mail out..

Just made a facebook page as well.. Feel free to check it out!! "Corner of M and K"
All the crafts I make are indeed for sale / have been sold. If you'd like to purchase one, feel free to message me or email me. :) email: [email protected]

Thanks for all the comments, compliments and critiques!! Much is appreciated.

- MK

Corner.of.M.and.K

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 02:31:09 AM »
Here's some Hair pieces that I made...

Advertisements