Advertisement

Author Topic: A good photo editing PC....  (Read 1263 times)

winerice

A good photo editing PC....
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »
Guys/Gals,

What's a good photo editing PC setup? I am building for my wifey's photography. I am thinking about going with Intel Sandybridge i7(cuz i get half price off), a set of nice dual monitors, decent graphy card and motherboard. I am thinking the budget would be around 2k. Any inputs are welcome...... ;)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

obscurity

Re: A good photo editing PC....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:01:57 PM »
sandybridge 2600k and decent gpu for photoshop's ogl acceleration, at least 4 gig ram, more if you want

More importantly you want a really good monitor and preferable an IPS one (true 16 million color, no dithering, VERY WIDE viewing angle) one not regular TN (16mil simulated color through dithering, bad viewing angle)

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors_Flat_Panel_Widescreen/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=320-9270

this is a great monitor for the price, it was on sale for 219 last weekend

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:05:10 PM by obscurity »

Eyedumgai

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:08:35 PM »
With that budget, my suggestion would be to use what you have now until Z68's come out. That way, you can get a cheapo 64GB SDD to use as cache, aka Rapid Storage Technology (PS and LR will love you for this), and a few 2TB HDD for RAID 1 or 5. Also, grab yourself a couple of nice IPS monitors if you must have multi-monitor setup. Otherwise, just one large (27-inches or more) one should do.

Good luck with your build and the photography!  O0

winerice

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
thanx for the tips guys..... O0

Advertisements