Advertisement

Author Topic: computer geek plz come here!!!!!  (Read 4296 times)

kyrie_eleison

Re: computer geek plz come here!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 11:59:42 AM »
get a mac.  Trust me...

most who say otherwise only say it b/c they honestly can't afford one or wish they could own one but are afraid to change or worse, the learning curve it too HIGH for them.  Yes, you know who I'm talkin' about.  Whatcha gonna do about that?!  

Anywho, yes...they're slightly more than a grand but you'll do less damage to it externally than you would with a Winblows machine.  That's speaking from experience: I actually took an old HP pavillion and did the whole "Office Space" thing to it b/c it frustrated me so much.  I will NEVER shell out another dime to anything that is synonomous with HP, Compaq, Fujitsu or anything that requires a microsoft OS. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:01:14 PM by kyrie_eleison »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

evil-in-deed

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »
i like eating apples more than oranges because apples are better...

(yes its filled with puns...)

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 05:22:24 PM »
i like eating apples more than oranges because apples are better...

(yes its filled with puns...)

or crap. 

evil-in-deed

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »

davidd

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 11:15:32 PM »
get a mac.  Trust me...

most who say otherwise only say it b/c they honestly can't afford one or wish they could own one but are afraid to change or worse, the learning curve it too HIGH for them.  Yes, you know who I'm talkin' about.  Whatcha gonna do about that?!  

Anywho, yes...they're slightly more than a grand but you'll do less damage to it externally than you would with a Winblows machine.  That's speaking from experience: I actually took an old HP pavillion and did the whole "Office Space" thing to it b/c it frustrated me so much.  I will NEVER shell out another dime to anything that is synonomous with HP, Compaq, Fujitsu or anything that requires a microsoft OS. 

I've owned both PC and Mac comptuers before, and I'm great at using both, but I prefer PC because they are easier to operate and you can do more on a PC, no doubt about that.

I hate arguing about this topic though because it's been done many times before and it usually goes nowhere. So I'll just state my opinion and leave it at that  >:D

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
I have a few life-guidelines that I tend to believe to be true:

1. You never trust a sales person
2. You should measure twice; cut once
3. And finally, If you're time is more valuable than the money you earn, then really really think about what you're getting yourself into b/c you're not gonna get any of that time back once your computer crashes and you have to "re-install and start all over".  *hint* 

Of course, not having to "fix" or "re-install" my Mac-OSX.xox has either made me a wise person or a less than knowledgeable person since I haven't had to install an OS since I bought a Mac....3 years ago.  Come to think of it, I haven't had to flex any I.T. muscle since I bought my Time Capsule as well. 

Advertisements