Advertisement

Author Topic: computer geek plz come here!!!!!  (Read 4223 times)

Kaxiong

computer geek plz come here!!!!!
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »
Omg I'm ready to throw my pc against the wall.

I want a new pc. What would u recommend? Nothing more than a grand plz. Im going to have a heart attack if I don't get a new laptop.  >:( :idiot2:

I know nothing about buying laptops and what to look for that'd why im asking. Thank u.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:55:55 AM by Kaxiong »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

acuratl_guy

Re: computer geek plz come here!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
Get a mac

yajmafia

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:20:43 AM »
Build your own.

Word of advise, get at least a i5 processor.

Oh, and Windows 7.

I hate Apple/Mac.

aria

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
Get a mac

MacBooks are more than a grand! And if you're used to PC, it'd take some getting used to.

Getting a computer really depends on what you're going to use it for. If it's just for surfing the web and watching movie, any laptop would do, honestly. Definitely get some virus protection program.

I got my SIL this for her graduation: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Inspiron-15.6-i15R-1157-Laptop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i3-380M-Processor-Windows-7-Home-Premium/15739113. She uses it for school and to surf the web/watch movie. I think there's a built-in webcam. It's cheap and does the job. I have a love-hate relationship with Dell. :)

Honestly computers aren't that great of an investment because technology is constantly changing so don't spend more than a grand on a computer.

DarkWaters

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »
Get a mac

Get this laptop....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+VAIO+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i5+Processor+/+14%22+Display+/+4GB+Memory+/+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Pink/2802517.p?id=1218352067867&skuId=2802517

Give bestbuy a college email (student promotion) and you get a free 4 GB XBOX game console worth $199 with it.

You can watch your Blu-ray movies on it as well.

reAP

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 12:12:04 PM »
What are you going to use it for?  A lot of my friends are getting the chromebook.  It's mainly for surfing the net and chatting with friends.  Follow the link below and check out the features.  You might like it. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computers-Promotions/Google-Chrome/pcmcat241800050013.c?id=pcmcat241800050013&DCMP=rdr5387

Eyedumgai

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Get an ipad2

I have two sandy bridge systems and I use my iPad more than either!  O0

obscurity

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
how about telling us what you really want to use it for first

Pain

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »
What are you going to use it for?  A lot of my friends are getting the chromebook.  It's mainly for surfing the net and chatting with friends.  Follow the link below and check out the features.  You might like it. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computers-Promotions/Google-Chrome/pcmcat241800050013.c?id=pcmcat241800050013&DCMP=rdr5387

Do not buy this is unless your intent is to web surf, facebook, and spend oodles of time on forums only.  Even then there may be some compatibility problems.

You need to look at what you needs are as far as a computer wise.  What are you using the computer for and what programs do you need.  Are you on a budget. 

If you not on a budget a Mac is a great computer to have, you can also boot camp to have Windows on it too.  If your in a budget then a Windows PC would be perfect and most would already do what people want.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:15 AM »
You are ready to throw your PC against the wall but yet you are looking to buy another PC ?  What am I missing here ?  I say user error....chang e the user...

evil-in-deed

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
how about telling us what you really want to use it for first

2timer...

information require from OP indeed...

NceegVaj

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 10:31:28 AM »

I want a new pc. What would u recommend? Nothing more than a grand plz. Im going to have a heart attack if I don't get a new laptop.  >:( :idiot2:

I know nothing about buying laptops and what to look for that'd why im asking. Thank u.

If this computer is Windows 7 or Vista  AND a laptop....you can swap with my good one for $50.

yang_k_vue

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 03:09:42 AM »
@Kaxiong

If you want a PC than I recommend HP's laptops. For the same amount, you can get better builds with HP. I have custom order numerous laptops for family members and friends and HP is by far the best. There laptops aren't the most appealing laptops but you really do get more for your money. Go to hp.com and customize your own there. If you don't know what you want you can always get one that's pre-customized on there site. Trust me, you will be happy with your purchase. If you want a Mac laptop it will cost more and if the parts breaks down you would have to send it to apple to fix it because they don't sell repair parts as oppose to pc laptops.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »

I want a new pc. What would u recommend? Nothing more than a grand plz. Im going to have a heart attack if I don't get a new laptop.  >:( :idiot2:

HAHHAHAHAH

c'mon now, dont let PH be running your life.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

ziggie

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
what happened???

Advertisements