Advertisement

Author Topic: It is very possible for a Hmong nation...  (Read 17523 times)

NceegVaj

It is very possible for a Hmong nation...
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/africa/South-Sudan-Becomes-193rd-Member-of-United-Nations-125579368.html

South Sudan became the 193rd member of the United Nations Thursday when the U.N. General Assembly approved the country’s membership by acclamation.

South Sudan’s new flag was raised for the first time outside United Nations headquarters in a brief ceremony symbolizing the country’s U.N. membership that was acclaimed just over an hour earlier by the General Assembly.

Riek Machar, South Sudan’s Vice President, appeared before the applauding General Assembly to express what he described as the profound gratitude of the people and government of South Sudan. Machar said it is South Sudan’s deepest and most sincere wish to peacefully resolve all outstanding matters between South Sudan and Sudan, from which it separated. We do not harbor bitterness, he said, with our former compatriots. He added that after many years of war, South Sudan wants to be a force for peace in its region.

“With this in mind, we urge our brothers in Ethiopia and Eritrea to resolve their differences peacefully and amicably. We appeal to our brothers and sisters in Somalia to seek lasting peace and we salute all those who are working to build democracy and the rule of law from the ground up. We encourage all countries in the region to come together to eradicate the scourge of the Lord’s Resistance Army. We will also join our regional partners and the rest of the world in the fight against terrorism,” Machar said.

Sudan’s representative at the United Nations, Daffa-Alla Elhag Ali Osman, congratulated South Sudan on its U.N. membership and spoke of solidarity, cooperation and coordination between the two countries for the well-being of their two peoples.

Rwanda’s representative to the United Nations, Eugene-Richard Gasana, speaking for the African group of nations at the U.N., said South Sudan faces enormous challenges. He hoped that South Sudan and Sudan will soon settle their outstanding issues on the implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement - known as the CPA - signed in 2005 to end Sudan’s 21-year civil war.

”Those issues are particularly cessation of hostilities and political settlement in South Kordofan, the final status of Abyei in accordance with the CPA, the demarcation of the north-south boundary as well as well as political consultation on Blue Nile,” Gasana said.

United States U.N. representative Susan Rice said the independence of South Sudan is a testament to its people and also an inspiration to all who yearn for freedom.

“Your statehood is new, but your friendship is not. The bonds between the American people and the people of South Sudan go back many decades. The United States will remain a steadfast friend as South Sudan works to pursue peace, to strengthen its democracy and provide opportunity and prosperity to all its citizens,” Rice said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said it is imperative that South Sudan and Sudan resolve their outstanding differences with the same pragmatism and leadership that they have shown so far. The two countries, he went on, must see a future as true partners, not rivals.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

sammyxiong

Re: It is very possible for a Hmong nation...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/africa/South-Sudan-Becomes-193rd-Member-of-United-Nations-125579368.html

South Sudan became the 193rd member of the United Nations Thursday when the U.N. General Assembly approved the country’s membership by acclamation.

South Sudan’s new flag was raised for the first time outside United Nations headquarters in a brief ceremony symbolizing the country’s U.N. membership that was acclaimed just over an hour earlier by the General Assembly.

Riek Machar, South Sudan’s Vice President, appeared before the applauding General Assembly to express what he described as the profound gratitude of the people and government of South Sudan. Machar said it is South Sudan’s deepest and most sincere wish to peacefully resolve all outstanding matters between South Sudan and Sudan, from which it separated. We do not harbor bitterness, he said, with our former compatriots. He added that after many years of war, South Sudan wants to be a force for peace in its region.

“With this in mind, we urge our brothers in Ethiopia and Eritrea to resolve their differences peacefully and amicably. We appeal to our brothers and sisters in Somalia to seek lasting peace and we salute all those who are working to build democracy and the rule of law from the ground up. We encourage all countries in the region to come together to eradicate the scourge of the Lord’s Resistance Army. We will also join our regional partners and the rest of the world in the fight against terrorism,” Machar said.

Sudan’s representative at the United Nations, Daffa-Alla Elhag Ali Osman, congratulated South Sudan on its U.N. membership and spoke of solidarity, cooperation and coordination between the two countries for the well-being of their two peoples.

Rwanda’s representative to the United Nations, Eugene-Richard Gasana, speaking for the African group of nations at the U.N., said South Sudan faces enormous challenges. He hoped that South Sudan and Sudan will soon settle their outstanding issues on the implementation of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement - known as the CPA - signed in 2005 to end Sudan’s 21-year civil war.

”Those issues are particularly cessation of hostilities and political settlement in South Kordofan, the final status of Abyei in accordance with the CPA, the demarcation of the north-south boundary as well as well as political consultation on Blue Nile,” Gasana said.

United States U.N. representative Susan Rice said the independence of South Sudan is a testament to its people and also an inspiration to all who yearn for freedom.

“Your statehood is new, but your friendship is not. The bonds between the American people and the people of South Sudan go back many decades. The United States will remain a steadfast friend as South Sudan works to pursue peace, to strengthen its democracy and provide opportunity and prosperity to all its citizens,” Rice said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said it is imperative that South Sudan and Sudan resolve their outstanding differences with the same pragmatism and leadership that they have shown so far. The two countries, he went on, must see a future as true partners, not rivals.

Can't really have a credible, serious conversation with someone in this forum (Nceegvaj) who insists on the following:

""HMONG mas ruam tshaj li lawm os...cas tsis muaj qho muag ua neeg zoo li laud...dhuav dhau lawm os ntshe yuav mus yuav mab suav and thiaj tsis pom lawm laud."

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
The UN does not approve territories to be sovereigns or nations. It is when nations have already become sovereigns that nations must then petition to be members of the UN. Laos is on its way to membership there, passing the first stage. One more stage and Laos becomes a UN member.

For the Hmong to be a member of the UN, the Hmong must first establish nation-hood or sovereignty. Once that's done, then we  petition to join the UN. Without being a nation first, we will never become a UN member.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

sammyxiong

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »
The UN does not approve territories to be sovereigns or nations. It is when nations have already become sovereigns that nations must then petition to be members of the UN. Laos is on its way to membership there, passing the first stage. One more stage and Laos becomes a UN member.

For the Hmong to be a member of the UN, the Hmong must first establish nation-hood or sovereignty. Once that's done, then we  petition to join the UN. Without being a nation first, we will never become a UN member.

In other words, fight and win a war, and claim a piece of land, and able to hold it and defend it for a long period of time.

NceegVaj

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »
Can't really have a credible, serious conversation with someone in this forum (Nceegvaj) who insists on the following:

""HMONG mas ruam tshaj li lawm os...cas tsis muaj qho muag ua neeg zoo li laud...dhuav dhau lawm os ntshe yuav mus yuav mab suav and thiaj tsis pom lawm laud."

What? You still the best self-fukker I know.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »
In other words, fight and win a war, and claim a piece of land, and able to hold it and defend it for a long period of time.

Yup. Then petition to join the UN.  

I'm serious. Many people don't understand this. They keep thinking the UN approves people to become nations. No. It cannot do that and it does not do that.

"...

NceegVaj

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »

You are correct.  Hmongland is not impossible but not in my lifetime.  What did the UN laws says about a person living in  certain area for more than 15 years? En masses that with smartness, toughness, persistence, and I believe we can work our way.

NceegVaj

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »
Yup. Then petition to join the UN.  

I'm serious. Many people don't understand this. They keep thinking the UN approves people to become nations. No. It cannot do that and it does not do that.

I haven't seen anyone just go to UN and say we want a land.  I believe there's people working on why they claim where they belong and working with others internationall y to proxy people to live there.  Eventually there will be a war and if we win ....potentiall y that is a start.  The only way to predict the future is to start creating it....sit back does very little.

NceegVaj

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »

That is the first step.  I believe we, Hmong, are the same as others.  We just need to evolve...which is not happening in your and mine lifetime.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:27:24 PM by Reporter »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 03:43:03 PM »
That is the first step.  I believe we, Hmong, are the same as others.  We just need to evolve...which is not happening in your and mine lifetime.

Evolve in the mind or in the heart?

"...

NceegVaj

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »
Evolve in the mind or in the heart?

Well, evolve as a people (grow-out of chopping each other) that needs to go up, down a little, then stable....I don't know where we are at but I would say we're just rising up the valley. Btw, I don't think we chopped each other more or less than other people. 

Mind, heart,  does it matter?  Relative to years of clan feuds, kings, queens, hardship, don't you agree our generation has evolved even just a bit?  Certainly, I know I don't act 100% like the OGs.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »
Well, evolve as a people (grow-out of chopping each other) that needs to go up, down a little, then stable....I don't know where we are at but I would say we're just rising up the valley. Btw, I don't think we chopped each other more or less than other people. 

Mind, heart,  does it matter?  Relative to years of clan feuds, kings, queens, hardship, don't you agree our generation has evolved even just a bit?  Certainly, I know I don't act 100% like the OGs.

Ah, I see...we need one brave soul to overcome all of these obstacles. One soul but must be a brave one.

"...

sammyxiong

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 08:45:51 PM »
I haven't seen anyone just go to UN and say we want a land.  I believe there's people working on why they claim where they belong and working with others internationall y to proxy people to live there.  Eventually there will be a war and if we win ....potentiall y that is a start.  The only way to predict the future is to start creating it....sit back does very little.

That's right, sitting back does very little. And acting and behaving like Nceegvaj in these "serious" and "professional" threads not only achieves NOTHING, but actually CREATES a reality that some in our community intentionally, and with malice, continue to make a complete mockery of our people, and these discussions.

sammyxiong

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
That is the first step.  I believe we, Hmong, are the same as others.  We just need to evolve...which is not happening in your and mine lifetime.

If you really believe that we, Hmong, are the same as others, then don't go around trashing our people, such as, "HMONG mas ruam tshaj li lawm os...cas tsis muaj qho muag ua neeg zoo li laud...dhuav dhau lawm os ntshe yuav mus yuav mab suav and thiaj tsis pom lawm laud."

If you really believe that we, Hmong, are the same as others, then why do we need to evolve, while others have fully evolved?

A generation ago, Hmong couldn't fathom or describe what its like to live without fear and persecution, to live and work and play as they wish in a land they hardly knew, or hold a U.S. passport, or say what they wish without the fear of being jailed without reason or trial, or tortured or killed. Now, within a short 3 decades, we have YOU, Nceegvaj, that's quite a bit of evolving, don't you think? Unless you truly haven't evolved at all, and still in your original state!?

Make some sense. That way, the discussion here will make more sense.

sammyxiong

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:08 PM »

Just by the amount of chopping you've done in this forum alone, Nceegvaj, you "don't think we chopped each other more or less than other people?" Perhaps so, perhaps not. Do you think we can "evolve" from all that chopping that you're so good at? Will you help in this "evolution"?

I know you don't act 100% like the OGs, does this mean you act 99%, 50%, 10% like the OGs?

Advertisements