Advertisement

Author Topic: What type of SmartPhone you have and why?  (Read 6613 times)

NceegVaj

What type of SmartPhone you have and why?
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
I am in the process of replacing my phone because my contract is due up.  I need a phone that can do the following:

-Surf and able to play flash videos on almost any site, not just youtube.com.  I mean places like yukou.com, and hulu.com

-Be able to RDP or VNC to a corporate network

-Text with Qwerty keyboard

Do you know which one?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

NceegVaj

Re: What type of SmartPhone you have and why?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 03:23:02 PM »
- iPhone's do not, and will not support flash. Microsoft Phone devices do not support flash yet, but plan to. Most Android phones support flash, but it's still not perfect.

- iPhone and Android phones should support RDP/VNC, not sure about Microsoft Phone devices, but I'm sure they will.

- Qwerty keyboard should be supported by all three. Unless you mean an actual physical keyboard, which iPhone would not have, but Android and Microsoft Phone devices would.

A big question to ask is which network are you planning to be with? Things to consider. Verizon has the most coverage, but pricey. AT&T is pricey, with decent coverage. Sprint's prices are decent, ok coverage. T-Mobile's prices are decent also, but coverage sucks. Depending where you are of course. Here in the Twin Cities, I would not recommend T-Mobile. T-Mobile and AT&T allow simultaneous Internet while Talking, Sprint and Verizon do not (yet until 4G is fully supported on all devices). Data-wise, Sprint is true unlimited data, so no overage charges. T-Mobile has no overage charges on their "unlimited" data also, but they do throttle (slow down) your connection once you hit 2GB of data that month, I think T-Mobile is moving to tiered Data plans now too. AT&T and Verizon have tiered Data plans, which means you pick how much your limit is and pay accordingly. Pretty costly.

Hope this helps.

cool. thx.

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
Sprint is unlimited 4G and limited 3G and 4G coverage isn't good.

Sites like Hulu won't work on smartphones since they want u to pay for the app

narc

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:14:54 PM »
Sprint is unlimited 4G and limited 3G and 4G coverage isn't good.

Sites like Hulu won't work on smartphones since they want u to pay for the app

You must be smoking crack. 3G is also unlimited.  I should know because I'm with sprint and have went over the 5gb myth that people like you are horse fed.

narc

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 06:17:24 PM »
As for hulu there's a hack for android phones.

N`Chync

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 06:42:51 PM »
You must be smoking crack. 3G is also unlimited.  I should know because I'm with sprint and have went over the 5gb myth that people like you are horse fed.

" Sprint is now the only carrier that isn't placing any limits on use of its 4G network, based on the WiMAX mobile broadband standard. Sprint CEO Dan Hesse has consistently said that Sprint and its partners at Clearwire have a strong enough combined spectrum portfolio to offer users unlimited mobile data without capping what they use. He has also said that the company could keep its plans unlimited by charging more if it eventually found that customers were consuming more data than the carrier could handle. Sprint still maintains a 5GB data cap for data consumed on its 3G EV-DO Rev. A network, however."

LoL Next ur gonna tell me I'm wrong when I say 4G LTE is faster than Sprint's 4G WiMax lol. But some people get charged and some don't. I know people on sprint and Verizon who have and havent been charged. I'm with AT&T and I don't get charged for tethering while others have. I'm just giving the right answers cuz not everyone is tech smart or wants to hack their phone.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:51:21 PM by N`Chync »

narc

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »
Stick to the topic and quit ranting away at other things that doesn't pertain to the subject of 3G. Only kids or illiterate people are impress by your plagiarizing mobile know how. Yes LTE is faster than Wimax. Wtf do you think Sprint made a deal with lightsquared? Did I say anything about Wimax being faster? Again, 3G is unlimited. So unless you experience it yourself, quit quoting things off the web (like you normally do).

N`Chync

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 04:07:37 AM »
I'm grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan on AT&T and before they went to the tiered pricing people were on both sides saying AT&T charged for usin too much data while some were free to use. I myself never got charged and I use 30 GB at minimum. Even grung a power user back the I still told new smartphones what to watch out for. 5 GB has been the set cap but many go over and are fine while others won't agree.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
I use the sprint evo, 4g. Lol but i rarely use the 4g..
Ok 4g is not really out there.. one place i get 4g is u of m, edina, and new hope. Maybe st. Paul on some spots.. and 4g dros a lot.. so i don't use it... Anyways this phone starts to pizz me off.. alot of prob(s).. but before it ran fine..
Up till i updated and the phones been crap... And android sucks. My phone reboots its self. Some time i open some app and after i've done... It reboots like loading..IDK if i wanna get the i phong 5 on sprint..

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »
I got an iphone4.  I have it b/c I have very good friends with excellent connections and I'm thankful to say it's the most useful gadget in my arsenal to date. 

MilesDaddy

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »

" Sprint is now the only carrier that isn't placing any limits on use of its 4G network, based on the WiMAX mobile broadband standard. Sprint CEO Dan Hesse has consistently said that Sprint and its partners at Clearwire have a strong enough combined spectrum portfolio to offer users unlimited mobile data without capping what they use. He has also said that the company could keep its plans unlimited by charging more if it eventually found that customers were consuming more data than the carrier could handle. Sprint still maintains a 5GB data cap for data consumed on its 3G EV-DO Rev. A network, however."

LoL Next ur gonna tell me I'm wrong when I say 4G LTE is faster than Sprint's 4G WiMax lol. But some people get charged and some don't. I know people on sprint and Verizon who have and havent been charged. I'm with AT&T and I don't get charged for tethering while others have. I'm just giving the right answers cuz not everyone is tech smart or wants to hack their phone.
what's the good in free what ever if you have no signal.. I hate Sprint and their reception.... I have 3GS phonr from At&T. I get 19% discount through my company... and I use a 3g phone because it was $50 bucks

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »
I dont think I want to spend my days looking and typing into a phone.

Going outside into the nice sunnie day just to sit down and stare into your phone.  What kinda outdoor life is that??!!?!?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 05:50:33 PM »
I have a Samsung Charge powered by Android and has 4G LTE.

So far I'm very impressed with the 4G LTE speeds.  Its definitely fast from my point of view compared to 3GS.  However I am annoyed that sometimes it crashes when switching between 3G and 4G.  As for Android, it supports all the things the OP requested, but it has its own set of bugs.  My phone crashes periodically and there are times I have to reboot it.  I'm not sure if its the 4G that causes it to crash as most of the crashes happen when I am on the internet...but other than that, I'm very impressed with it and I also like the customization and widgets that come with it.  Overall I think its a good investment even though battery life is pretty lame on this phone.  Originally I thought about getting an Iphone, but my coworker hates it so much that he convinced me to get an Andriod.  Both OS have their own sets of issues.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 03:01:17 PM »
That's why i like and dis like about 4g is, it's not out there yet.. Only a few spot has 4g.
I have problem with 4g. I lose the signal. Then my phone stop working on the net... Then i have to turn 3g back on...uuurrr, so i just use 3g instead of 4g.. and when i'm at home i just turn wi fi on. Lol.

N`Chync

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »
If only Verizon and Sprint would of upgraded their 3G along with with 4G so the dropoff wouldn't be so big. LTE is amazinge when u get it.

Advertisements