Advertisement

Author Topic: Haiku = (hais [lus] kub) = poetry  (Read 1210 times)

population1

Haiku = (hais [lus] kub) = poetry
« on: August 03, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »
So, does anyone have any Haiku's to share? Brief history, Haiku's are very simple and subtle poetry proses unlike many western or old english poetry. It is also unlike modern western poetry. The relation between Hmong culture and Japanese culture are intertwined with eachother just as much as with Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese, and Mongolia. Still, Japanese has inherited some very alike culture, language (word usage), and practices. Japanese historians have traced back their roots to ancient times in Asia and have proclaimed descendants of Miao. I feel in their hearts, as well as with many other Asian ethnicity/nationalities that we have very much in common (shared values) and even of origin (like Chi You is tied with many other Chinese and Koreans).

I personally don't have any poems to share. I did write many poems, but I have ridden all of it 'cause I've been ill (not life threatening).

There are several forms or conjugates in Haiku, which varies, but still holds stanza and prose. One example, of my own personal work:

There is a song that is called,
'Talk to me when we are in love'

There is a world I belong
It is the world I see,
When I look deep...
Into your eyes

And if you cannot tell me everything,
Then a kiss... even when so gently --
My lips touch your lips

(I had to use a video to "inspire" me into writing one which is
)

Like this post: 0