Advertisement

Author Topic: who agrees with me  (Read 2667 times)

sexymomma

who agrees with me
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:56:30 PM »
 hmong funeral are scary?? even though i like attending hmong funeral i think hmong funeral are scary. but,  its always something new to learn about our hmong culture eh.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Gawmp

Re: who agrees with me
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 02:58:17 PM »
Please elaborate as to what it is that makes it scary to you?

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »
some ntshai, ntshais "scare, scare" of the drum and qeej.
at a christian funeral, i too 'scare, scare' of the 'helluva god songs'.

maybe i'm just scared because i haven't been to a funeral or scared to understand the hmong church way or the hmong animism way of mourning the dead.

understand death, then you can live life.

if you're really a chicken at a hmong animism funeral, look at it this way. if the dead happens to cause you death. your spirit will rise and be in the same spirit realm as it. you can then beat the shit out of it and scare him with your bad self. as humans, you can hurt him. in death, you can hurt him.

so why be scare?

hmongperson

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:40:13 PM »
Think of it this way, if it was someone you loved or cared about would you still be scared?

SV1985

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »
u sound like a fat person

hmongperson

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:00:57 AM »
sexymomma

I used to have ignorant thoughts regarding the ritual behind traditional hmong funeral. It wasn't until I experience first hand due to my grandfather's passing that I realize how beautiful and profound the whole ritual was.

Well said.

Qau

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
sexymomma

I used to have ignorant thoughts regarding the ritual behind traditional hmong funeral. It wasn't until I experience first hand due to my grandfather's passing that I realize how beautiful and profound the whole ritual was.

Even more profound when you know and learned the rituals.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »
Would it be less scary if we practiced cremation?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

yuknowthat

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 11:18:32 PM »
sexymomma

it's beautiful and profound depends on who is taking parts of the it...ua thau zoo..some dont care.

morninglory

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
I used to be scare too, until my little brother passed away. I was so interested in the rituals I didn't think about being scare at all. Before the txiv qeej blow ib zaj qeej, he tells us what it's for. One is for him to climb onto the horse, one is for him to put his shoes on since he is going to have to go through giant caterpillars.. .we gave him an umbrella, bow and arrow, and a chicken to hold when he ride his horse. I feel so relief knowing that my little brother is very well guided into the other world. I can picture him riding his horse.

Advertisements