Advertisement

Author Topic: At a funeral.. Is there such a thing as mag coj pais by the dead?  (Read 5198 times)

TSAV PIB PIB

At a funeral.. Is there such a thing as mag coj pais by the dead?
« on: September 14, 2011, 07:07:52 PM »
I've heard that there are certain clans that at a funeral.. the dead has a habit of taking a living person with them and if they don't or are unable to..it's harder for them to leave?  there's a word for this, at the moment it's not coming to me.. but I was told that it's possible.. That at this one certain funeral for this dead person... someone unexpectately dies. and they say that it was the dead person come to take someone to be his/her partner in the after life..
It's kinda spooky.. but I wonder if its true..

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: At a funeral.. Is there such a thing as mag coj pais by the dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »
I've heard that there are certain clans that at a funeral.. the dead has a habit of taking a living person with them and if they don't or are unable to..it's harder for them to leave?  there's a word for this, at the moment it's not coming to me.. but I was told that it's possible.. That at this one certain funeral for this dead person... someone unexpectately dies. and they say that it was the dead person come to take someone to be his/her partner in the after life..
It's kinda spooky.. but I wonder if its true..

Coj is the word then. But I didn't know that happens that quickly. There have been cases where the dead would come back to take the living but only long after the funeral is already over, not right at the funeral.  How can a dead at the funeral take anyone else when he/she isn't completely anointed as a dead spirit yet? lol... And these coj cases happen mostly just between lovers who have shared finger blood, right? Right.

Vroom!!!

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

yuknowthat

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »
one case could be -hau ntshav tes
another case could be-the one that's been deceased kept taking the wise ones with them one after another because of the past problems one of the family member have cause whether it's npav dej npav taws ua dej dab haus, npav ntuj npav teb for some small issues between family and other people around the community in the village, ua tub sab tub nyiag and they got murder  or they murder someone...coj mus hais plaub, is what elders have said..because everytime you see some who is smart and wise , they don't live long..

TSAV PIB PIB

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:59:15 PM »
Coj is the word then. But I didn't know that happens that quickly. There have been cases where the dead would come back to take the living but only long after the funeral is already over, not right at the funeral.  How can a dead at the funeral take anyone else when he/she isn't completely anointed as a dead spirit yet? lol... And these coj cases happen mostly just between lovers who have shared finger blood, right? Right.

Vroom!!!
that is the word.. but there's another word I am looking for.. but it is said that there are clan's that yeej ib txwm coj le no.  lawd pab pawg neeg no yeej ib txwm coj li no thaum ub los.. thaum muaj ib tug xiam and ua funeral for tu neeg ntawv, yeej always happen that there's always someone that dies tragically at their funeral..

Venuz

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:54:21 PM »
That sounds creepy  :-X

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »
that is the word.. but there's another word I am looking for.. but it is said that there are clan's that yeej ib txwm coj le no.  lawd pab pawg neeg no yeej ib txwm coj li no thaum ub los.. thaum muaj ib tug xiam and ua funeral for tu neeg ntawv, yeej always happen that there's always someone that dies tragically at their funeral..

Yuj is the word you are looking for then.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Amara

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »
Supposedly, this happened to a friend of my brother. Back in the early 1990s they were part of a group of young boys and men who played the qeej at funerals. At one such funeral, the friend was performing and passed out but the elders there were able to make him come to. However, a week later the same friend passed out at school and died. Cause of death was never determined. Some say the spirit of the deceased tried taking him during the funeral but was unsuccessful so the spirit came back for him a second time and finally got him.

TSAV PIB PIB

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:51:06 PM »
Yuj is the word you are looking for then.
I think so. hmmmm. but somehow it's elueded me.. but I think it's that word.

shesaid

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 05:33:07 PM »
is that what they said it was or is?  Did anyone ask if the one that's living is from the same clan...not so much same clan, but same last name?

TSAV PIB PIB

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »
is that what they said it was or is?  Did anyone ask if the one that's living is from the same clan...not so much same clan, but same last name?
they said that it's the clan.. they said that his wife died and another dude from out of town died at her funeral.. It's like a random choosing.. it can happen to anyone.. just our luck it happened to one of our family

shesaid

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 12:00:30 AM »
they said that it's the clan.. they said that his wife died and another dude from out of town died at her funeral.. It's like a random choosing.. it can happen to anyone.. just our luck it happened to one of our family

kuv hais tus uas mag coj lawm hos b/c the first guy that died during the wife's funeral was a Hmong Vue and then during the husband's funeral that happened to her and she's a Vue too. Maybe it was just a coincidence in this case? Did any of the OGs talk about it or discuss it more during her funeral?

TSAV PIB PIB

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »
kuv hais tus uas mag coj lawm hos b/c the first guy that died during the wife's funeral was a Hmong Vue and then during the husband's funeral that happened to her and she's a Vue too. Maybe it was just a coincidence in this case? Did any of the OGs talk about it or discuss it more during her funeral?
i think it was just coicident like u said.. but no one really talks about it.. or I just haven't been around any og's to hear them talk about it.. u know too busy helping about to sit with og's.. and it's our funeral so if I was sitting around doing nothing.. my husband would be hearing our uncles lecture about having a lazy wife. no cool

GoldFishFighting

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »
qeej players n txiv coj ke could happen n has happened thus not easy being those two helpers but the satistfy of being able to help ouy during such time out weights the cost even though sometimes sickness to death...

Advertisements