Advertisement

Author Topic: sleep paralysis vs getting sat on  (Read 19632 times)

monster

sleep paralysis vs getting sat on
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:10:25 AM »
So I have been reading this wesite my sister got me on and came upon this discussion about sleep paralysis.  This stuff is scary what some of these people experience and reminds me a lot of people's discussion of when they get sat on.  Here are some I will share from the site.

Sleep paralysis is crazy isn't it?

I've had experiences that varied from seeing weird objects, shadows, and I've even heard sounds. Scariest hallucination I have experienced was when I woke up with my feet elevated above my head (probably a hallucination, but damn the pain felt real) and seeing a dark figure in front of me. I went weeks thinking that I was possessed or something of that sort. Then there are those odd times where I've hallucinated family members in my room, or people standing looking at me through the crack of my partially closed door.

People usually would consider seeing objects the scariest, but I think sounds are just as creepy. The hands down creepiest sound I heard while in sleep paralysis was children laughing. What. The. duck. It was hard for me to be too frightened considering I was very tired, but thinking about it later freaked me out. One time I took an afternoon nap and began to hear salsa music coming from one corner of the room. And just a couple of days ago I took another afternoon nap and heard banging and glass breaking, but I was the only one home.

And a pro-tip for those who are having problems with sleep paralysis: do not sleep on your back. For some reason sleeping on your back induces sleep paralysis much more. I never sleep on my back now (other than a couple of days ago) and haven't had any problems with sleep paralysis anymore.

Fu**** sleep paralysis...th at'll be the death of us all who get it, I swear. It's nothing short of being buried alive, honestly...... ..terrifying.

I've had the sheets/blankets pushed down tight around me once while laying on my back and could actually HEAR the mattress making noise as I was being pushed down into it.

I've had menacing dark figures in the corner of the room just out of eyesight while waking with sleep paralysis while sleeping on my side/belly.

Moving my finger, or even once just thinking of moving my eye until it moved, has helped me to break the fu** out of it.

I think there's some dark shit behind sleep paralysis....n ot buying that R.E.M. mumbo-jumbo

If anyone wants to read more on it you can go to:  http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/kg2qj/iama_guy_who_has_experienced_sleep_paralysis/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Roc

Re: sleep paralysis vs getting sat on
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:30:02 AM »
I've heard in my psychology class that both sleep paralysis and sleep apnea can be linked into a thaimine deficiency that many asians have because of our diets. This happens in all cultures which eat rice as their main staple, including, hawaii to the phillipines, SE asia and china etc etc. If you notice, it is these cultures which experience sleep paralysis the most. Experiences vary from person to person though. For me, I get it the most when I wake up from deep sleeping and for some reason didnt fully waken. I always feel like I see the room (although my mind can easily create that) and I think that I can talk or move. I wake up by concentrating really hard to move my head. I'm usually not scared but sometimes I get the feeling that I can't get out of it and have to remind myself to calm down and concentrate my energy into moving my head. Good luck guys! Oh and there's a blue ribbon rice that supplies thiamine now but it doesnt taste that good, try to find it at costco if you keep getting sat on. It doesn't hurt to try (or take vitamins).

rambo

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »
theres a video on youtube about sleep paralysis .. its pretty interesting and they way how they depicted about it is pretty creepy .. makes you think more than twice when youre falling asleep on your bed .. i think it is called "sleep paralysis part 1-5"
first clip should show an old lady witch look a like sitting on top of one of the victim .. check it out when ya have the time too ..

yes

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »
 I was just discussing this last night with a buddy. Very scary.

bossymum

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
sleep paralysis-- i hate that stuff. I remember the first time i experienced it, i was only 13. It scared the living sh!t out of me to the point where i was so scared to go back to sleep that i forced myself to stay awake til morning came and weariness took over and i finally slept. Then, i learned what it was (not ghosts that sits on you) and why we have it. I'm not gonna lie, even here and there i'll get scared when it happens but when i remind myself that it's just my mind that's doing it, I'll break free and become less scared and more calm.

One time i was sleeping in my parents' room when it happened. I can hear the coins on hmong clothes clanging with eachother. My eyes were open but when i looked around...nothi ng was there yet my body was still in numb-mode. Another time, i had an incident where an old lady was hunch over by my right leg with a shaw over her head. She was rocking back and forth while blowing air onto my right leg. I could feel it, it scared me, i close my eyes and open it again and she was still there. Until I calmed down, the paralysis ended and she was gone.

I dont know why the scariest sh!t happens out of hallucination when it comes to sleep paralysis.

morninglory

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 02:49:40 AM »
It happened to me too. I see the most scariest things...littl e boys with no eyes, someone biting my arms with no teeth...i wish to never experience it again. It is terrifying. It ia like veing buried alive.

SeattleLite

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
Sleeping on your stomach wont deter casper. Dont ask how i know.

sunsets

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 10:15:18 AM »
See, I've been "sat" on before as well but the thing is that I've never encountered what others have when they are being "sat" on.

I've heard that they usually see a black shadow come before them, all of a sudden they get sleepy and they get "sat" on.

I have yet to see any dark shadows in the past when I was "sat" on, I finally saw something on t.v. regarding sleep paralysis and I'm starting to think that maybe what I've experienced was simply that--sleep paralysis.

mommabear

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
pray.. it truly helps.. O0 O0 O0

sunsets

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »

population1

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 10:47:56 AM »
to the op, that stuff got me cracking up. I can just imagine the reaction of a novice saying that stuff for the first time. sleep paralysis may seem a common thing in Asian cultures, but I still don't believe all the stuff about our diet being the cause of it. very healthy people (Asian or non-Asian) get it too. put it simply, many westerners get sleep paralysis that they don't care to bring up or they may say it's some other stuff and so on. I've had sleep paralysis before, too; although it's more of a fight out of it using pure physical strength rather than lack of concentration (or use of the mind, which is kind of already in a compromised state). anything goes I guess. the human psyche + sleep = dreams = sleep paralysis = nightmares = hallucinations . the mind, when in the sleep state, clocks in at a rate/frequency subpar, below marginal (in terms of aptitude and magnitude in contingency with normal wake cycle conscience patterns, even) idleness that thoughts rely on networks, which the mind have to fall back on as memory stored in these [neural] networks, where (quite fragile in the sleep state may be altered or induced in many experimental ways, even), relativity, according to that particular person's life experiences, imaginations, and attitudes draws out those types of figures. just food for thoughts.

population1

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 01:49:17 PM »
Its bad energy.  Pray before bed time.  Live well, live spiritually strong and healthy.  O0

indeed, as I've also noted in one of my former posts. energy would be of some part.

IB THIAB NEEJ

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 01:43:08 AM »
or is it??
'could be. It stopped happening to me ever since I moved out of my parent's house.

population1

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »
mind you, the enclosure you put yourself in may be nothing other than an open door for those dab's. go lone ranger next time, and know your environment well. (then, follow up with a shaman if all else fails.)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
Dude they are the same.. wat you ameeka calls it. Sleep watever..
Ameeka is scare of the unkown..

Advertisements