Advertisement

Author Topic: The unread letter(s)  (Read 64 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
The unread letter(s)
« on: April 15, 2024, 11:59:50 AM »
They say that journaling is the first step to healing. In this thread, write a letter or give your piece of mind to a situation that made you feel a type of way.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 12:09:15 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Deliciously Happy

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The unread letter(s)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 08:41:49 PM »
Dear Once Upon a Summer Dream,

I never kissed or even hugged the first girl that burned a passionate and lasting hole in my heart. I met a girl a long time on the last night of the party during the 4th of July a long time ago. She came out of state and I live in Minnesota. After a few slow dances, I said she should come back next year. She said, why don't we write. A few days later, some of my friends said that they saw her at Humboldt High school with her cousins. I figured she and her cousins walked there so I went to the public housing nearby and looked for a WA state vehicle, and I found her and spent an afternoon with her and her cousins.

I told her that I would come back another day, if I could get a hug.  I was 15 years old, and was not comfortable asking for more. She followed me to the bus stop and I asked her to go back, which she did. Later on, she said she wanted to hug me then, but I was walking too fast. I never made it back because the day she left, I was out on the farm working. When I got home, my mom told me a girl called me 7 times that day.

In her first letter to me, she said, "I love you and misses you very much." We wrote each other for a year, and, all that time, I hope she would return to Minnesota. She never returned, at least in time. I still can remember the pain that little boy felt due to wanting something so much. We broke up or she ask that we break up, and what can I say. but had to agree and set her free.  When she finally graduated from high school, she wrote me to ask if I am still available. Unfortunately, at the time I was dating my future ex-wife. She soon found a very handsome and loving man and married as well, and is still happily married.

I am reminded of the quote from the movie 'Field of Dreams' that goes "We just don't recognize life's most significant moments while they're happening. Back then I thought, "Well, there'll be other days." I didn't realize that that was the only day."

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 07:37:09 AM by Deliciously Happy »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: The unread letter(s)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 08:32:57 PM »
Dear Ghost of the Past,

I can't un-see what I saw. I can't un-hear what I heard. I can't un-feel what I felt. I prayed to God about it and He showed me that we are unequally yoked. You have offended me to the core and it killed the way that I saw you.     

Advertisements