Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 420307 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #390 on: March 21, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
I was jogging today and reflecting on a very strong emotional dream I had 15 years ago.  Why was it so emotional strong?  How can overcome it or how can I view it in a more constructive light?

And I finally have answer after all these years.....I gave myself permission, through my subconscious mind, to experience it so strongly.  I will not reflect so strongly on things in my past anymore.  My past is for learning and nothing more.  It is a tool for survival and growth, which is my purpose here.  I will not dwell, long for, or fear anything in my past, but live for each day to build for a better tomorrow. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #391 on: March 21, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »
I saw this funny "truth" on facebook about guitars.

http://www.dailydawdle.com/2011/10/funny-guitars-thats-exactly-how-they.html

Ajax616

« Reply #392 on: March 21, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »
Thank you Jenny for your help..... I hope we both find what we're looking for.

Ajax616

« Reply #393 on: March 21, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
No matter how well I do in the future, I want to always remember this trying and special time in life.  It is this uncertain time that I was able to reach inside and ask what do I really want.  Thank you for making me pause to find myself on my way to everlasting happiness.

Ajax616

« Reply #394 on: March 21, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »
Over the weekend, I suddenly found myself distracted with negative thoughts of whats in it for me?  Then suddenly I realized that I have to turn the thoughts around, by asking what it is I would want for the other people involved?  What I would want is their happiness..... So therefore their happiness is more important than mine and what I can do to make their situation a little better?

Ajax616

« Reply #395 on: March 22, 2012, 06:52:47 AM »
Sometimes I think I could be "curve fitting" or "Smooth fitting" my system to make it very nice and neat.  However, I don't think that is the case.  I arrived at my system intuitively and then proceeded to develop and test my system.  That is where I am at, and not the other around.

My system was develop from intuition (BB), and not through curve fitting.

Ajax616

« Reply #396 on: March 22, 2012, 07:32:51 AM »
The Front page on Yahoo Finance says,

Global Economy Fears Stalk Markets
AP

A run of poor economic figures weighed on markets Thursday in what is turning out to be one of the worst weeks for stocks this year.

It makes you almost think that the market will be down over 200 points.  However the Dow is projected down 68 points, NASD -13, and SPX -8.

They either have drama writers at yahoo or they are trying to influence the market.  Why?  Because with the recent run up, we are still trending up very much, and one would expect any retracement as well.  I have to stop paying to the dramatic titles here at Yahoo finance or anywhere else and keep to my methodology and plan.

Ajax616

« Reply #397 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
You taught me to focus so much on myself, because you focused so much on yourself.  You wanted attention for every little thing that you do.  Sometimes you want it so bad that you would take it away from others and little childish games.

I no longer feel that is the right path and I do not share your beliefs, therefore I will do what it takes to stay away from that.   Thank you for teaching me, finally, that what we see isn't always the right path to take.

Ajax616

« Reply #398 on: March 22, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
I think I spent too much money on the herbalife product for myself to try.  The reason I did so is that I know how it will work before actually convincing others.

I don't think most people will want to spend that kind of money, not to mention actually following through with the discipline which is the more difficult part.

I will try it for a month and see if I see any results.  If I do not become a distributor, perhaps I can find some GNC products to supplement a nutrition idea similar to herbalife.

Yes, that became a little more than I thought I wanted to spend.  But I wanted to know and learn.

Ajax616

« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »
How do I weigh the market criteria at a stage like this......it is harder for me to give such a high rating......

Perhaps my rule of thumb should be would I buy the market SPY index right now?  And then proceed from there.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:40:12 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »
Three good things today.

1.  I execute my trading plan, exactly as tested on money management  rules and my entry
2.  I am absolute discipline to my trading rules on managing my live orders, managing my live positions, and my exit rules.
3.  I accomplished my daily home work....

Thank you for watching my thoughts today....

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:50:10 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
What licenses do you need to start or manage a hedge fund?

24 August, 2008 -
    Hedge Fund Questions and Answers -
    Tags : blue sky laws, broker-dealer, FINRA, Investment Advisers Act of 1940, NFA, Series 3, Series 63, series 65, Series 66, Series 7
    14 Comments

Question: What licenses do you need to start or manage a hedge fund?

Answer: This is a question that comes up quite often. Many people wonder whether they need a series 7 license or the series 65 license or the series 3 to manage a hedge fund. First, a potential hedge fund manager does not need to have a series 7 license in order to manager a hedge fund. The series 7 license is the general securities representative licese which allows an individual to be a representative (broker) of a FINRA registered member firm (brokerage firm or broker-dealer). The series 7 allows a representative to take and place trades for a customer. It is also a prerequisite for many of the other FINRA exams (such as the series 24). Because the hedge fund in not regulated as a broker, a hedge fund manager does not need to have a series 7 license (assuming that the manager is also concurrently acting as a broker-dealer representative).

Second, a start up hedge fund manager may need to have a series 65 license in order to become registered as an investment adviser. There are two potential ways a hedge fund manager would be required to register as an investment adviser – under the federal rules (the Investment Advisers Act of 1940) or under the various state rules (commonly referred to as the state blue sky laws). If a manager is required to register with the SEC under the Advisers Act* then, for federal purposes, the manager will not need to have taken the Series 65. However, the Advisers Act allows states to impose certain requirements on all federally registered investment advisers with a place of business in their state. Generally the states will require all federally registered investment advisers to “notice file” in their state which entails paying a fee to the state. The state can also require that all investment adviser representative s have the series 65 license. This means that anyone who talks to clients/investors or makes any trading decisions or analysis will need to have this license. The definition of investment adviser representative basically encompasses every employee or owner of the investment adviser other than secretary type employees. If you are a federally registered investment adviser you should discuss whether members of your team need to be licensed as representative s at the state level.

If you are not a federally registered investment adviser (generally all managers with less than 30 million of assets under management) then you will need to determine whether your management firm needs to be registered as an investment adviser at the state level. Many states require investment advisers with a place of business** in the state to register. Some popular states that require investment adviser registration are California, Texas, Washington and Colorado. However, there are many states which have exemptions from the registration requirements. Some popular states that have exemptions (through regulation or special order) from investment adviser registration for hedge fund managers are New York, Connecticut, Florida and Georgia. Again, you should speak with your legal counsel or compliance professional to determine whether your hedge fund management firm will need to be licensed as an investment adviser in the state.

Finally, if the hedge fund trades futures or commodities then the manager may need to be registered as a commodity pool operator with the National Futures Association. In order to register as a commodity pool operator at least one person at the management company will need to take the Series 3 exam. For more information on the Series 3 exam and this part of the registration process please read how to register as a CPO or CTA.

* Many potential hedge fund managers are confused with whether a management company will need to be registered as an investment adviser with the SEC. The answer is that in most cases a hedge fund manager will not have to be registered as an investment adviser with the SEC because of an exemption provision within the investment advisers act. Section 203(b)(3) of the Advisers Act specifically exempts from the registration provisions “any investment adviser who during the course of the preceding twelve months has had fewer than fifteen clients and who neither holds himself out generally to the public as an investment adviser nor acts as an investment adviser …” The term “client” in the hedge fund context means a “corporation, general partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company, trust …, or other legal organization … to which you provide investment advice based on its investment objectives rather than the individual investment objectives of its shareholders, partners, limited partners, members, or beneficiaries…”

This means that as long as a hedge fund manager will not need to count the investors in the hedge fund as his “client” and that the hedge fund itself is the only “client.” You will probably recall that a couple of years ago the SEC proposed a change to the rules under the Advisers Act that required a manager to count all of the investors in the hedge fund as clients. Under the proposed rule hedge fund managers would have been required register with the SEC (if they had at least $30 million under management), but Phillip Goldstein successfully challenged the SEC in court. His successful challenge to the rule change allows hedge fund managers to escape SEC regulation.

** “Place of business” of an investment adviser means: (1) An office at which the investment adviser regularly provides investment advisory services, solicits, meets with, or otherwise communicates with clients; and (2) Any other location that is held out to the general public as a location at which the investment adviser provides investment advisory services, solicits, meets with, or otherwise communicates with clients.

Ajax616

« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »
Did I oversold myself on the Herbalife and therefore missed out on reason, logic, and practicality.?

Ajax616

« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
“I discovered later, and I'm still discovering right up to this moment, that is it only by living completely in this world that one learns to have faith. By this-worldliness I mean living unreservedly in life's duties, problems, successes and failures. In so doing we throw ourselves completely into the arms of God, taking seriously, not our own sufferings, but those of God in the world. That, I think, is faith.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/29333.Dietrich_Bonhoeffer

Ajax616

« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2012, 06:19:05 AM »
SB,

I had a dream about you last night.  I guess it shows, how close we were at one point.

Advertisements