Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 433391 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #540 on: June 17, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »
What if the force of gravity is like speed, at extremes it changes into ways we could not yet understand.  Then Dark matter would not be needed.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #541 on: June 17, 2012, 10:19:11 PM »
If I keep blaming the World my situation, I could never grow one bit at all.

Ajax616

« Reply #542 on: June 17, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »
How to turn arrows into flowers?  "Everything is flowers."

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:21:48 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #543 on: June 17, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »
When I am uncomfortable in a situation, it only means that I have not practice enough or I am still thinking (too much) arrow and not flowers.  Therefore practice and rejoice in the situation.

Ajax616

« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »
The way is not in the Sky.  The way is the heart. - The Buddha

Ajax616

« Reply #545 on: June 19, 2012, 10:13:29 PM »
Did I get the results that I desired or wanted?  No

Did I make the absolute best effort I know how?  Yes, I did

Therefore my day is a smashing success, and keep on doing what I am doing every single day more to come.

Ajax616

« Reply #546 on: June 20, 2012, 09:43:35 PM »
This morning, I finally get why we invented the concept of heaven......it is an extension our desire to want to live on and survive (a desire necessary for survival).

Ajax616

« Reply #547 on: June 20, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »
Did I get all the results I wanted to day?  No

Did I give it all I have and did everything I wanted to do, including making logic decisions?  Yes

Then it's a successful day. :)

Ajax616

« Reply #548 on: June 24, 2012, 07:49:58 PM »
I am finding that I talking down other religions, especially those of love ones.  I am not so right in my beliefs.  It only works for me.  Just because it works for me and brings me peace of mind doesn't make it truth and correct.  One of my underlying principles is of love and compassion for others no matter what.  By simply criticizing others, I am already breaking this principle.  Therefore from now on, I will criticize others for own ego (to try to make others think I am so smart).  show love and kindness, instead of communicate for my ego. 

Ajax616

« Reply #549 on: June 24, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
Did I get the results I wanted?  Maybe maybe not.

Did I do all that I can, with kindness and compassion?  Not quite yet.

Did I hold my tongue and not act on anger?  yes

Did I do all that I needed to do, finish all my chores and show each step of the way?  Yes I did. 

Thank you for a great weekend then.

Ajax616

« Reply #550 on: June 24, 2012, 09:19:01 PM »
I heard this song over the weekend on XM radio.  For some reason its staying in my head.

Ajax616

« Reply #551 on: June 25, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »
We are so conditioned by our environments, starting with your looks.  You look the way you because you are similar to those that gave birth to you.  All the other things follow as well, including your definition of who you are. Unlearn every thing that's been forced fed into you from birth.  Break out of it and truly be who you want to be!!!!!

Ajax616

« Reply #552 on: June 25, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
Ryonen Clear Realization

The Buddhist nun known as Ryonen was born in 1797. She was a granddaughter of the famous Japanese warrior Shingen. Her poetical genius and alluring beauty were such that at seventeen she was serving the empress as one of the ladies of the court. Even at such a youthful age fame awaited her.

The beloved empress died suddenly and Ryonen's hopeful dreams vanished. She became acutely aware of the impermanency of life in this world. It was then that she desired to study Zen.

Her relatives disagreed, however, and practically forced her into marriage. With a promise that she might become a nun after she had borne three children, Ryonen assented. Before she was twenty-five she had accomplished this condition. Then her husband and relatives could no longer dissuade her from her desire. She shaved her head, took the name of Ryonen, which means to realize clearly, and started on her pilgrimage.

She came to the city of Edo and asked Tetsugyu to accept her as a disciple. At one glance the master rejected her because she was too beautiful.

Ryonen then went to another master, Hakuo. Hakuo refused her for the same reason, saying that her beauty would only make trouble.

Ryonen obtained a hot iron and placed it against her face. In a few moments her beauty had vanished forever.

Hakuo then accepted her as a disciple.

Commemorating this occasion, Ryonen wrote a poem on the back of a little mirror: In the service of my Empress I burned incense to     perfume my exquisite clothes Now as a homeless mendicant I burn my face to     enter a Zen temple.

When Ryonen was about to pass from this world, she wrote another poem: Sixty-six times have these eyes beheld the changing     scene of autumn I have said enough about moonlight, Ask no more. Only listen to the voice of pines

Ajax616

« Reply #553 on: June 25, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
Thank you my friend for showing us how to live.

Ajax616

« Reply #554 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »
When things in my life do work out the way that I wanted or expected it to, then I the gift of experience or of wisdom.  Therefore, I always receive something wonderful everyday.

Advertisements