Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 433608 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »
Trading isn't about being right or wrong.  It's a probability game.  - Mark Douglas

Train your mind to be absolute discipline and belief in your system.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »
When you give kindness, its not gone, its invested, and it will come back to you time and again. - Jim Rohn

Ajax616

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »
Zengetsu, a Chinese master of the T'ang dynasty, wrote the following advice for his pupils:
No Attachment to Dust

Living in the world yet not forming attachments to the dust of the world is the way of a true Zen student.

When witnessing the good action of another encourage yourself to follow his example. Hearing of the mistaken action of another, advise yourself not to emulate it.

Even though alone in a dark room, be as if you were facing a noble guest. Express your feelings, but become no more expressive than your true nature.

Poverty is your treasure. Never exchange it for an easy life.

A person may appear a fool and yet not be one. He may only be guarding his wisdom carefully.

Virtues are the fruit of self-discipline and do not drop from heaven of themselves as does rain or snow.

Modesty is the foundation of all virtues. Let your neighbors discover you before you make yourself known to them.

A noble heart never forces itself forward. Its words are as rare gems, seldom displayed and of great value.

To a sincere student, every day is a fortunate day. Time passes but he never lags behind. Neither glory nor shame can move him.

Censure yourself, never another. Do not discuss right and wrong.

Some things, though right, were considered wrong for generations. Since the value of righteousness may be recognized after centuries, there is no need to crave an immediate appreciation.

Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe. Pass each day in peaceful contemplation.

Ajax616

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
The New York Times has unmasked 80-year-old Cornell alum Charles F. Feeney as the anonymous donor who gave the school a $350 million donation to construct a new technology-based satellite campus on Roosevelt Island in New York City. Officials at The  Atlantic Philanthropies, the foundation started by Feeney in 1982, confirmed to the paper last night that he was the one who made the gift for the project, which is expected to generate an extra $1.4 billion in tax revenue for the city, plus 20,000 construction jobs and as many as 30,000 new jobs once the facility is up and running.
Related: Bloomberg Chooses Cornell to Make New York a Silicon Valley 2.0

Which leads to the inevitable question: who is this guy? To begin with, he's a very rich guy. He co-founded Duty Free Shoppers Group in the early 1960s, and sold his stake in the company to LVMH Moet Hennessy-Louis Vuitton for $2.47 billion in 1996. At the time, The Times noted Feeney's "net worth far exceeds the $975 million estimated by Forbes magazine." After the sale, The Times reported estimated that the proceeds, paired with other funds Feeney turned over to the foundation "left the charity with $3.5 billion, even after the $610 million that has already been distributed to charities."
Related: Strauss-Kahn Pins Defense on Datebook, Claim of Consent

To that point, he'd be donating anonymously, but it was Judith Miller of The New York Times who coaxed Feeney into discussing his donations with a member of the press for the first time in 1997, though he wouldn't pose for a picture.
Related: Bloggers Unite Against Drunken Puppy Shopping

In adidition to donating to universities and hospitals, Feeney told Miller that he's also made personal contributions to Sinn Fein, the IRA's political arm, worth up to $280,000, which made him the organization's biggest American donor (Feeny holds dual citizenship.) As of 1997, the foundation's largest grant was $30 million, a figure that Feeney has dwarfed in recent years. In 2009, he gave $125 million to build a new medical center for the University of California-San Francisco that would treat women, children, and cancer patients. Over the course of the last decade, he's given more than €46m to the University of Limerick in Ireland. Hs total donations for Cornell over the years -- not counting the latest $350 hit -- exceed $600 million.
Related: Inside the Miraculous Math of the 9/11 Memorial

Perhaps not surprisingly, he took the "Giving Pledge" created by Bill and Melinda Gates earlier this year, vowing to give away everything in the Atlantic Properties coffers by 2020. As Dealbook noted at the time, the rapid timetable illustrates Feeney's specific brand of philanthropy, which eschews trusts and foundations for what he calls "giving while living," in which the philanthropist's goal is to become flat broke before his own death.
Related: Wall Street Occupiers Fear Drummers Will Be Their Undoing

Nearly every profile makes note of how unimpressed Feeney is with what his wealth can buy him, noting that he flies coach, wears a $15 watch, and doesn't own a house or a car. When Miller asked him why he decided to give everything away, Feeney replied, "I simply decided I had enough money."

In 2007, when The New York Times convinced him to sit for a profile again, Jim Dwyer said, not inaccurately, that Feeney was "what Donald Trump would be if he led his life backward."

Ajax616

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
Philosophy

"I had one idea that never changed in my mind—that you should use your wealth to help people. I try to live a normal life, the way I grew up," Feeney said. "I set out to work hard, not to get rich."[5] A report explaining Feeney's "Giving While Living" approach to philanthropy and its lasting impact on the philanthropic community was issued by The Atlantic Philanthropies in 2010. It profiles Feeney as well as other philanthropist s who give in this manner and the impact of their grant-making.
[edit] Foundation

Feeney founded The Atlantic Philanthropies in 1982, and in 1984, having made provision for each of his children and for his first wife, as well as very modest provision for himself, transferred the bulk of his wealth to the foundation.

As of the end of 2009, AP has made grants totaling more than $5 billion since 1982 and plans to spend its remaining $4 billion endowment by 2017.[9] The Atlantic Philanthropies grant-making supports health and social projects in Australia, Bermuda, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United States and Viet Nam. It is one of the largest charitable donors in each of the countries in which it operates,[10] and is the single largest funder of ageing and of comprehensive immigration reform in the United States.[11][12][13]
[edit] Education

Feeney has been a major donor to his alma mater Cornell University, which has received over $950 million in direct and AP gifts, including an initially-anonymous donation of $350 million towards the New York Tech Campus[14]. He has also donated around $1 billion to education in Ireland, mostly to third-level institutions, most notably the University of Limerick,[1] and over $220 million to causes in Vietnam.
[edit] The Giving Pledge

In February 2011 Feeney became a signatory to The Giving Pledge.[15] In his letter to Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, the founders of The Giving Pledge, Feeney writes, "I cannot think of a more personally rewarding and appropriate use of wealth than to give while one is living - to personally devote oneself to meaningful efforts to improve the human condition. More importantly, today's needs are so great and varied that intelligent philanthropic support and positive interventions can have greater value and impact today than if they are delayed when the needs are greater."[16]
[edit] Books and articles

Feeney first went public about his philanthropy in 1997, in an article published by The New York Times;[4] at the time, he decided to end his anonymity when it became apparent that a dispute with Robert Miller, his former DFS partner, over the sale of DFS Group was likely to lead to a lawsuit that would reveal his donations anyway.[4]

Ajax616

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:04 AM »
Secret to profits: Touch something and leave it better than when you found it - Jim Rohn

Key to wealth:  spend 70 cents, 10 cents to charity, 10 cents to active capital, and 10 cents to passive capital.

Its okay to be rich, as long as its in the service of others, and not the expense.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:59:00 AM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »
I dreamed about you last night again.  It is funny that when I reflect on my memories with you, my most cherished memory was the day when I couldn't touch you at all.  I still remembered your confidence and your smell.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:57:33 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 07:58:45 PM »
Because of my rush into NFX, I couldn't bring myself to enter ALTR.  ALTR was the better pattern, and eventually the better performer.  There was no Trigger in NFX, and no Trigger at all.

NFX, not APKT

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:07:14 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2011, 09:05:47 PM »
1. Positive self determination
2. Self reliance
3. Self Discipline
4.  Self enterprising
5.  Work well with others
6.  Self appreciation

1.  Focus concentration
2.  Resilience
3.  Integrity

Ajax616

« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2011, 09:42:07 AM »
I desired change in 2001, without wanting to work for it and without understanding all its implications and the necessary work to make it work, and that is why I got the result that I got back then.

Ajax616

« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
2001 was a really difficult period to trade, because of the melt down of stocks like akam, inkt, jdus, pmcs and many others from 200 + to 20 or 10.  Because of the extreme volatility, my very good fills are sometimes stopped out, or they reach target within a day or two.

However, both methodologies work.  There were a lot less signals.  Going down fast always generate less signals.  I think it was even more difficult to trade than the melt down of 2008.

When you have time, you should visit these other time frames.  It will only make you better to realize what is in store for different time frames.

Okay, good job to me for following my trading discipline all week.  Let's do that every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month, and every year from now on.

Ajax616

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »
Three things I learned from my studies.

1.  Strength is not only in my Entries, but really in my system too.  By applying  overall system, I will:
     a.  Cut losers quickly with my stops.
     b.  Let winners ride, because I have to let my trades sit for 8-12 days.
     c.  I will never re-enter a stopped bollinger trade, but I will keep on re-entering a stopped Swing trade as long as I get another signal.

2.  BB, slightly harder to execute in stocks that have had large moves, internet bubble or large trend up.  This is because the charts' scales have changed.  However, under normal circumstances, look for quality triggers and enter orders according to my rules.
     a.  Charts' scaling only change if it trends down or up hard. 

3.  I have to trail my stops to achieve Stop2 and Stop3.  They are the key to minimizing my losses by keeping it small and by preventing a winner from turning into a loser.

Ajax616

« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2011, 01:29:11 PM »
What I have learned in my back testing over the years is that stock will and can go any where.  Even the NASD 100 can go from 0ver 100 to 20 in a couple of years, and that is an index.

Therefore stay with trend, trade the system and never question your system.

Ajax616

« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »
In my homework, I will create 4 list from my five.

1.  Bollinger Longs candidate
2.  Bollinger short candidate

3.  Swing longs candidate
4.  Swing short candidate

So that I will be better organized instead of being all over the place.

Ajax616

« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2011, 07:18:45 PM »
I noticed that the Dell chart from late 02 - 03 didn't look that beautiful.  However the Dell 03 charts look beautiful, including the beginning.

A rally or sell-off stretches the charts and makes them look more beautiful.

Advertisements