Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 419188 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #975 on: December 19, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
Our youth….our beauty….our love ones…..time moves on and so must we……to try to hold on to something that cannot be results in the greatest pain of the heart.

The beautiful things in our life that we want hold onto cannot be held onto forever, or until we are completely content. 

So just be content inside, independent of external variables.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #976 on: December 20, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »
Have you found your star yet?

I found something better. :)

Ajax616

« Reply #977 on: December 20, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »
I just realized that over the last month or so I am not as discipline as I wanted to be....in fact this whole year, but lately I have been making decisions towards like love, kindness, and compassion and that is what I really wanted more than the discipline.

Ajax616

« Reply #978 on: December 20, 2013, 07:15:56 PM »
If you really want change, please change your emotion understanding or else they will overwhelm you on your journey to change.   Make sure that change is good all those around you.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:45:13 AM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #979 on: December 21, 2013, 07:32:11 AM »
http://distractify.com/people/reasons-why-pope-francis-is-the-person-of-the-year/

I Knew Pope Francis Was Good, But When I Found Out Everything He Did in 2013, I Was Blown Away

Mark Pygas
    5 days ago

Pope Francis has been declared Time’s Person Of The Year. Looking back on 2013, he has done some incredibly progressive things to lead the Church.
1. He spoke out against frivolous spending by the Church

Pope-Francis-I-Angelus-and-Blessing-from-the-window-overlooking-St-Peter-s-Square Source: catholic-ew.org.uk

The average set of cardinal’s clothes costs as much as $20,000. In October, Pope Francis urged officials to dress more modestly and to not squander such money. In the same month, he ordered a German bishop to explain how he had spent $3 million on a marble courtyard.

Source: globalpost.com
2. He invited a boy with Downs Syndrome for a ride in the Popemobile

pope_1492085f Source: thehindu.com

During a general audience, Pope Francis invited Alberto di Tullio, a 17-year-old boy with Downs Syndrome, to ride in his Popemobile while thousands watched. The boy and his father were said to be "chocked up" when he was embraced by the Pope.

Source: cbsnews.com
3. He embraced and kissed Vinicio Riva

POPE FRANCIS' GENERAL AUDIENCE Source: huffpost.com

November saw Pope Francis embrace Vinicio Riva, a man scarred by a genetic disease. Fighting agonising pain on a daily basis, such an act restored the faith of a man who says he is often mocked in public.

Source: cnn.com
4. He denounced the judgment of homosexuals

76fcdecc95af21 19b8a4cf64a6f4 9c6a Source: cnn.com

Pope Francis has stated several times that the Church has no right to interfere spiritually in the lives of gays and lesbians. Though Francis maintained the right of the Church to express opinions on homosexuality, he believed that Christians should not judge or ridicule. This led to The Advocate, a gay  rights magazine, naming Francis the 'single most influential person of 2013 on the lives of LGBT people.'

Source: cnn.com
5. He held a major ceremony at the chapel of a youth prison

2. Source: incarnationpar ish.org

In March, the Pope held a major Holy Week service at Casal del Marmo jail for minors, rather than the Vatican. During the service, the pope washed and kissed the feet of 12 young offenders to commemorate Jesus' gesture of humility towards his apostles on the night before he died. During the service, he broke tradition by washing the feet of women and Muslims.

Source: reuters.com
6. He urged the protection of the Amazon Rainforest

20130728nw155 [amazon pope]-001 Source: nationalpost.c om

During his visit to Brazil, Pope Francis met with natives who have been fighting ranchers and farmers attempting to invade their land. He encouraged that the Amazon be treated as a garden and protected, along with it's native people.

Source: nationalpost.c om
7. He personally called and consoled a victim of rape

Pope-Francis Source: catholicvirtue .org

A 44-year old Argentinian woman, raped by a local policeman, was one of thousands to write a letter to Pope Francis in 2013. The woman was surprised when she later received a phone call from Francis himself--who consoled the woman and told her, “You are not alone.”

Source: catholicvirtue .org
8. He snuck out of the Vatican to feed the homeless

6. Source: newsfirst.lk

More recently, it has been discovered that Pope Francis regularly leaves the Vatican at night to feed the homeless. Dressed as an ordinary priest, he joins Archbishop Konrad Krajewski to feed the poor of Rome.

Source: huffingtonpost .com
9. He auctioned his motorcycle to benefit the homeless

7. Source: dailymail.co.u k

In October, Francis donated his own Harley Davidson motorcycle to fund a hostel and soup kitchen in Rome.

Source: ncregister.com
10. He acknowledged that atheists can be good people

mujica-pope-francis Source: mercopress.com

Earlier in 2013,  Pope Francis spoke out against the common interpretation within the Church that atheists, by nature, are bad people. He stated that, “Atheists should be seen as good people if they do good.” After meeting the Pope, the openly atheist president of Uruguay, Jose Mujica, compared Francis to a friendly neighbor.

Source: theguardian.co m
11. He condemned the global financial system

84014400571530 b4a6aa4095bdcf 8811166402603-1368710848-5194dec0-620x348 Source: tempo.co

In May, Francis denounced the global financial system for tyrannizing the poor and turning humans into expendable consumer goods. He believes that, “Money has to serve, not to rule!"

Source: timesofmalta.c om
12. He fought child abuse

_71555098_tw58 lt75 Source: bbcimg.co.uk

The Catholic Church has been rocked in recent years by allegations and admissions of child abuse by members of the Church. Pope Francis became the first Pope to take effective action against such atrocities. He ammended Vatican law to make sexual abuse of children a crime, and he also established a committee to fight abuse.

Source: bbc.co.uk
13. He condemned the violence of the Syrian civil war

12. Source: blogspot.com

In regard to the use of chemical weapons in Syria, Pope Francis asked for peace and declared that, "War, never again. Violence never leads to peace, war leads to war, violence leads to violence.”

Source: reuters.com
14. He redirected employee bonuses to charity

pope-francis-2013-2 Source: ibtimes.com

When a new Pope is elected, Vatican employees receive a bonus. Upon his election, the extra money was given to directly to charity instead.

Source: washingtonpost .com
15. He spoke out against the Church’s ‘obsession’ with abortion, gay marriage and contraception

15. Source: indiatimes.in

In a voice of reason, Francis shocked the Catholic world when he stated that the Church was an unhealthy obsession with abortion, gay marriage, and contraception. He criticized the Church for putting dogma before love, and for prioritizing moral doctrines over serving the poor and marginalized.

Source: nytimes.com
16. He called for cooperation between Christians and Muslims

Pope Francis waves as he arrives to lead Angelus at Vatican Source: catholicsun.or g

During his Angelus address, Francis paid respect to the end of Ramadan. He stated that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God, and he hoped that Christians and Muslims would work together to promote mutual respect.

Source: catholicherald .co.uk
17. He took part in a selfie

17. Source: telegraph.co.u k

In what might be his most progressive feat of all, Pope Francis met with youngsters to be part of a truly remarkable selfie. His is embracing the present, and he is undoubtedly taking the Church to a more loving and accepting future.

Source: telegraph.co.u k
18. He invited homeless men to his birthday meal

Pope Francis and archbishop Konrad Krajewski welcome some homeless men at the Vatican Source: theguardian.co m

On December 17, Pope Francis invited a group of homeless men and their dog into the Vatican to share his birthday meal along with his staff. The Pope had decided that he wanted a small birthday event, which would do some good, rather than a large and expensive event.

Source: theguardian.co m
19. He refused to send away a child who had run on stage to hug him

enhanced-buzz-4836-1383073705-19 Source: buzzfeed.com

During the Year of Faith Celebrations, a young boy ran on stage as the Pope was giving a speech. When assistants tried to remove the boy, Francis allowed him to stay.

couchpotato

« Reply #980 on: December 21, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »
I agree about this new pope. I like how he is not untouchable. He loves the way Jesus showed us and taught us to love. What a breath of fresh air for Catholics. :)

Ajax616

« Reply #981 on: December 21, 2013, 07:43:40 AM »
We are all Walter Mittys.

Ajax616

« Reply #982 on: December 21, 2013, 08:00:55 AM »
A sad letter someone wrote on youtube (stuck in my memory).

Why did you leave me?  What didn’t I do right?
I was here for you always.
Everyday and everynight.
I stayed faithful and loved you.
But yet my heart you tore.
I’m trying to get over it but
I’m so lost without you.
Don’t you realize you were all I had?
I’ve never been hurt so bad.
How could you leave me?

Ajax616

« Reply #983 on: December 21, 2013, 08:14:28 AM »
You Mustn't Quit
Taken from The Book Of Virtues by William J. Bennett

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest! If you must -- but never quit.

Life is queer, with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he'd stuck it out;
Stick to your task, though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with one more blow.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt--
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worse that you mustn't quit.

What is it that you mustn't quit on?  "Yourself."

Ajax616

« Reply #984 on: December 21, 2013, 09:54:31 AM »
One of the nicest things my ex-wife said about me was.....that Valentines Day wasn't me, it's for the other men......

Ajax616

« Reply #985 on: December 21, 2013, 09:55:35 AM »
I was about to do something very stupid and emotionally attached because my mind thought of it until I got to reading one of my favorite books again.  I should read it more often.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:57:44 AM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #986 on: December 21, 2013, 10:11:28 AM »
For all the guys out there that do not know what to give to your girlfriends, here is an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WmTlHvTSm4 (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Ajax616

« Reply #987 on: December 22, 2013, 07:01:41 PM »
For the first time in my life, I was given the sobriety test last night.  I am glad to have passed.

Ajax616

« Reply #988 on: December 22, 2013, 09:18:19 PM »
To the girl that keeps stealing a look at me last night.  Let's bump into each other again.  Yes!!!! I think we will be a good fit.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:15:12 AM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #989 on: December 23, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »
"Life, you hit like a little b1tch."

Advertisements