Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 420258 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »
One of the things that I did not test was:

Coinciding my trades with movements in the SPY.

For example Spy breaks out and take all the Strong candles

Spy breaks down and take all the entries with weak candles, or short swing entries.

I may have to pay attention to that to increase my chances of success.

I will have many triggers, and it is best to go with the market.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »
Since I will have approximately over 900-1000 signals:

Take a page out of my study at Vanderbilt and time my trades with the SPY for maximum effectiveness and a greater chance of success.

Ajax616

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »
I just noticed that, out my later triggers last week, I did enter two of the lesser performers.

That doesn't change anything, I will continue to execute my trading plan the best of my ability.

Ajax616

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »
To stay with the Trend in Swing, make sure to stay with the side that is usually poking the Bollinger Band.

For example when a stock turns up it will poke the upper bollinger band and retrace to the 20 for a swing signal

Or when a stock turns down, it will poker the lower bollinger band, and retrace to the 20MA for a swing signal

Stay with the side that is riding or poking the bollinger band.

Ajax616

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2011, 04:52:51 PM »
The market really is:  All the hopes and fears of all the traders and investors, big & small, playing out their biases as a whole.

Ajax616

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »
Since I will not break my trading rule on the back or the exit.  My focus will be absolutely to not break my trading rule on the front end, or the Entry.

1.  Is this a beautiful Bollinger or Swing Pattern?

2.  Does it have a Good Trigger?

Enter only if "Yes" to both questions.

Ajax616

« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2011, 08:47:20 PM »
One thing that happened to me was a recent trade that I entered under Bollinger Band.   However, this trade would not have been entered had I consider or been aware of the Swing criteria (S3).  There was an opposite Swing Trigger about two weeks back.  Making this stock inappropriate for this entry.

I think, we may get confused sometimes, especially if the stock whipsaws back and forth between the 20MA (especially S2 or S3).  However, I am thinking, for longs stay with strength.  One thing that has helped me is finding scenarios that has hit the upper band recently with a bullish swing trigger.  For shorts find scenarios that has hit the lower band recently and with a  bearish swing trigger.

Use Swing and BB to understand each other.  They can't both be right, and one will hint at strength or weakness.

The example is ROC  12/01 to 12/15.  The S3 would have nullified the Bollinger Band Entry.

Ajax616

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »
One thing that happened to me was a recent trade that I entered under Bollinger Band.   However, this trade would not have been entered had I consider or been aware of the Swing criteria (S3).  There was an opposite Swing Trigger about two weeks back.  Making this stock inappropriate for this entry.

I think, we may get confused sometimes, especially if the stock whipsaws back and forth between the 20MA (especially S2 or S3).  However, I am thinking, for longs stay with strength.  One thing that has helped me is finding scenarios that has hit the upper band recently with a bullish swing trigger.  For shorts find scenarios that has hit the lower band recently and with a  bearish swing trigger.

Use Swing and BB to understand each other.  They can't both be right, and one will hint at strength or weakness.

The example is ROC  12/01 to 12/15.  The S3 would have nullified the Bollinger Band Entry.

Therefore I will not short an P1 against a beautiful S2 (C&H) as well.  When the patterns Contradict go with the Strength of the pattern.  Where is it hitting the Bollinger Bands.

Ajax616

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »
The SIG bearish signal is not coming through, because the pattern is still closer to an S2, and not an S3 because of the tighter bands.  Therefore, it will take its time, yet.

Ajax616

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »
David:  Thank you for a very well written book.  Your words of wisdom are treasures.  Unfortunately, words of wisdom never really sink in unless its through trial and suffering.  I do appreciate them and they re-affirm in me what it takes to succeed in Trading.  Thank you.

Ajax616

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
From David Nassar's book:

The Harvard Business Review conducted a study regarding leadership qualities for business people.  The study showed the balance of power between cognitive intelligence and emotional intelligence.  Emotional intelligence won out by almost 5 to 1 in terms of importance.  If you chose to believe these studies and opinions, you can then begin to build yourself into the trader you want to be.  But it is important to recognize that cognitive intelligence with emotional intelligence is prone to be over analytical, while emotional intelligence without cognitive intelligence is prone to be vulnerable to swings in the market and gambling.

Therefore, no matter what is happening in the market, up or down, no matter what is happening with my PNL, positive or negative, my best response will always be the same:  Calm, cool, and absolute discipline to my Trading Plan. - Me

Ajax616

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »

Live within your means.  Many people will live far beyond their means in the belief that things have always worked out and will continue to.  This is unfair pressure to put on yourself if you are to be of healthy mind while trading.  Financial pressure is precisely a reason that you should not trade.  The emotions associated with such pressure when living beyond your means jades objectivity and, in the end cheats you.  When you money motivation is the only reason to trade, danger is not usually far behind.  This rule can apply to, other professions, or life as well.

Trade without desiring results.  Therefore, no matter what is happening in the market, up or down, no matter what is happening with my PNL, positive or negative, no matter what is happening in my life, my best response will always be the same:  Calm, Cool, and Absolute Discipline to my Trading Plan.

Ajax616

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »

We evaluate results because we're in a state of confusion.  When we're making money, most will not take steps to evaluate how results are achieved.

Ajax616

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2011, 06:41:05 PM »
Thank you Toni, for your two commandments (to be etched in stone)

1.  Protect your principal
2.  Trade to trade well (not to make money)

My trading plan already incorporate those principles, but you have re-affirmed their importance.  Thank you.

Ajax616

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
The four stages of Trading

1.  Unconscious incompetence stage

2.  Conscious incompetence stage

3.  Conscious competence stage

4.  Unconscious competence state

Advertisements