Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 420773 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
"All created things must past, strive on, diligently."   - the last words of The Buddha

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »
"Be your own lamp. Seek no other refuge but yourself. Let truth be your light". -- The Buddha.

Ajax616

« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2012, 07:22:28 AM »
Because we do fear retributions from them, our attitudes towards helpless animals reflect our true nature that is within us. - from The Story of India

Ajax616

« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
I found a reason to paper trade.  Comparison and education of trading in my system.  The emotional lesson, I will work on that side by side.

Ajax616

« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »
Before you talk, listen.
Before you react, think.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.

- Donnita

By way KVH

Thank you

Ajax616

« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:38 AM »
That was a very good question on the stress of trading. The answer is that we all get stressed because we are desiring something that chances are may not be happening.  Our stress is created by our emotions of fear, greed, and desire of results.  All of which has nothing to do with success in trading, but can only derail trading success.  The answer is that we have to measure our success using another yardstick, not results.  Our success should be measured by ability to execute our rules, and not results.

Ajax616

« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
My garbage trades has cost me:  6 x 1.32 = 7.94

My lack of definition on entry made me miss very good trades.  9

Therefore, with quantified criteria, I will be able to look at my trades with more objectivity.

Thank you for the great lesson from last week.  It is what I needed.

Ajax616

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2012, 03:50:40 PM »
JWN  vs SPG

Although they look very similar, the chart in JWN has more resistance built in.  The SPG chart had less resistance. 

Ajax616

« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
Looking at it from Quant will

Eliminate dangerous trades 10
Get me into sensible trades 11

Do not move away from Quant.  It allows me to look at everything objectively.  This is one lesson from this month.

Ajax616

« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
Reviewing my trades of the last two months, I know that I am going in the right direction.

Reviewing the errors of the last 2 weeks helped me to find what is missing.

The Quant will definitely allow me see potential trades from a better angle.

Thank you for the lesson.

Ajax616

« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2012, 06:39:05 AM »
Once I have entered a trade, then the action to follow will be very simple:

1.  Stopped out (1,2, or 3)
2.  Target reached
3.  Time stop

Therefore, there is no need to follow it or look at up and down results, especially during live markets.  It may make me feel good when my positions are up, but it can make me feel bad when my positions are down or I have lost back money that I made.

This emotional up and down has nothing to do with trading success.  In fact, combine the negative emotions with a thought, and you will get an action to disrupt your trading in the worst possible way.  I have recently entered 4 trades that have no value at all in my plan.  I never planned to enter them, because they did not meet the criteria for entry, but did it hoping they would work out.  All because I was watching the performance of my positions.

However, through this journey, I have learned to be objective in my entry selection.  This was the biggest lesson, I was hoping to learn this year, and I am glad to have come across it so early.

I have learned, hopefully, that it is futile to watch my trades fluctuate during the day.  I am still going to be absolute discipline to my trading rules, therefore there is no reason to watch the trades at all.  They will take care of themselves.

Ajax616

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »
Thank you Taylor Swift for teaching me that self created fear is preventing me from reaching true freedom, happiness, moskha, and nirvana

Ajax616

« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
If you take nothing away from this, then take this "Every trader I have interviewed, they have found a methodology that fits their personality." - Jack Schwager

Ajax616

« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
I get it now.  I know why I started on my recent hesitation in trading.

1. I was desiring results, because I thought I had reached the next level of consistency
2. When I was given temporary results and it was taken away, I was a annoyed, because of my expectation for positive results.
3. Then I entered a couple of borderline trades, because I did not quantify my entry criteria then.
4. When they got stopped out, I entered a few sub-par trades that I was clearly not comfortable with, for reasons I couldn't explain then
5.  Then I entered a few trades that were not on my list at all, but stabs in the dark. 
6. All these trades were stopped out
7.  It all started with looking at my results and desiring expectations, and then not having a way to qualify my entries I went for marginal trades and then lower those standards even more.......
8.  By last week, I had worked enough to understand my situation.  I entered some trades got stopped out, and got stopped out of my trades from last week.  However, my actions from last week is exactly what I wanted in terms of door and key.
9.  It took making mistakes to find a better door.  It took making mistakes to re-affirm that there is only one key to trading.
10.  Thank you for the experience of set back so that I may grow to become stronger and be absolute discipline to my trading plan.

Ajax616

« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2012, 03:17:34 PM »
"War is a matter of life and death.  This is the key principle." - from Sun Tzu

Advertisements