Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 417268 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
I can't believe I gave away my confidence in one of my stocks.......I had it right and I didn't have enough confidence to follow through on my analysis.  That will not happen again.  NYX

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:08 AM »
I don't know other people, but I have a hard time memorizing Hmong Cultural phrases.  Sometimes, I feel "Stupid", then I reflect on how it becomes impossible for us to memorized other telephone numbers now, and it make sense that most our new generations in the US have adapted to not having a need to memorized cultural phrases, just like the telephone numbers scenario.

We can still do it, but it will be a little more work.

Ajax616

« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
I notice that I find myself too easily on the verge of carrying 140% of my equity.  That may be too much exposure for comfort in general, on the rare chance that the market turns......

If I adjust my position down a little by 10%, my max positions will be 126%, which is a lot more bearable.

I have worked out the numbers for both figures, and they are still very respectable as well.   In this business it's always best to error on the side on caution and safety........

I will continue to test at 140%, but will keep my options open at 126%.

The reason, I brought this up, because we have a general tendency to max our positions.  The other thing I notice too is that I have to be more careful with my Trigger valuation.  I may need to be a little more conservative on that component.

Ajax616

« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2012, 08:07:06 PM »
Earnings do not matter.....how ever I have to be consistent and apply my rules at all times.  If earnings is tomorrow morning, I can back off until afterwards.

Earnings so far do not matter.

Ajax616

« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:55 PM »
I have to be more careful on my Triggers, I am giving too much weight where there is not that much.  I have to give it fair weighting and that's it.

I have to also think about my support and resistance.  Give it fair weight, and not more than it deserves.

Ajax616

« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »
For many reasons, it is always a mistake to interfere with a trade, especially out of fear or greed or desire.   It is always a mistake.

Ajax616

« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »
I have been wondering how my system would work in a mild retracement.  I am glad to have my system tested.  Had I been more aware, I might have had better days with my system early.  Getting great results is not my objective anyways.  Apply my plan and rules is.

Ajax616

« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
I know why I had been a little off the last couple of days.  I have been wanting to see these positive closes turn into positive strong moves the next day, and I have been not getting it.  I have been desiring positive results, along with all the paper work I had sort out, that is why I couldn't watch my thoughts better.

Thank you for letting me know, again, that desiring results can only lead to frustration... ..and unproductive actions.

Ajax616

« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2012, 05:48:39 AM »

VISIONaries are the bearers of new possibilities! We paint the horizon line! Be an artist, be a Visionary!  - Daniel Shannon

Ajax616

« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »
Are you a stock broker or a trader? j/c

Thank you for asking.  I am a stock Trader.

Ajax616

« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2012, 10:21:16 AM »
The messing with Trades before their exit time is getting to me at this minute.  I am learning that breaking rules will only make the situation 3-4 worst time.  Thank you for the hard lesson, I am having to experience at this minute.

My system works very well.  Today, and everyday, I will execute my trading plan, exactly as tested and the way I wanted.

Today, and everyday, I will be absolute discipline to my trading plan and rules.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:49:39 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
Do you manage portfolio for other people?

Not quite yet, but that is my objective.

Ajax616

« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2012, 02:52:20 PM »
"There is no knowledge without sacrifice.  This is one of the hard truths of human existence.  In order to gain anything, you must first lose everything." - Jane Hirshfield, Poet

Ajax616

« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
Dissatisfactio n (not desire) = Suffering

I see myself not satisfied because the market has gone up and I am not maximum long or if I am very long, I am fearful because the market has sold off today.

Both condition has nothing to do with success, and dwelling in it will lead to actions which makes either situation 3-4 times worst.

In my study, I have already detailed the route to success.  It is only through follow that path that makes its a success, there is not other path to success, no matter how tempting.

Over the last couple of days, I have begun to understand this message a little better.

Ajax616

« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »
Suffering didn't begin with birth and end with death

Advertisements