Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 417434 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #420 on: April 03, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »
Best part of the a very good movie.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #421 on: April 03, 2012, 06:18:38 PM »
What if I was born in the Mountains of Laos (and died there) and never had a chance to come to the USA and never had a chance to know and accept Jesus Christ into my life.  What if then?  Would I be condemned to hell, because I never got a chance to be taught and accept Jesus in my life.  Would I be condemned to hell because I was born somewhere Jesus teaching didn't penetrate.

Ajax616

« Reply #422 on: April 05, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »
This scene contained one of my favorite quotes.  I kept it for a long time, through failure and success and then I don't have it any.

"Back then, well, I thought there would be other days.  I didn't realize that that was the only day."

Ajax616

« Reply #423 on: April 08, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »
Our future represents our current thought.  Think glorious thoughts and you will have a glorious future. - Louise Hay

Ajax616

« Reply #424 on: April 08, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »

Ajax616

« Reply #425 on: April 08, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
If I ever came across someone who's childishly testing my patience (in any way, shape, or form), may I always have to strength to keep my awareness and take the better road.  There is nothing else that would give me better more satisfaction.. ...

Ajax616

« Reply #426 on: April 08, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
If you ever want to connect with God, you can do so by connecting with God's creation, which is all around you and all that you see.

Ajax616

« Reply #427 on: April 09, 2012, 04:25:12 PM »
"This is the end -- for me the beginning of life." Deitrich Bonhoeffer's last words.

Ajax616

« Reply #428 on: April 09, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
Daniel Shannon
VISION only becomes reality if "plan" and "action" do not part each others company

Ajax616

« Reply #429 on: April 09, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »
Ken Tropin of Graham Capital:

In order for a system to be successful, it has to be what I call robust.  Robust means that I can test that system in a market I designed it around.  Say I'm using it in the treasury bonds, and then If I switch that market and I try that system in the Euro, it still works.  And if I change its parameters, it still works.  And if I switch it over to corn-something totally different than treasury bonds-it still works.  And if I look at some data that was out of sample from what I designed it around, it still works.  Then I have something that might be interesting and have a chance of living in the future.  Because the nature of data is it changes a little all the time.  And so the key to success in systems trading is to have what I call a loose fitting suit. I can't have a suit that's so tight and perfectly proportioned to me that if I gain two pounds, it won't fit the data anymore.

Ajax616

« Reply #430 on: April 10, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »
What is wrong with my current take on the market criteria is that I will be late.....

I will be late when the market has sold off and is over extended.
I will be later when the market has rallied and is over extended.

Therefore from now on I will ask myself the question of whether or not, I will step into the market at this point.  That will be my valuation on my market criteria.

Ajax616

« Reply #431 on: April 10, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
Whether you are going or staying or sitting or lying down,
the whole world is your own self.
You must find out
whether the mountains, rivers, grass, and forests
exist in your own mind or exist outside it.
Analyze the ten thousand things,
dissect them minutely,
and when you take this to the limit
you will come to the limitless,
when you search into it you come to the end of search,
where thinking goes no further and distinctions vanish.
When you smash the citadel of doubt,
then the Buddha is simply yourself.
Daikaku

Ajax616

« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
One of my favorite Zen Story.

Ryonen's Clear Realization

The Buddhist nun known as Ryonen was born in 1797. She was a granddaughter of the famous Japanese warrior Shingen. Her poetical genius and alluring beauty were such that at seventeen she was serving the empress as one of the ladies of the court. Even at such a youthful age fame awaited her.

The beloved empress died suddenly and Ryonen's hopeful dreams vanished. She became acutely aware of the impermanency of life in this world. It was then that she desired to study Zen.

Her relatives disagreed, however, and practically forced her into marriage. With a promise that she might become a nun after she had borne three children, Ryonen assented. Before she was twenty-five she had accomplished this condition. Then her husband and relatives could no longer dissuade her from her desire. She shaved her head, took the name of Ryonen, which means to realize clearly, and started on her pilgrimage.

She came to the city of Edo and asked Tetsugyu to accept her as a disciple. At one glance the master rejected her because she was too beautiful.

Ryonen then went to another master, Hakuo. Hakuo refused her for the same reason, saying that her beauty would only make trouble.

Ryonen obtained a hot iron and placed it against her face. In a few moments her beauty had vanished forever.

Hakuo then accepted her as a disciple.

Commemorating this occasion, Ryonen wrote a poem on the back of a little mirror:

In the service of my Empress I burned incense to
        perfume my exquisite clothes
    Now as a homeless mendicant I burn my face to
        enter a Zen temple.

When Ryonen was about to pass from this world, she wrote another poem:

Sixty-six times have these eyes beheld the changing
        scene of autumn
    I have said enough about moonlight,
    Ask no more.
    Only listen to the voice of pines and cedars when no
        wind stirs.

Ajax616

« Reply #433 on: April 10, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »

Ajax616

« Reply #434 on: April 10, 2012, 07:01:34 PM »
Last week, I had 16 entries, 7 more than my system Max.  This is not good trading.  My weekly maximum is only 9 total, and that is if I had two stops that week.

This money management rule is for my own protection.

Advertisements