Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 417393 times)

Ajax616

Re: On our amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #1125 on: February 23, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »
Law of Life:  Survival of the fittest.  Law of the Universe: A generous heart, kindness speech, and a life of service and compassion to others.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #1126 on: February 25, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
Today, I am questioning the validity of my philosophy a little.  I should not though, because there is nothing wrong with forgiveness, love, and kindness.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1127 on: February 25, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
What makes you question your own philosophy?

Ajax616

« Reply #1128 on: February 25, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »
In Failure, do not ask why you failed, but what you can do better next time.  There's no failure, except not to try.

Ajax616

« Reply #1129 on: February 25, 2014, 05:27:27 PM »
What makes you question your own philosophy?

The questioning is only a temporary moment.  There's no other philosophy I would take.  To answer your question, extreme volatility in results vs. expectations of other people. 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:17:37 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #1130 on: February 25, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
The real first question is:  What can I do to make others lives better?

Ajax616

« Reply #1131 on: February 25, 2014, 05:54:02 PM »
There are no demons in us, except for Mara the Tempter.  I hope you reach that conclusion one day, my goofy friend.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1132 on: February 25, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »
Results and Hypothesis (i.e. Expectations) rarely match in real life.  Even in science, we were taught to throw out the data points that were too off base...

This was a good lesson Don Juan taught me.

Ajax616

« Reply #1133 on: February 25, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »
Results and Hypothesis (i.e. Expectations) rarely match in real life.  Even in science, we were taught to throw out the data points that were too off base...

That is the way it should be.

Ajax616

« Reply #1134 on: February 25, 2014, 08:18:41 PM »
The questioning is only a temporary moment.  There's no other philosophy I would take.  To answer your question, extreme volatility in results vs. expectations of other people. 

I forget how beautiful life is.....and how beautiful the path I have chosen.  There is no other path, I would rather take in this life and the next.

Ajax616

« Reply #1135 on: February 25, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
The Frog and the Scorpion

Two strangers met along the banks of the St Croix one late Summer.  They both were different, but they see a lot of similarities in each other.  They see that each was very unique and different, and filled with a zest for life.  Despite their different pasts and beliefs they became friends and lovers.  She said she was looking for a home, and he was looking for someone special to provide a home to.  He rarely looks, because there’s no one out there to find.  They both were hoping to find the best in each other, however they carried their pasts, present and future with them and some of the parts and paths do not agree.  They made the best of the journey and enjoyed each other’s company for a while.  She was a great cook and he loves to cook and help her clean.

The past caught to them and the journey became very turbulent at times.  He stuck in there for much longer than he wanted, because through each set back, she help made him a better and stronger person.  She taught him forgiveness, love and kindness. He believed that certain ways will lead to success, she believed in living in the moment as if tomorrow may not exist.  When their constant disagreements became too much for the relationship, the frog and the scorpion parted ways, never to be lovers again, but good friends from a distance, and help council each other from time to time.  They forgave each other for all the frustrations and realized that they were not made for each other at this time or maybe this life.  They became true friends at last.

In time, the frog found a wife and had a good career that he was starting to develop when he met her.  He had two more sons and for the first time his only son had brothers in his life.  He retired at 70, and when his wife passed away due to an unforeseen illness, and his kids are all now grown up, left for Northern India. He became a monk at a temple near the birthplace of the Buddha.  When his friend the scorpion gave birth to her only daughter, he came by to bless the beautiful child and congratulate her on her long awaited joy.

She started to listen to her friend the frog, who became more objective now and was always considered wise anyway, she quiet down her thoughts and met a very loving man.  She gave up a life of independence and invited Allura into her life.  She was filled with joy for the first time in her life.  She found the contentment that Lao Tzu reminds her every day.  She became an awesome mother and Allura became a very strong young woman.

When Allura grew up and became a woman, the scorpion’s restless spirit renewed and she separated from her husband to live a life of independence again.  She visited her good friend in India and spent a year goofily mimicking the life of a monk.  She even shaved her head and put on an orange robe.  Despite enjoying her friends companionship, that was not the life for her so after a year, she left India and came back to support her kids and be a loving mother and grandmother.  Five years later, she passed away from contentment, as she has finally found the peace she was looking for at last.  The Frog in his 80s came back to see her friend off.  She was cremated and, as wished, was distributed into the St Croix.  The Frog cried for the first time in a very long time, but happy to see his very good friend finding true peace at last.  The Frog went back to India, gave up the life of a monk and became a servant of the people to help others.  He passed away 10 years later, and per his wish, was brought back to the US.  He was cremated and distributed into the St Croix.  Being a strong swimmer in life, his ashes caught up to hers in the river….His consciousness found hers in the infinite universe.  They were united again in this life and the next.  In life, they could not be united, but in death the frog and scorpion were able to shed their earthly definitions, past and desires became one.

Like this post: +1

Ajax616

« Reply #1136 on: February 26, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »

Which Don Juan?

Don Juan Demarco?
Don Juan Quixote?
Don Juan Corleone?
Or Don Juanson?

:)

Ajax616

« Reply #1137 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »
LOVE the story!!! Thanks for sharing. Awesome, I wish for it to happen to true love.

Thank you for taking the time to read it....

Ajax616

« Reply #1138 on: February 27, 2014, 06:31:57 PM »
A long time ago, my one and only wife, at time, went out with her friends and back drunk.  I was asleep and were visiting family from out of town so she didn't have a key.  She rang the door bell and my dad answered the door. "Nyab koj pais dab tsis."  She didn't answer, but just came.  He went up stairs, and so being so drunk she started crawling to bed.....she crawled and crawled suddenly the floor got slippery and cold and then she hit her head on the commode in the bathroom. 

Ajax616

« Reply #1139 on: February 27, 2014, 06:36:05 PM »
About three months ago, I went to a funeral home.  They were not planning to be opened all night so they didn't buy any cards.  Suddenly there are too many people and they decided to open.  Well they asked me to go and buy cards and so I did.  I bought 8 decks from the local CVS.  I didn't want to spend that much money, but I figure if they are going to use it then I should.  When I got they only use one deck.  Three people were playing a game and the other 10 were watching them play.  I felt so bad.

Advertisements