Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 419244 times)

ButterflyKisses

Re: On our amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #1320 on: April 06, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
No we become like water, not because of age, but because it's the way for effortless success.  That was what came to my mind.

Most of my life, I have been like an ice cube, but over the last few years, I have begin to learn to be more malleable, more like water. 

So what do you consider success?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #1321 on: April 07, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
Most of my life, I have been like an ice cube, but over the last few years, I have begin to learn to be more malleable, more like water. 

So what do you consider success?

It depends, internal or external success.  One should always start with Internal.

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #1322 on: April 07, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »
It depends, internal or external success.  One should always start with Internal.

Internal success has always been very personal and is often different for each person.  External success is a little bit more universal. 

What is one internal success that you have reached and how did you get there?  For me, it's understanding what it means to love me.  It is not the same as being selfish, but it could look like that to those looking in.  Like a lover whom we seek to please, the same concept should be applied to ourselves.  Love really is the greatest of all.  It is the foundation for such basic needs as joy, happiness, patience, tolerance, generosity, kindness, etc.  However, contrary to the popular belief that the love of a great woman or a great man is what makes all of these possible, it is the love of oneself, caring for oneself, meeting our own needs that cultivate a heart, mind, and soul that becomes the fertile ground to growing everything else.

Ajax616

« Reply #1323 on: April 07, 2014, 04:58:33 PM »
Internal success has always been very personal and is often different for each person.  External success is a little bit more universal. 

What is one internal success that you have reached and how did you get there?  For me, it's understanding what it means to love me.  It is not the same as being selfish, but it could look like that to those looking in.  Like a lover whom we seek to please, the same concept should be applied to ourselves.  Love really is the greatest of all.  It is the foundation for such basic needs as joy, happiness, patience, tolerance, generosity, kindness, etc.  However, contrary to the popular belief that the love of a great woman or a great man is what makes all of these possible, it is the love of oneself, caring for oneself, meeting our own needs that cultivate a heart, mind, and soul that becomes the fertile ground to growing everything else.

Wow, you have been doing some thinking.  :)

Ajax616

« Reply #1324 on: April 07, 2014, 04:59:50 PM »
I do pride myself on clarity of thought, but I still need work on clarity of action regarding certain small areas of my life.  That is the truth.

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #1325 on: April 07, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »
So, these thoughts, do you put them on a shelf and admire them from time to time?  Or do you plant them into your heart, water it, and hope that they take up roots and growing into something tangible that can benefit you and those around you?  For me, an idea, no matter how great it is, if not applied, it is nothing more than just an idea. 

Often times, when I talk to people, they always say, "I know.  I know." 

Great!  I am glad you know.  But are you using it?  Are you doing anything about it?  It's actions that give life to an idea.

Ajax616

« Reply #1326 on: April 07, 2014, 05:31:31 PM »
No matter how bad things are, we can begin to immediately make tomorrow with our thoughts. No matter how good things are, we can begin to immediately make tomorrow with our thoughts.  Therefore, we can always begin to make things better tomorrow with our thoughts.

I am reminded of the application of the above phrase today.  Thank you to myself for having wrote so that I could reference for this day. :)

Ajax616

« Reply #1327 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »
I am putting the dishes away, and I am reminded that those dishes were passionately washed by my beautiful girls yesterday.

Ajax616

« Reply #1328 on: April 07, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »
Thank you for teaching me that I should always follow my instincts when things do not make emotional sense.  It is less stressful and will generally lead to happiness for everyone in the long run.

I guess here we are.....thank you again.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:33:41 PM by Ajax616 »

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #1329 on: April 07, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »
The little things we do are the ones that leave behind an impression and remind people of us long after we are gone.

Ajax616

« Reply #1330 on: April 08, 2014, 05:17:09 AM »
"An insincere friend is more to be feared than a wild beast, a wild beast may wound body, but an insincere friend will wound your your heart and your mind."  - The Buddha

I have to accept that I cannot deal with an insincere friend and that I need to turn away immediately.  No you did not wound my heart or mind, I just naively thought that I can heal your pain.  We are exactly where I wanted to be lately and that makes me absolutely filled with joy.  Best wishes.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:19:44 AM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #1331 on: April 08, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »
Why is it that I failed....I wanted to satisfy my emotional suffering base on hope.... and I did not act on the beauty of sound reason and logic.  That is why I failed and that is why most people fails in the stock market. 

I will not fail, but excel in the market.  I will use that lesson and succeed where once I failed recently based on hope too. 

Cutting losers, and accepting losses, is the key to winning in the market..Cuttin g losers is also the key to personal success too.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:44:20 PM by Ajax616 »

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #1332 on: April 08, 2014, 04:22:46 PM »
The stock market is pretty scary.  If I have the chance, I would like to get into some real estate investment.  But I need to settle down in one place first.  Do you have anything in the real estate or only in the stock market?

Ajax616

« Reply #1333 on: April 08, 2014, 04:40:46 PM »
The stock market is pretty scary.  If I have the chance, I would like to get into some real estate investment.  But I need to settle down in one place first.  Do you have anything in the real estate or only in the stock market?

We are scare of what we don't know.

My only focus is the stock market, and in the 2 weeks time frame period.  The only thing you really need to know about the stock market is that it's participants are people.  They drive the moves in the market.

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #1334 on: April 08, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
My only focus is the stock market, and in the 2 weeks time frame period.

Really?  Just 2 weeks time frame period.  Is this what you do professionally or more on your personal time?  To play the market like that, you must have a lot of finesse. 

Advertisements