Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 417384 times)

Ajax616

Re: On our amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #1335 on: April 08, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
Really?  Just 2 weeks time frame period.  Is this what you do professionally or more on your personal time?  To play the market like that, you must have a lot of finesse. 

I took the conversation private. :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #1336 on: April 08, 2014, 04:59:06 PM »
Re: The scorpion and the frog.

We needed to end because we are different, but thank you for coming and staying awhile.  Please have a blast and an exciting adventure while away from me.  I will too.

In this change, I am reminded of this quote from the Buddha, it will help me keep my solitude.  Everything changes, we should not desire to hold on to anything of this world.

"Behold, O monks, this is my last advice to you. All component things in the world are changeable. They are not lasting. Work hard to gain your own salvation."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmSA6uL5z4&list=PL8F29888A9D718594

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:22:24 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #1337 on: April 08, 2014, 05:10:39 PM »
Someone once very close gave me this song a long time ago, and it clicks in my head every now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3HkriqdGQ

Ajax616

« Reply #1338 on: April 08, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »
The Buddha's Last Words

After the conversion of Subhadda, the Buddha spoke again to Venerable Ananda. "It may be, Ananda, that some of you will say, 'without the Buddha, the Sublime Teacher, there is no teacher for us'. No, Ananda, you should not think in this way. Whatever doctrine and discipline taught and made known by me will be your teacher when I am gone."

Then the Buddha, addressing the other monks said, "If any amongst you has any doubts as to the Buddha, the teaching, or the order of monks, ask me now so that afterwards you may have no cause to regret that you did not ask me while I was still with you."

But at these words, none of the monks said anything. None had any questions, and all of them were silent. For the second and third time the Buddha addressed the monks in this way. And for the second and third time, all the monks were silent.

The Buddha said, "Perhaps it may be out of respect for the teacher, that you do not question me. Let a friend, O disciples, tell it to another friend." Still the disciples remained silent.

Then Venerable Ananda spoke to the Buddha, "It is wonderful. It is marvellous, Lord! I do believe that in all this great company of monks there is not a single one who has doubts or questions about the Buddha, the teaching or the order of monks, or the path and the method of training and conduct."

"With you, Ananda," said the Buddha, "this may be a matter of faith and belief. But, Ananda, I know that not one single monk gathered here has any doubt or question about these things. Of all the 500 monks here, Ananda, he who is the most backward is a sotapanna, not subject to fall back to a lower state of existence, but is certain and destined for enlightenment."

Then the Buddha addressed all the monks once more, and these were the very last words he spoke:

"Behold, O monks, this is my last advice to you. All component things in the world are changeable. They are not lasting. Work hard to gain your own salvation."

Then the Buddha lapsed into the jhana stages, or meditative absorptions. Going from level to level, one after the other, ever deeper and deeper. Then he came out of the meditative absorption for the last time and passed into nirvana, leaving nothing whatever behind that can cause rebirth again in this or any other world.

The passing away, or the final nirvana of the Buddha, occurred in 543 BC on a full-moon day in the month of May, known in the Indian calendar as Vesak.

Ajax616

« Reply #1339 on: April 08, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
A long time ago, I woke up to song playing, and it got trapped, programmed, or hypnotized into my subconsciousne ss mind, well because my conscious mind was asleep.

I woke up in the bedroom of my teenage wife then too.....so I am always reminded of our youth and what wonderful things would come our away....unfort unately now I know, both good and bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6VaeFCxta8

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:17:31 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #1340 on: April 08, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »
I am getting a two year stress free opportunity in personal development.  I am so looking forward to making the best of it.  Because somewhere in there, I will launch HBLM too. Thank you so much now and hopefully I will thank you in the future that you would like too.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:10:24 PM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #1341 on: April 08, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »
I failed miserably today.. I'm so disappointed in myself. I will have to start next week. It's someone's birthday and I'm taking that person to eat dimsum this Saturday.  :P

And to think, my tough little thing did it for 28 days.  She is as tough as nails though.  You're funny.

You will succeed, but remember that is not something I would advise.  I prefer a more balance and happy route, with lasting quality.

Thank you for the update.  I am still cheering for you.

Ajax616

« Reply #1342 on: April 08, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »
Field of Dreams and a different path.

Dr. Graham: It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watch them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time, you don't think much of it. You know, we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yrupye7B0

Ajax616

« Reply #1343 on: April 08, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Be wakeful and think.  Never let the fears or desires overwhelm your sense of logic.

A wonderful reminder.....t hat will get drowned in alcohol.

Ajax616

« Reply #1344 on: April 08, 2014, 08:35:53 PM »
Karma - Law of cause and effect.

Review the negative and positive actions of the day. Purify what needs to be purified.

ButterflyKisses

« Reply #1345 on: April 09, 2014, 09:06:32 AM »
Love, like unforgiveness, has the ability to make us prisoners of our own mind.  While the other person lives freely and happily, we shackled ourselves to the prisons of our minds.  The kicker is that we hold the key to our freedom. 

Ajax616

« Reply #1346 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGo6Qm0Wt8

Sometimes it makes me wonder. :)

Ajax616

« Reply #1347 on: April 09, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenZ4Z7w0qM

One of my favorite scene from this movie.

Ajax616

« Reply #1348 on: April 09, 2014, 06:19:21 PM »
Your thirst can only be quench by your understanding, not by drinking more....seek understanding and not more water, and you'll be absolutely content.

Ajax616

« Reply #1349 on: April 09, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »
Saving aggravation why am I still pushing it, EGO or the reasons for many destructive behaviors, nothing left to win, except to lose.‏

Advertisements