Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 422160 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #2445 on: July 08, 2015, 09:39:04 PM »
To my awesome and amazing kids....how are we going to carry ourselves at all times....with self respect, dignity, and erroring on love and kindness for others.  Our motto will be "I will not be defeated."

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:30:18 PM by Ajax616 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #2446 on: July 08, 2015, 09:41:07 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-980-pound-man-adjusts-after-a-difficult-skin-operation/ar-BBl8Xkt

He substituted food for love.  Love with all you have and they will never find a substitute in food.

Ajax616

« Reply #2447 on: July 08, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »
What is the one thing you want to do before you die...achieve enlightenment as to what is the purpose of life and then give all your heart and soul to it.

Ajax616

Ajax616

« Reply #2449 on: July 08, 2015, 09:47:26 PM »
I am not a fan of Tiger Woods, because he's a cheap person that has no love for others.

Like this post: +1

Ajax616

« Reply #2451 on: July 17, 2015, 07:34:35 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtvqT_wMeY

Runaway Train
Song by Soul Asylum
Call you up in the middle of the night
Like a firefly without a light
You were there like a slow torch burning
I was a key that could use a little turning
So tired that I couldn't even sleep
So many secrets I couldn't keep
Promised myself I wouldn't weep
One more promise I couldn't keep
It seems no one can help me now
I'm in too deep
There's no way out
This time I have really led myself astray
Runaway train never going back
Wrong way on a one way track
Seems like I should be getting somewhere
Somehow I'm neither here nor there
Can you help me remember how to smile
Make it somehow all seem worthwhile
How on earth did I get so jaded
Life's mystery seems so faded
I can go where no one else can go
I know what no one else knows
Here I am just drownin' in the rain
With… Full lyrics on Google Play

Ajax616

Ajax616

« Reply #2453 on: July 17, 2015, 07:51:04 PM »
Publishing the Sutras

Tetsugen, a devotee of Zen in Japan, decided to publish the sutras, which at that time were available only in Chinese. The books were to be printed with wood blocks in an edition of seven thousand copies, a tremendous undertaking.

Tetsugen began by traveling and collecting donations for this purpose. A few sympathizers would give him a hundred pieces of gold, but most of the time he received only small coins. He thanked each donor with equal gratitude. After ten years Tetsugen had enough money to begin his task.

It happened that at that time the Uji Rive overflowed. Famine followed. Tetsugen took the funds he had collected for the books and spent them to save others from starvation. Then he began again his work of collecting.

Several years afterwards an epidemic spread over the country. Tetsugen again gave away what he had collected, to help his people. For a third time he started his work, and after twenty years his wish was fulfilled. The printing blocks which produced the first edition of sutras can be seen today in the Obaku monastery in Kyoto.

The Japanese tell their children that Tetsugen made three sets of sutras, and that the first two invisible sets surpass even the last.

Ajax616

« Reply #2454 on: July 21, 2015, 10:04:08 PM »
A girl is hitting on me and asking me to go to her house.....funn y stuff.  She's pretty hot too, but I cannot at the moment.

Ajax616

« Reply #2455 on: July 21, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »
Do you know why I miss you?  Because of the way you love me.  There's no one better than you so far.

Ajax616

« Reply #2456 on: July 28, 2015, 09:17:13 PM »
The Moon Cannot Be Stolen

Ryokan, a Zen master, lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening a thief visited the hut only to discover there was nothing to steal.

Ryokan returned and caught him. "You have come a long way to visit me," he told the prowler, "and you should not return empty-handed. Please take my clothes as a gift."

The thief was bewildered. He took the clothes and slunk away.

Ryoken sat naked, watching the moon. "Poor fellow," he mused, "I wish I could have given him this beautiful moon."

I was reflecting on this Zen Story I sent you a long time ago, and I finally realized that it’s not about a thief stealing clothes, but it’s about all the short cut people take in taking others and thinking that happiness can be had, and they forget to realize how beautiful things are already in their lives. The appreciation itself will lead to peace and happiness.  The lack of the appreciation will lead to curiosity and searching for things out there.

Ajax616

« Reply #2457 on: July 28, 2015, 09:18:52 PM »
What remains constant is the fear, love, greed, desire, anger, and hatred.  The ways of the heart.

What changes is the sky, because someone is always looking to make changes for theirs and others' benefit.

Ajax616

« Reply #2458 on: July 28, 2015, 09:20:03 PM »
Free all souls so that they can be free to live as sentient beings, including our other halves.

Ajax616

« Reply #2459 on: July 29, 2015, 09:12:38 PM »
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Advertisements