Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 417380 times)

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #3180 on: April 29, 2022, 04:20:19 PM »
It is finally finished and available for sale at Amazon. I hope you like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09M4YJRCK/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1637809626&sr=8-2

Will pick up a copy at Barnes and Noble since I frequent the few remaining book stores around here.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Deliciously Happy

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 16, 2022, 07:25:03 PM »
Will pick up a copy at Barnes and Noble since I frequent the few remaining book stores around here.

Thank you for your support, but it's not popular enough to be in store yet.  It is available on Barnes and Noble's website though.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-deliciously-cheesy-happiness-equation-duke-thao/1140783587?ean=9781736584910

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 12:22:59 PM by Deliciously Happy »

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: June 14, 2022, 06:57:27 AM »
I realize where the error is now. My desire for 25,000 caused my early exit from a great trade.  That's how the desire and the fear got me to sway from reason and logic this time.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 09:12:59 AM by Deliciously Happy »

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: June 14, 2022, 06:59:29 AM »
“I came out alone on my way to my tryst. But who is this that follows me in the silent dark?

I move aside to avoid his presence but I escape him not.

He makes the dust rise from the earth with his swagger; he adds his loud voice to every word that I utter.

He is my own little self, my lord, he knows no shame; but I am ashamed to come to thy door in his company.”

-Rabindranath Tagore

Awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913 "because of his profoundly sensitive, fresh and beautiful verse, by which, with consummate skill, he has made his poetic thought, expressed in his own English words, a part of the literature of the West."

He was also knighted, but later renounced it in protest of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre at Amritsar.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/36913.Rabindranath_Tagore

« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:15:33 AM by Deliciously Happy »

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: June 14, 2022, 07:00:35 AM »
I had a dream last night that I was getting annoyed by others to the point of kicking someone.  In the dream, I wasn't even sure who exactly was intentionally annoying me. It appeared to be coming all around me. It goes to show, I am still seating in darkness under the bodhi tree.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 08:31:47 AM by Deliciously Happy »

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: June 16, 2022, 09:02:22 PM »
I am still a little surprised at how large the error turn out to be.  The error could have been avoid through applying fundamentals instead of hope, desire, or fear. It further reaffirms a complete need for the following three discipline below. 

1.  Trade according to the design I created, including, entry, stop, exit, and timeframe.

2. All longer timeframe hold needs to be with the MKT 80 MA, to stay with the trend.

3. All positions need a moving stop, to avoid turning into a disaster.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:35:04 AM by Deliciously Happy »

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: June 27, 2022, 01:48:28 PM »
There's only one journey in life, and it is the taming of our heart's energies. It will drive everything we do, thus we must be in charge of our heart's energies so that we can touch the sky.

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: June 27, 2022, 02:19:26 PM »
If you ride the tiger, it will kill you and you will die.  If you do not ride the tiger, you will still die. Therefore, you must ride the tiger.

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: June 30, 2022, 06:08:50 AM »
The blind men and the elephant: Is perception reality?

A long time ago six blind men lived in a village in India. The men had heard stories about elephants from the other villagers, and they were very curious.

One day the villagers arranged for the men to visit the palace and experience an elephant for themselves. Each of the blind men approached, and then touched, the part of the animal that was closest to them.

The first man put his hand on the elephant’s side. “Oh, of course! The elephant is just like a wall!”

The second man felt the elephant’s tusk. “You are wrong. The elephant is like a spear.”

The third man touched the elephant’s trunk. “You’re both wrong. The elephant is obviously like a snake.”

The fourth man grabbed one of the elephant’s legs. “I understand perfectly! It’s clear the elephant is like a tall tree.”

The fifth man was tall and reached for the elephant’s ear. “You are all mistaken! The elephant is like a huge fan.”

The sixth man was only able to grasp the elephant’s tail. “How could you all be so wrong?!?! Anyone with any sense would see the elephant is just like a rope.”

Long after the elephant moved on, the blind men continued to argue about what an elephant was. They called each other names, accused the others of lying, and scoffed at their stupidity.

Each was convinced they were right and the others were foolish. Of course, each man was partly right, but all were wrong.  Listening to each other’s perspectives would have helped them better understand the true nature of an elephant.

We are all more blind than we realize. Our subjective experiences are limited, and yet we’re often convinced they’re the absolute truth. But being overconfident prevents us from learning or changing our mind. If our goal is to better understand the true nature of reality, we must recognize that our perceptions are incomplete, flawed, and biased, and be open to hearing the experiences of others.

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: July 07, 2022, 09:52:37 AM »
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." - Vivian Greene

Don't just enjoy good tasting food, but enjoy the not so tasty food in front of you.

Don't wait to go on vacation to enjoy yourself, but enjoy yourself in each moment. :)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 05:49:05 AM by Deliciously Happy »

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: July 12, 2022, 03:10:59 PM »
"Ideology is the primary motivating factor." - Brian James, former white supremacist

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 07:44:20 PM by Deliciously Happy »

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: July 13, 2022, 09:53:32 AM »
"When you want something with all your heart, the universe conspires to give it to you." - From a Hindi movie

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." - Paul Coelho

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: July 13, 2022, 01:52:35 PM »

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 07:54:49 PM by Deliciously Happy »

Advertisements