Advertisement

Author Topic: Just Venting: 7/17/16: First Milestone crossed!  (Read 57967 times)

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
Re: Just Venting: Weight Loss [Updated with Photo]
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
You are a great example of how type II diabete can be treated and maintained through exercise and diet!  That's the most important part about you losing weight.   O0

Thank you!!

Thanks shampoo!

Thanks for the tips mommabear!

Like this post: 0
Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Adverstisement

Honey

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2012, 12:22:07 PM »
Great job. Losing weight and getting in shape is NOT an easy task. Kudos to those who are able to accomoplish it the real way.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »
Oh...I'd have to try some pears!!

Pears is good with juicing.

hubba-hubba

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2012, 11:42:11 PM »
Great job!!!  I'm really happy for you; you're an inspiration!

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 09:35:32 PM »
Great job!!!  I'm really happy for you; you're an inspiration!

Thank you!

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

smile_0

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
I wish I had will power... keep it up the great work. 

Miss-atia

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:26 PM »
YUBNAG u need to tell how u did it.!

I know losing the extra pounds is way healthier and out beats everything!

I just don't like the excess skin and losing my black booty.  :-\

I'm very proud of my progress; -35 lbs now, since May! Woo hoo!

Here's photo for you folks!!

Since a lot of folks wanted a photo, here ya'll go! I hope you all will be inspired!  ;D

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »

Well, frankly, first and foremost, when you want something enough, you'll find a way to accomplish it.  ;D

And yes, it took me a long time to reach this level (5 years of yo-yo weight loss) but everything I've gained and learned along the way is well worth the wait. I finally found success after putting my body through extreme dieting by juicing for at least 3 times a day for my meals and snacked on nuts and berries. Now, I know, I took a risk here, being diabetic (diabetics need food to control blood sugar) I was concern but my mother always told me that I have too much fat, that I won't die or faint from a deprivation of food, and even went as far as mentioning that if I was stranded somewhere without food, I will not die easily (mother dearest  ;D). But since my juice was a combo of fruit and veggies, I was getting my allotted sugar, so I brush my fears aside and stuck to this juice diet. I lost 25 pounds in a month and then lost the remaining 10 pounds from solely eating properly (after I stop juicing) and exercise.

I used to spend countless hours doing half-assed workout in the gym, so I changed that routine too. Now, I do moderate-intense cardio (depending on my level of exhaustion on that day) and (light weight and repetitious) weight lifting for 1 hour (at most 1.5 hour), for at least 4 days a week.

Then one day, I came upon a candid picture of my full body (I was never comfortable getting my full body photographed) and I just decided to put on that leopard dress to do a before and after picture and boy, I was in so much amazement!! I was more amazed at how well my plan worked as opposed to how much I've lost! People guessed the numbers of pounds I've lost to be 50-70 lbs but honestly, I only lost 35 lbs. It was the inches that was shedding, hence, fat being lost! And yes, I am very proud!  :D

This is how I did.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2012, 05:38:08 PM »
 O0

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
Yubnag, you're really awesome.  I'm totally inspired.   :D :-*

cherry-kiss

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
Yubnag, thanks for sharing! I've heard a lot about juicing and want to try it, but haven't yet due to many reasons. Ideally, for my height, I should be just around 115 - 120 lbs., but I am 50 pounds over that range. I have lost weight in the past by just eating healthy with no exercise, but have gained most of it back. Like you -- and most women in here-- I've struggled with weight lose for a long time now and I agree with you that it has to be a lifestyle change, not just "dieting" off and on. Anyway, I've been feeling sluggish lately and hate looking at photos of myself. I am tired all the time because of my weight..I remember being more energetic and just feeling better about myself when I did not have so much excess weight on me...looking at your photos and your journey, I am ready to revamp my eating habits and lifestyle again. Thanks for that boost of inspiration! :)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:07:47 PM by cherry-kiss »

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:12 AM »

Gemini, I can't mention enough about how much control I've got of my diabetes. I've dropped my glucose count by many numbers, from a daily average of 250-320 (glucose level should always be below 100) to a daily average of 180. Now, that may all seem confusing and still troubling but for being diabetic, that puts me only 60 units away from having normal blood sugar. So yes, I feel different and very proud of my management of my disease!  ;D

In terms of energy and strength, I'm just like everyone else, on days that I'm not active, I feel lazy and tired.  :P

This just crossing the the threshold to better health and a better quality of life, my journey will be continuous.  :)

O0

250-320 is a very dangerous level. Good to see your progress, hope you get it down to 100.

Super User

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 02:38:11 PM »
wow yubnag!!! you are an inspriration. my brothers and i just started doing Biggest Loser last week and so I am watching what I eat and the calories that I consume. it's amazing to see that I was eating over 2x as much food as I should be eating to fuel my body. and I've noticed that since I started working out, my mood swings aren't as bad and my temper is more even. diet and exercise = healthier mind and body!

Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress!

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »
Yubnag, thanks for sharing! I've heard a lot about juicing and want to try it, but haven't yet due to many reasons. Ideally, for my height, I should be just around 115 - 120 lbs., but I am 50 pounds over that range. I have lost weight in the past by just eating healthy with no exercise, but have gained most of it back. Like you -- and most women in here-- I've struggled with weight lose for a long time now and I agree with you that it has to be a lifestyle change, not just "dieting" off and on. Anyway, I've been feeling sluggish lately and hate looking at photos of myself. I am tired all the time because of my weight..I remember being more energetic and just feeling better about myself when I did not have so much excess weight on me...looking at your photos and your journey, I am ready to revamp my eating habits and lifestyle again. Thanks for that boost of inspiration! :)

You're very welcome! Just remember to stick to your changes, you'll do just fine!

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
O0

250-320 is a very dangerous level. Good to see your progress, hope you get it down to 100.

Thank you! Reaching a glucose level of under 100 on a daily average is my goal!

Advertisements