Advertisement

Author Topic: Just Venting: 7/17/16: First Milestone crossed!  (Read 57969 times)

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
Re: Just Venting: Weight Loss [Updated with Photo]
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
wow yubnag!!! you are an inspriration. my brothers and i just started doing Biggest Loser last week and so I am watching what I eat and the calories that I consume. it's amazing to see that I was eating over 2x as much food as I should be eating to fuel my body. and I've noticed that since I started working out, my mood swings aren't as bad and my temper is more even. diet and exercise = healthier mind and body!

Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks! I wish you and your brother the best, it'll be a wonderful journey!

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress, right now, it's kind of slow 'cause I hardly make time for working out anymore, being that I'm planing a wedding, managing a LDR, and doing school part time! But I'm trying to adjust to 5AM workouts 'cause that's when I do have time! I sleep around 9:30is- 10 so, I become restless about 5AM anyway!

What are some strategies you two are working with?

Like this post: 0
Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Adverstisement

Super User

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »
What are some strategies you two are working with?

Oh, congrats on the wedding!  O0 LDRs are hard!

I am using an app called MyFitnessPal to track my caloric intake and exercise. I go to the gym and started cycling last week. I am really enjoying the cycling class and buring a lot of calories doing that so I plan to go 3 times a week. Just exercising and watching my food portions for now. :)

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2012, 05:39:44 PM »
Oh, congrats on the wedding!  O0 LDRs are hard!

I am using an app called MyFitnessPal to track my caloric intake and exercise. I go to the gym and started cycling last week. I am really enjoying the cycling class and buring a lot of calories doing that so I plan to go 3 times a week. Just exercising and watching my food portions for now. :)

Thanks! It's my brother's wedding!

I'm glad the fitness app is helping you! I have the same app but I don't use it 'cause I often forget about it, so I just stopped using it all together. Small portion is a great key to weight loss! Thanks for sharing!

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Kaxiong

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 03:38:41 AM »
I’m proud of you for committing yourself to this.  It’s a hard road ahead, but be strong and don’t fall for temptations.  I’m 5’1 and use to be 160 lbs.   Luckily for me I was forced to change my lifestyle.  I had to start all over again after having my daughter, but my goal is to get back to my pre-baby body.

I just wanted to share what I’m doing.  I’ve done P90X and Insanity, but that was before I had my daughter.  After giving birth I found that those workouts were just so harsh on my body and I found it difficult to keep up so I was really slacking and doing it all wrong.  So a friend told me about “tone it up” and I’m loving it.  The routines aren’t as harsh on the body but they’re effective at the same time.   I’ve been doing the workout videos for a few week now, along with running and watching what I eat and can see and feel the difference.  I just wanted to share it with you gals if you’re looking for something new or different. 

but check out the link to see if it can help, they have some youtube videos too.  Good luck.

http://toneitup.com/

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2012, 12:42:10 PM »
I’m proud of you for committing yourself to this.  It’s a hard road ahead, but be strong and don’t fall for temptations.  I’m 5’1 and use to be 160 lbs.   Luckily for me I was forced to change my lifestyle.  I had to start all over again after having my daughter, but my goal is to get back to my pre-baby body.

I just wanted to share what I’m doing.  I’ve done P90X and Insanity, but that was before I had my daughter.  After giving birth I found that those workouts were just so harsh on my body and I found it difficult to keep up so I was really slacking and doing it all wrong.  So a friend told me about “tone it up” and I’m loving it.  The routines aren’t as harsh on the body but they’re effective at the same time.   I’ve been doing the workout videos for a few week now, along with running and watching what I eat and can see and feel the difference.  I just wanted to share it with you gals if you’re looking for something new or different. 

but check out the link to see if it can help, they have some youtube videos too.  Good luck.

http://toneitup.com/

Thank you! I'll definitely look in to it.

cherry-kiss

Re: Just Venting: Pot Belly [Updated with Photo]
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »
yubnag, how is your progress?  I've started my weight loss journey recently and have so far kept up with at least 30 minutes of walking or cardio daily and eating portioned meals and snacks with balanced carbs, protein, vegetables and fats. I haven't loss any weight yet, but I am definitely feeling better and not as tired anymore. Plus my metabolism has increased just from eating small portioned meals every two hours. I am really hoping to keep this up and lose 20 lbs by J4. I would love to hear about your progress!

MilesDaddy

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »
good job lady. keep up the good work

Like this post: +2

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2012, 10:55:02 AM »
yubnag, how is your progress?  I've started my weight loss journey recently and have so far kept up with at least 30 minutes of walking or cardio daily and eating portioned meals and snacks with balanced carbs, protein, vegetables and fats. I haven't loss any weight yet, but I am definitely feeling better and not as tired anymore. Plus my metabolism has increased just from eating small portioned meals every two hours. I am really hoping to keep this up and lose 20 lbs by J4. I would love to hear about your progress!

That is great! The 30-min of daily cardio is a definitely an energy booster! The diet seems sensible too. May I suggest that you intensify your workout if you're not seeing the results you want. My brother and his wife run the trail at a local park, it's about 5 miles and they can't even see the results they want. Losing the weight is very hard, thus, I shifted my focus to building muscles and burning fat. I may not see the number drop but I'm slimming down and feeling great!

As for the month of May, I had to help plan and coordinate my brother's wedding and reception so with the lack of rest, I haven't worked out for 2 weeks. And with all the feasting, my diet isn't sensible either! LOL! Truth be told, this is how I'm doing with my weight loss. LOL! But I'm getting on it again, starting tomorrow! This time of the year is most challenging for me because of all the birthdays we have in this season, it's worse than the holidays! LOL!

I do wish you well and keep us posted!

Like this post: +1

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
good job lady. keep up the good work

Thank you Miles!

snwbrdjunkie

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »

Well, frankly, first and foremost, when you want something enough, you'll find a way to accomplish it.  ;D

And yes, it took me a long time to reach this level (5 years of yo-yo weight loss) but everything I've gained and learned along the way is well worth the wait. I finally found success after putting my body through extreme dieting by juicing for at least 3 times a day for my meals and snacked on nuts and berries. Now, I know, I took a risk here, being diabetic (diabetics need food to control blood sugar) I was concern but my mother always told me that I have too much fat, that I won't die or faint from a deprivation of food, and even went as far as mentioning that if I was stranded somewhere without food, I will not die easily (mother dearest  ;D). But since my juice was a combo of fruit and veggies, I was getting my allotted sugar, so I brush my fears aside and stuck to this juice diet. I lost 25 pounds in a month and then lost the remaining 10 pounds from solely eating properly (after I stop juicing) and exercise.

I used to spend countless hours doing half-assed workout in the gym, so I changed that routine too. Now, I do moderate-intense cardio (depending on my level of exhaustion on that day) and (light weight and repetitious) weight lifting for 1 hour (at most 1.5 hour), for at least 4 days a week.

Then one day, I came upon a candid picture of my full body (I was never comfortable getting my full body photographed) and I just decided to put on that leopard dress to do a before and after picture and boy, I was in so much amazement!! I was more amazed at how well my plan worked as opposed to how much I've lost! People guessed the numbers of pounds I've lost to be 50-70 lbs but honestly, I only lost 35 lbs. It was the inches that was shedding, hence, fat being lost! And yes, I am very proud!  :D

AWESOME! I am so proud of you. Keep it up. Don't ever allow anyone tell you otherwise. Please keep us posted, pictures etc.

cherry-kiss

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2012, 12:24:12 PM »
That is great! The 30-min of daily cardio is a definitely an energy booster! The diet seems sensible too. May I suggest that you intensify your workout if you're not seeing the results you want. My brother and his wife run the trail at a local park, it's about 5 miles and they can't even see the results they want. Losing the weight is very hard, thus, I shifted my focus to building muscles and burning fat. I may not see the number drop but I'm slimming down and feeling great!

As for the month of May, I had to help plan and coordinate my brother's wedding and reception so with the lack of rest, I haven't worked out for 2 weeks. And with all the feasting, my diet isn't sensible either! LOL! Truth be told, this is how I'm doing with my weight loss. LOL! But I'm getting on it again, starting tomorrow! This time of the year is most challenging for me because of all the birthdays we have in this season, it's worse than the holidays! LOL!

I do wish you well and keep us posted!

Thanks for the update. Yes, walking alone is not going to cut it, so I'm planning on a routine of switching back and forth between walking and cardio. Have to put more focus on other parts of my body, such as my belly so I really plan intense ab workouts. May I ask, what is your muscle building routine? Do you use weights?

Like this post: +1

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »
Thanks for the update. Yes, walking alone is not going to cut it, so I'm planning on a routine of switching back and forth between walking and cardio. Have to put more focus on other parts of my body, such as my belly so I really plan intense ab workouts. May I ask, what is your muscle building routine? Do you use weights?

Yes, I do weights; I work on the weight machines at the gym. I rarely use free weights 'cause that's too much stress on my joints, IDK why.  :)

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
Speaking of focusing on your ab, do incline power walk, it works your lower abs like crazy, along with your upper abs too! This is how to reduced my potbelly!  ;D I love doing incline walks 'cause it's great cardio and great for toning leg muscles! And do back exercises too, it also helps with toning your abs!!

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »
Great job, Yubnag! :) I know what you mean about the eating during this time. LOL My family has either a Grad or birthday party every weekend until the end of summer. :idiot2:

Offline miss-hmoob

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2012, 08:45:19 PM »
awesome job! I lost almost over 20 lbs in almost 2 years by just eating right and cutting down on meat. My hubby and I just started power walking. Our goal is to walk 400 or more by end of september. So far so good. We have been walking 3.2 miles per day during weekdays and 6.4 or more miles per day on the weekends.

"Appreciation and self love are the most important tools that you could even nuture." ~Abraham Hicks~

Advertisements