Advertisement

Author Topic: Just Venting: 7/17/16: First Milestone crossed!  (Read 57961 times)

Gemini

Re: Just Venting: Weight Loss [Updated with Photo]
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »
I'm proud of you. You are too young to be living as you were. Keep up the great job!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »
Thanks for sharing your pix with us. How do you do it?

Well, frankly, first and foremost, when you want something enough, you'll find a way to accomplish it.  ;D

And yes, it took me a long time to reach this level (5 years of yo-yo weight loss) but everything I've gained and learned along the way is well worth the wait. I finally found success after putting my body through extreme dieting by juicing for at least 3 times a day for my meals and snacked on nuts and berries. Now, I know, I took a risk here, being diabetic (diabetics need food to control blood sugar) I was concern but my mother always told me that I have too much fat, that I won't die or faint from a deprivation of food, and even went as far as mentioning that if I was stranded somewhere without food, I will not die easily (mother dearest  ;D). But since my juice was a combo of fruit and veggies, I was getting my allotted sugar, so I brush my fears aside and stuck to this juice diet. I lost 25 pounds in a month and then lost the remaining 10 pounds from solely eating properly (after I stop juicing) and exercise.

I used to spend countless hours doing half-assed workout in the gym, so I changed that routine too. Now, I do moderate-intense cardio (depending on my level of exhaustion on that day) and (light weight and repetitious) weight lifting for 1 hour (at most 1.5 hour), for at least 4 days a week.

Then one day, I came upon a candid picture of my full body (I was never comfortable getting my full body photographed) and I just decided to put on that leopard dress to do a before and after picture and boy, I was in so much amazement!! I was more amazed at how well my plan worked as opposed to how much I've lost! People guessed the numbers of pounds I've lost to be 50-70 lbs but honestly, I only lost 35 lbs. It was the inches that was shedding, hence, fat being lost! And yes, I am very proud!  :D

Like this post: +1
Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »
I'm proud of you. You are too young to be living as you were. Keep up the great job!

Thank you, that means a lot! I am very young to be living like I did before. Everyone has her issue, mine has to do with weight and health. If people can quit their drugs, I can quit mine too!  ;D

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

WOW and WOW!! I don't know how you can do it. I have a hard time even losing 5 pounds. Your pictures and story is very inspiring to those who are struggling to lose weight. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I found that after losing a quantity of weight, weight loss becomes easy. I can easily lose 3-5 pounds a week now but that's unhealthy. So I shoot to lose 2 lbs a week to work it into a lifestyle instead of a quick fix.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »
I think you're still a very beautiful lady regardless of your weight but I'm glad that found the strenght and determination to shed some pounds.

Thank you! I've always loved myself despite of my weight but more importantly was that I needed to get my health in check. That was the thrive!

MSV

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »
Yubnag, you said you were juicing. Does that mean you stopped eating meals completely and replaced it with a cup or so of a juice blend? What about now? I find it do hard to give up eating. I know when I went through my first round of weight loss I was always thinking about food. It ran through my mind like a girl who was lovesick with the boy next door. ;D

Any good juice recipes? My sister bought a magic bullet a few months back. I'm thinking it'll become my best friend.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 12:14:56 AM »
Yubnag, you said you were juicing. Does that mean you stopped eating meals completely and replaced it with a cup or so of a juice blend? What about now? I find it do hard to give up eating. I know when I went through my first round of weight loss I was always thinking about food. It ran through my mind like a girl who was lovesick with the boy next door. ;D

Any good juice recipes? My sister bought a magic bullet a few months back. I'm thinking it'll become my best friend.

Yes, I did give up for solid meals completely for 1 week, only! Lol! It's really difficult to go on not eating. So after the first week, I ate 1 meal, once a week, but it was a small meal 'cause I was completely self conscious. That really soothed my temptation. After a month, my juicer broke and I returned to eating again. And when I did, I know I had to make it a life change, not just a diet. After 4 months, I was slipping off my track, my diet wasn't as good as I had wanted to be but I still kept off the weight 'cause of exercising.

Dear, you need a juicer, not a blender. My Jack Lelanne juicer came with a whole recipe book for breakfast, lunch, and energizing juice but I haven't tried any recipes yet. I still enjoy my simple and affordable juice of green apple, carrots, and celery.  :)

DeceiversChick

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »
I love juicing! I make my own blends and do not follow recipes.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »
I love juicing! I make my own blends and do not follow recipes.

Please share your recipes!!! ;D

DeceiversChick

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
OH it's the tastey kind only.. apples, carrots, pears, and more fruits. That's all. lol

Json

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2012, 03:52:35 PM »
Awesome improvement.  I'm proud of you.  Keep it up.  Always remember, you're doing this for yourself and no one else.  All the compliments you're getting is just an added bonus.   O0

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 12:22:11 AM »
OH it's the tastey kind only.. apples, carrots, pears, and more fruits. That's all. lol

Oh...I'd have to try some pears!!

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »
Awesome improvement.  I'm proud of you.  Keep it up.  Always remember, you're doing this for yourself and no one else.  All the compliments you're getting is just an added bonus.   O0

Thank you Json!

AF-Wife

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2012, 01:32:57 AM »
Thanks peachy  and sweetguy!! Sweetguy, thanks for your well wishes and I'll keep you all posted! It's one small step at a time!

Gemini, I can't mention enough about how much control I've got of my diabetes. I've dropped my glucose count by many numbers, from a daily average of 250-320 (glucose level should always be below 100) to a daily average of 180. Now, that may all seem confusing and still troubling but for being diabetic, that puts me only 60 units away from having normal blood sugar. So yes, I feel different and very proud of my management of my disease!  ;D

In terms of energy and strength, I'm just like everyone else, on days that I'm not active, I feel lazy and tired.  :P

This just crossing the the threshold to better health and a better quality of life, my journey will be continuous.  :)

You are a great example of how type II diabete can be treated and maintained through exercise and diet!  That's the most important part about you losing weight.   O0

mommabear

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
you go girl! losing weight isnt easy, but just stay motivatd ok!  you can do it! some of my tips are avoiding rice, i havent had rice in forever, no eating after 8pm, drink lots of water, PORTION control big time! pm me for more info i you want  O0 O0

Advertisements