Advertisement

Author Topic: MTB  (Read 2662 times)

#

MTB
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »
sorry if my two wheel post is off topic but anyone PH do mountain trail biking?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

kyrie_eleison

Re: MTB
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »
what do you want to know?

#

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:44:11 AM »
just wanted to know if anyone here into mountain biking or want to meet for a day on the trail.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
Are you any good? 

#

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
enough to not kill myself but not good enough to do a 40+ mph downhill jump.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »
well,

that tells me...nothing, really.  Why don't you start by telling me what kind of bike you have (i.e. hardtail, full-suspension, rigid, 26er, 29er, 69er or 96er), what kind of riding you like to do (i.e. DH, DJ or XC), how often you ride and how many miles you usually put in when you do and lastly, where've you ridden and where would you like to go. 

There are a couple of people who ride who come on here.  One guy I know (I won't mention his name) will tell you he's the best rider on the face of this planet but of course, it takes him 7.5+ hours to ride 22 miles of downhill.  So, you'll have to excuse his bullsh!t. 

#

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
lol you ask if i am any good so i answer and didn't know it can related to what bike and mod i had.  ;D

I have a cheap 2010 Novara ponderosa 26 hardtail with upgrade Rock shock and disk brake.  It's not the best bike but it get me there and back.  Me and buddies of mine bike pretty much every sunday around local bay area trails and i don't think we been to one that is more then 19 miles with up and down in the bay.

lately china camp is the only trail we been going back to since there's couple of nice one there.

will be nice to bike with some hmong peeps and thanks for the heads up.  O0

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 12:10:41 AM »
lol you ask if i am any good so i answer and didn't know it can related to what bike and mod i had.  ;D

I have a cheap 2010 Novara ponderosa 26 hardtail with upgrade Rock shock and disk brake.  It's not the best bike but it get me there and back.  Me and buddies of mine bike pretty much every sunday around local bay area trails and i don't think we been to one that is more then 19 miles with up and down in the bay.

lately china camp is the only trail we been going back to since there's couple of nice one there.

will be nice to bike with some hmong peeps and thanks for the heads up.  O0

A few months back, a friend and I were in Demonstration Forest down in Santa Cruz; pretty awesome trail.  Have you ever ridden there? 

#

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 12:46:33 PM »
yes, heard is a good trail and missed my chance to bike there due to out of town work.

I will try to go there before winter set in.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »
yes, heard is a good trail and missed my chance to bike there due to out of town work.

I will try to go there before winter set in.

You're from the Bay.  Demo Forest is a hop/step and a jump for you.  Of course, Annadel isn't far either and that too is a nice trail.  BUT, I am taking a group out to another trail more localized here in the Capital City in a few weeks.  IF you're interested, let me know.  Just shoot me a PM and we'll go from there. 

#

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 02:28:46 AM »
You're from the Bay.  Demo Forest is a hop/step and a jump for you.  Of course, Annadel isn't far either and that too is a nice trail.  BUT, I am taking a group out to another trail more localized here in the Capital City in a few weeks.  IF you're interested, let me know.  Just shoot me a PM and we'll go from there. 

hope to ride with you guys soon.

yes where do u ride?

mostly in bay area.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »
#,

Well, here's your chance.  Me and a few others are planning this trip out to the Bay, Oct. 22.  If you're up to it, let me know.  Most likely Demonstration Forest.  It has the most diverse conditions and radical terrain in the Santa Cruz area.  We ride pretty fast and pretty aggressive. 

You're gonna need a full suspension if want to ride.  Just speaking from experience.  You might be okay with a hardtail. 

Advertisements