General Category > Funeral Rituals & Customs

Church hmongs vs non church hmongs... a funnie story someone told me..

(1/16) > >>

thePoster:
Anyways!!!  The point was that church people, they just come and sing a little bit at funerals and then they leave, they dont stay long.

The story goes...this hmong couple they converted to church-ism, and so the guy's wife dies and so they have the funeral.  His non-church relatives came and his church people came.  The church people came and sang their songs and stayed a bit then they all left.

Remember the guy is a church-ism guy now, so all his relatives that are non-church they said "why should we stay with this guy, he goes to church now, he's not one of us anymore, he said duck us and he started going to church, now his church people dont even stay with him, why should we stay, since they left, we're going to leave too becuase he's not one of us anymore, since his church folks dont care about him, why should we even care about him after he left us."  Well that's not what exactly they said but you get the picture.

Anyways so his non-church relatives left and so he was left all alone in the funeral home to watch his wife.  He was ALL ALONE!, he was so scared that he watched his wife from the outside the open funeral doors.

And then after that incident, the guy left his church and reconverted back to non-churchism, he said duck those church folks! hahha  They didn't have his back when he needed it most.

Anyways I found the story funnie.  Anyays, it is kinda true, they just come and sing a few songs and then they leave shortly after.  You'd think a church be more tighter knit than that.  So is this even a real church?

yuknowthat:
fact is..blood is thicker then water but then when you begin to burn bridges..it back fires on you..tsk tsk

kaiyu:
don't mix people with religion, if the church sucks find another one.. ;D

madeup:
not true,
just recently had a church funeral. service started from morning til evening, many came and stayed through the whole service as well as meeting up at the house to stay the overnight. so it's def not the church, it's the people they were associated with.

SummerBerry:

--- Quote from: madeup on October 08, 2011, 03:34:46 PM ---not true,
just recently had a church funeral. service started from morning til evening, many came and stayed through the whole service as well as meeting up at the house to stay the overnight. so it's def not the church, it's the people they were associated with.

--- End quote ---

I agree don't let religion get in the way........... . When still living if that person is good one and has no enemies then when thier day come everybody will come from far, close, near, etc.  I never thought my uncle who never go to church but his wife and kids does.......... when it was his time.........I was surprised they collected about 25k in sunshine money that his total funeral expenses was only 24k. 

We got to appreciate Hmong for the way they do funeral and not let religion get in the way.  I wish the Black and Mexican people would have more family connection/bound so that you don't see them out on the street holding car wash sign for donation.  I have neighbor here who can't even afford funeral so they only cremate for 1k.  When I told them how our Hmong people do funeral and all the help we get from the community that we lived in along with families, relatives, etc.  it really help us get through everything and if at the same time they got sons to handle and take care of funeral expenses upfront then even better. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version