Advertisement

Author Topic: Church hmongs vs non church hmongs... a funnie story someone told me..  (Read 32053 times)

kyrie_eleison

Re: Church hmongs vs non church hmongs... a funnie story someone told me..
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 10:12:42 AM »
You know, I really really want to reply with a negative response but what I don't understand is WHY does a funeral have to last so long?  Things have to change.  God has bestowed a purpose upon us and it's NOT to mourn for that long.  By the way, $100 is a drop in the bucket for most people who have a career that doesn't relate to working at a gas station.  

It's wonderful to to be a Christian when things go well for a person but at the first sign of informal disrespect (REMEMBER UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE WHO'S CAREER DOES NOT REVOLVES AROUND A GAS STATION AND THE VALUE OF $100), it's "They didn't sit and mourn with me all two weeks long at the funeral home because the have lives to live also, so I'm breaking my faith with God and I choose to go to hell with thePoster."  

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

addisonlee

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
Dispite religion, through these tough times you find out who's there for you no matter what, whether it be family or friends.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »
i dunno what church ya'll go to...but the funerals i have been too-- christian or not...the christians stay all day n night w everyone. 

Like this post: +1
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
I think the one thePosterchild goes to is in Antarctica...w here the love of the people is as warm as the weather. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 06:00:34 PM »
How much is alot to you? I come from a small Church, and we're practically operating on a budget. At the end of the year, we'll probably end up having only a couple of hundred dollars leftover. Your parents' church must be operating on grants. Hopefully there are no problems relating to money in their church.

Let said my parents current church now they have probably closed to 300k.  My parents old small church with only about less than 5 family before they decided to joined the current church........ 60k.  All that money was given to the new church.  I should know because the person who is in charge of the money is actually one of my old childhood friend still just a Nkauj Laus these day.

I can tell you that every weekend offering or loose plate can be anywhere from $1000-1500.   They only paid thier pastor part time was it either 2 or 3k a month. 

You can't really blamed people for putting thier money or even investing it in church because no one is pointing a gun on thier head to tell them they have a specific amount that need to be paid each month. 

Unlike church "Tooj Vaj" the one the turn of the light or whatever...... ....... his church........ my husband has a uncle and his brother is just crazy or whatever but he usually give all his money to the church to the point where sometime he still need his brother help.  I never saw him before but that fool already moved to another state after what he done and trying to get away from his 2 brothers. 

You just have to understand that church or not..........y ou got some who faith is just small while some are just big strong believer...... ...... Example......a strong Shamanism believer will do almost every little jingle bell/ua neeg for every little problem they hear to correct or make it better while some don't put thier beliefs that far........... ..... Church.......t he strong believer are the one who participate and talk too much about God this and that, pray too much (annoying to me) give 10% of thier income to the church along with offering every Sunday. 

I don't criticized my parents at all for how strong thier faith is because that is them and what they choose and see better fit.  As for myself........ even though I was raised as a Christian..... .it just a lot of bullshit to me from praying out loud like I'm talking crazy.  I don't need to depend on God's answer to my prayers or the Shaman power to cure me or whatever.  I'm a much better person without religion even being a part of my life. 

A_New_Beginning

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 11:04:14 PM »
I do have a plan to help our hmong churches, believe it or not church is a business.

sunsets

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »
Anyways!!!  The point was that church people, they just come and sing a little bit at funerals and then they leave, they dont stay long.

The story goes...this hmong couple they converted to church-ism, and so the guy's wife dies and so they have the funeral.  His non-church relatives came and his church people came.  The church people came and sang their songs and stayed a bit then they all left.

Remember the guy is a church-ism guy now, so all his relatives that are non-church they said "why should we stay with this guy, he goes to church now, he's not one of us anymore, he said duck us and he started going to church, now his church people dont even stay with him, why should we stay, since they left, we're going to leave too becuase he's not one of us anymore, since his church folks dont care about him, why should we even care about him after he left us."  Well that's not what exactly they said but you get the picture.

Anyways so his non-church relatives left and so he was left all alone in the funeral home to watch his wife.  He was ALL ALONE!, he was so scared that he watched his wife from the outside the open funeral doors.

And then after that incident, the guy left his church and reconverted back to non-churchism, he said duck those church folks! hahha  They didn't have his back when he needed it most.

Anyways I found the story funnie.  Anyays, it is kinda true, they just come and sing a few songs and then they leave shortly after.  You'd think a church be more tighter knit than that.  So is this even a real church?

Not always true. He probably chose the wrong church to go to.

chriscnl

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 10:09:49 AM »
There are something that alot of ignorant Hmong folks need to understand...T here is no "WE" or THEY" when we are all Hmong.  We all eat rice, boiled pork and green onion/cilantro pepper in fish sauce and bleed red blood.  Hopefully in the future us and our generation look beyond religious belief and learn to help each other.  Anyways this religion shiet gets old.  Was old then and is now.

BoredatWork

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »
You know, I really really want to reply with a negative response but what I don't understand is WHY does a funeral have to last so long?  Things have to change.  God has bestowed a purpose upon us and it's NOT to mourn for that long.  By the way, $100 is a drop in the bucket for most people who have a career that doesn't relate to working at a gas station.  

It's wonderful to to be a Christian when things go well for a person but at the first sign of informal disrespect (REMEMBER UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE WHO'S CAREER DOES NOT REVOLVES AROUND A GAS STATION AND THE VALUE OF $100), it's "They didn't sit and mourn with me all two weeks long at the funeral home because the have lives to live also, so I'm breaking my faith with God and I choose to go to hell with thePoster."  

Are we talking about 100 a week or 100 a month?  Regardless that's still a lot of money!  Especially if it's 100 a week, that's 400 a month = car payments for a nice car or rent for a house in some places.  You don't need to work at a gas station to realize that's a lot of money.  

Anyways back on topic.  I've been to a couple of church funerals and what I've noticed are church mbrs don't stay as long if they are not family.  Also their funerals are not meant to be 24hrs so usually, they just go to church to sing for a bit and close up and go home.  I think there's really not much to do at church funerals so pple just don't stay as long is what I think to be honest.  I think the problem is when pple get stuck in the middle of going to church and the old tradition.  The problem is it's hard to do both because you're mixing religion and neither sides know what to do when that happens.          

Renaissance

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »
hmong christian funeral services are a compromise between the old tradition where pple have to be at the funeral home 24/7 for 3 days straight and american tradition where the entire service is only 2 hours long.  with christian funeral service, they generally close at 11 PM or so because there is no t point in staying up all night.  everybody is exhausted from the cooking and running around.  there is no program at night.  there simply is no point staying up late.

Berthold

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 12:09:52 AM »
One would say......Its all part of God's Plan....

obscurity

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Anyways!!!  The point was that church people, they just come and sing a little bit at funerals and then they leave, they dont stay long.

The story goes...this hmong couple they converted to church-ism, and so the guy's wife dies and so they have the funeral.  His non-church relatives came and his church people came.  The church people came and sang their songs and stayed a bit then they all left.

Remember the guy is a church-ism guy now, so all his relatives that are non-church they said "why should we stay with this guy, he goes to church now, he's not one of us anymore, he said duck us and he started going to church, now his church people dont even stay with him, why should we stay, since they left, we're going to leave too becuase he's not one of us anymore, since his church folks dont care about him, why should we even care about him after he left us."  Well that's not what exactly they said but you get the picture.

Anyways so his non-church relatives left and so he was left all alone in the funeral home to watch his wife.  He was ALL ALONE!, he was so scared that he watched his wife from the outside the open funeral doors.

And then after that incident, the guy left his church and reconverted back to non-churchism, he said duck those church folks! hahha  They didn't have his back when he needed it most.

Anyways I found the story funnie.  Anyays, it is kinda true, they just come and sing a few songs and then they leave shortly after.  You'd think a church be more tighter knit than that.  So is this even a real church?

so his blood who are suppose to care for him, just gave up on him because he goes to church? hows that any better?  :idiot2:

hmongperson

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »
I have not heard of this story before, but it does hold some truth.

As some people put it, blood is thicker than water.

For some reason, Hmong Christians have no real respect or tolerance of the people who has yet to convert. For every one non-convert who bashes against Hmong Christians, there are three Hmong Christians who are bagging against those who has not converted. This has cause some deep divided in families bounded by blood.

When a non-Christian attend an event they are a bit more respectful than Christians when they attend a non-Christian event. When Christians pray non-Christians do not eat, but wait quietly with everyone else. But, when asked to kneel or eat Christians exclaimed that it is against their faith.

I find it strange that Hmong Christians have so much they can't do, but the Americans have little or no restriction and has done everything that non-Christians has done. Can someone elaborate on this? Can this because Hmong Christians are still fairly new to the faith and so they have to be on their best behavior?

Like this post: +1

megahmong

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 10:10:53 PM »
Some churches be asking for like 100 bucks an offering...dan g that's alot! that's like half of some people's paycheck!

1/10 (tithe) is required from the assembled. 1/10 of what you say? I have to go back and check...

DonJuan

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 09:04:54 AM »
I have not heard of this story before, but it does hold some truth.

As some people put it, blood is thicker than water.

For some reason, Hmong Christians have no real respect or tolerance of the people who has yet to convert. For every one non-convert who bashes against Hmong Christians, there are three Hmong Christians who are bagging against those who has not converted. This has cause some deep divided in families bounded by blood.

When a non-Christian attend an event they are a bit more respectful than Christians when they attend a non-Christian event. When Christians pray non-Christians do not eat, but wait quietly with everyone else. But, when asked to kneel or eat Christians exclaimed that it is against their faith.

I find it strange that Hmong Christians have so much they can't do, but the Americans have little or no restriction and has done everything that non-Christians has done. Can someone elaborate on this? Can this because Hmong Christians are still fairly new to the faith and so they have to be on their best behavior?

I would have to agree.  When Hmong Christians pray, the non-Christians pray along or at least, they bow their heads.  When it's the other way around, Christians refuse, leave.

Advertisements